MyComicStoreDotNET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Review author: Mike Murray, owner/operator of MyComicStore.net

Archer & Armstrong #7

This was great! Not just great, but “So cool!” great. Fred Van Lente is having fun with this project and it shows. He also dropped a BIG bomb here that will set us up for some future payoff within the rest of the Valiant Universe.

Emanuela Lupacchino is a strong artist. She moved the story along and kept me engaged every step of the way. I don’t know who’s idea it was for this cover, but it’s now one of my favorite covers of all time.

These Valiant books may not be so much fun after 40 plus years of history behind them, but they sure are exciting and fun right now. Every month every one of these is right up on top of my ‘To be read’ list.

Star Wars #2

Star Wars #2 by Brian Wood and Carlos D’anda was better than the first issue. It’s still a “meaty” book, so there’s no doubt anyone would feel like they got their money’s worth here. I also felt like the story itself was less clunky than the last issue.

The art still had one or two weak spots but that wasn’t enough to detract from the overall enjoyment of the whole project. This has left me really looking forward to the subsequent issues.