Aquaman is able to fly now?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By vinomonster

Current run on Aquaman shows Arthur is floating on air? Is it because of poseidon's trident?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I have know clue, but it seems like a stupid power addition. Aquaman doesnt need the power of flight.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aquaman can teleport in water.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought he could already.

Eh dont care.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

Could be that he can only levitate over water.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Could be that he can only levitate over water.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have know clue, but it seems like a stupid power addition. Aquaman doesnt need the power of flight.

If its because of the trident then its kinda cool though its weird to see him floating like that.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:

Aquaman can teleport in water.

He should be able to teleport from anywhere as long as he has concentration. I'm pretty sure he just needed water to heal cause his mind was focused on the wound.

He needed water to teleport, he said so himself.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatemalingsia

@ecstaticgrace: When he said he was losing focus for a moment, he didn't show up in the place he was expecting or teleporting to; because he was still learning and he was distracted by his wound. He didn't need it to be healed to teleport, he said he needed water to teleport. His wound doesn't have anything to do with his teleportation ability other than breaking his concentration to teleport to the proper place. In fact, during the encounter with the alien predators he mentioned his need of water first before he mentioned how his current state of mind would impair his ability to teleport. It's not wound because him being on the edge or in adrenaline mode is enough to throw him off. That was what he said on panel.

When did he appear out of lightning with Poseidon's powers? That's cool.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Read my post again, I edited it.

No Caption Provided

He showed up at a dock, and it's clearly shown he was using the lightning to destroy one of those spiral towers/structures that pop up out of nowhere in the previous page to save those people. Hence the black tendrils / matters on water after he did that.

Where did you get the second scan from?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

We are going to end up with a massive number of superheroes with the same powers, Getting boring now.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hatemalingsia

@ecstaticgrace: I found where did you get the second scan from. He was teleporting out of a body of water and he was clearly shown to manipulate the water to do so in the previous page. In your scan, the light doesn't prove anything since it's the trait of his teleportation. He also reappears through some light when he teleports under water. And he appeared in a place with water.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*nods slowly*

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

levitate most likely

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I knew he could leap pretty high and far never knew he could do that.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hatemalingsia

@ecstaticgrace said:

@hatemalingsia: Issue 42 i think he's in San-Francisco which was also stated to be a double land locked state. Not to mention the ground beneath him is shown cracking I dont see why it being a dock is mentioned.

No, they're in Alaska. That's not ground, it's rubble from the wreckage of boats, piers, or dock that was wrecked by the spiral towers / structures that pop out of nowhere in the next page.

No Caption Provided

You are talking about issue 41, where Aquaman showed up in Missouri; which actually showed that he teleported in and out of pool of water. He actually spent the effort to walk from dry land to a pool of water to teleport out.

No Caption Provided

Issue 44 after he teleports away from Atlantis he's shown to reappear on an alien planet on land. The light is a form of his teleportation just because he threw water up in the air Doesnt mean thats how he teleports.

I told you that light is a trait of his teleportation in my previous post. It doesn't change the fact that he needs water to teleport. The light is just the after-effect of his teleportation.

Before you state that little water surrounding him is what made it possible keep in mind he was in Atlantis to begin with so water coming with him is more likely then him teleporting to water splashing from nowhere.

He was able to teleport out of Mera's place because he's already in water, inside the sea. They were in Atlantis. It's not because of the little water that came out with him.

From all the evidences, Aquaman needs water to use his teleportation ability to teleport out. He doesn't require water to be present to materialize in the destination, but it's more convenient for him to do so for all intents and purposes.

@ecstaticgrace said:

@ashrym: That doesnt state he needs water as a fuel to teleport it could mean which by the previous comment of his concentration that he needs water to heal so he can have his focus and teleport properly.

Reason why he said he could end up somewhere random again. Maybe his health effects how well he uses the trident and its capabilities.

No, you got it all backwards. He never stated that he needs to heal. All he said is he needs water to teleport out, period.

Look it this way, during the encounter with the alien predators he mentioned his need of water first before he mentioned how his current state of mind would impair his ability to teleport. It's not just wound because him being on the edge or in adrenaline mode is enough to throw him off. Aquaman said he needs concentration to materialize in the correct destination, he didn't say it will prevent him from using his teleportation ability at all. He needed water to do so, he said so himself on panel.

His health affects his teleportation ability because it makes him hard to focus to materialize in the correct destination, not because it prevents him from teleporting out. Water is the one that does that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61c1f20acb732
deactivated-61c1f20acb732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman flies now? He is such a Namor ripoff!

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: He said he needed water to port out.

You got it, he needs water to teleport out.

Some images showing him reappearing on land some near water but not in it.

Exactly. From what I have seen, he doesn't need water to teleport in. It is safe to say that he can materialize in a place where there's no water.

The fact his concentration was mentioned beforehand to the mention of water I think that's indication to what's meant. Not to mention the fact that if he needs water to teleport why not create it.

He made a big deal out of it because he didn't want to end up in random place. Aquaman being on the edge or in adrenaline mode is enough to throw him off because he's still familiarizing himself with teleportation power. He lost control of the destination he'd teleport in because he lost focus for a moment when he teleported out. Aquaman said he needs concentration to materialize in the correct destination, he didn't say it will prevent him from using his teleportation ability at all.

Story development. The same reason why he didn't make water to heal himself or freeze those predators.