Aquaman's Trident (New 52)

mjosh7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now the trident can open a portal/hell that prisoned hercules and some other monsters

Do you think its useless or better than poseidon's trident??

Wooooah or Booooo?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering it only can open it by putting it in a "lock" (imagine the trident as a key) instead of just opening portals whenever the user wants, still not at all as cool as the pre-trident. Not hating on the trident mind you, but the trident by itself should be enough to defeat tons of people IMO, let alone someone like Aquaman holding it.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Considering it only can open it by putting it in a "lock" (imagine the trident as a key) instead of just opening portals whenever the user wants, still not at all as cool as the pre-trident. Not hating on the trident mind you, but the trident by itself should be enough to defeat tons of people IMO, let alone someone like Aquaman holding it.

the Pre-52 Trident might have been powerful, but he NEVER used it.

I prefer the New-52 way more to be honest. And frankly I don't think it needs to do much other than stab people. Hydrokinesis is a bit redundant with Mera around (and I'd rather she stay) and making it shoot lightning would take away some of Ocean Master's uniqueness.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I'm very, very grudgingly agreeing with this. However I'm sick of other people aside from Arthur putting their grubby mitts on his damn trident. It needs an anti theft spell or something.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager: I'm very, very grudgingly agreeing with this. However I'm sick of other people aside from Arthur putting their grubby mitts on his damn trident. It needs an anti theft spell or something.

lol i wouldn't hate that.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01 said:

the Pre-52 Trident might have been powerful, but he NEVER used it.

I prefer the New-52 way more to be honest. And frankly I don't think it needs to do much other than stab people. Hydrokinesis is a bit redundant with Mera around (and I'd rather she stay) and making it shoot lightning would take away some of Ocean Master's uniqueness.

Really? I only know of the Triden'ts powers, I haven't read much of pre-52 Aquaman (besides of some of David's run and Brightest Day). He didn't use it that much? :0 Then as long as he keeps using it, I am fine with it being indestructible and anti-magic. I can't see AQ without his trident, kinda like Superman and his cape.

Powerwise, yeah I wouldn't want it to really control water since AQ has Mera. I was thinking shooting energy, not lighting. The difference being it would be destruction than electric (lighting). Example: The lightning is powerful, but I doubt it it would blow a hole or the entirety of a mountain, unlike what I would like the energy to do.

Anyways, the powers isn't really big deal overall for me though. I just thought it would be cool, considering how huge the hype is for AQ's trident is ("magic users would KILL for this"). I mean, it could even make Aq's telepathy stronger making it affect humans. That would be a cool power that would work only for AQ (it would connect to his specific brain) and make his telepathy like it was.

Just keep the trident! Of course, with the way AQ is going, he is going to accidentally leave the Trident somewhere and not remember where it is! ;)

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: I just want his damn telepathy back where it was pretty 52. Then the haters and ignorant people will have absolutely no license to say that his main ability is useless when away from water

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: I just want his damn telepathy back where it was pretty 52. Then the haters and ignorant people will have absolutely no license to say that his main ability is useless when away from water

Man, his telepathy was epic! I mean, if he had it, he could defeat people above his fighting level. But it is pretty funny when I hear people say he is useless outside of water. That is like saying that anyone who is weaker than him are useless. He DOES keep his strength, reflex, speed people! lol

mjosh7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjosh7

@aquaman01: Im starting to like how he just summons a portal anytime he wants. If only he could just control those monsters by his Telpathy that would be SWEET!!

and i THINK THAT THIS WILL HIS SPACE ADVENTURE STARTS!!!!!

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

the trident. it should be a symbol of his power, to the people of Atlantis, it should be able to cause earthquakes and control over storms much like Poseidons trident (Greek myth mr P)