Anyone swapped from DC to Marvel or vice versa?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

DC Comics have been hacking me off lately to the point that although historically I have preferred more DC characters to Marvel, I find myself buying more and more Marvel comics. Anyone else changed from being mainly DC to Marvel or vice versa and why did you change?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@bezza: sometimes I try to go to marvel, but then they throw in issues that deal with a ridiculous and convoluted backstory that really puts me off

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've stayed with marvel since i saw spider-man 2

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I changed from DC and Marvel to indie's :)

(still buy a lot of DC/marvel though)

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you guys make it like Dc or Marvel are Sport Teams!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I still buy Marvel, just less than DC

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@k_thor said:

Among us comicbook nerds, the rilvary is far more intense than any sports team. Yankees v. Red Sox has nothing on this.

Anyway, to answer the question, I keep trying to read both, but Marvel keeps losing my interest, so once again, I'm strictly DC (and Image).

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor said:

Among us comicbook nerds, the rilvary is far more intense than any sports team. Yankees v. Red Sox has nothing on this.

Anyway, to answer the question, I keep trying to read both, but Marvel keeps losing my interest, so once again, I'm strictly DC (and Image).

I m not from US here Football teams (to you guys Soccer), have huge rivalry i think you really have to experience that atmosphere to know what i m talking about.

I really don't understand why can you like both marvel and dc, i really have no preference, Thor is my favorite character but why do i have to dress the marvel shirt? i also like dc characters!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@k_thor said:

@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

I m not from US here Football teams (to you guys Soccer), have huge rivalry i think you really have to experience that atmosphere to know what i m talking about.

I really don't understand why can you like both marvel and dc, i really have no preference, Thor is my favorite character but why do i have to dress the marvel shirt? i also like dc characters!

Yeah, here in the States soccor isn't quite as popular, so I made the baseball reference as I feel like it captures DC/Marvel rilvary the best, ha. And, I do like both, but if someone put a gun to my head and say "choose a side." I would pick DC every time. They have characters that I find more interesting.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By iDude

Nope, still Dc. But I do like Marvel.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Indie>Mainstream.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came back to DC heavy when the New52 debuted but I've fallen WAAY back and gone mostly Marvel and some indies.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#13 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I changed from DC and Marvel to indie's :)

(still buy a lot of DC/marvel though)

Pretty much the same :)

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started with Marvel TPBs, and then had a lot of Marvel & DC TPB's, probably even, actually. Once I started reading single issues, it was a pretty even split between the two. But now I'm mostly Marvel, then Image, then DC.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was 50/50 with DC and Marvel, but Marvel is beginning to mess around with a lot of their characters which is slightly uncalled for (woman Thor for example) which is beginning to put me off Marvel and stick to DC seeing as I like their stories better. To be fair, the only thing keeping me at Marvel was Moon Knight and Thor: God of Thunder - now it just depends if I'll like the changes to both titles/characters or not but it's looking likely that I'll ditch Marvel.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@k_thor said:

That's the perfect analogy for people who seem to think they are competing with each other.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Stuck with DC since the New 52. Before that I was only reading some trades and grabbing Kick Ass 2 monthly. I tried Marvel, didn't interest me.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving

Marvel > Image > IDW > DC

That's pretty much my reading order. Oh I should mention that's pretty much how it has been aside from when I first started reading and all I was reading was Walking Dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

DC is my favorite of the two.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor said:

@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

Yeah, here in the States soccor isn't quite as popular, so I made the baseball reference as I feel like it captures DC/Marvel rilvary the best, ha. And, I do like both, but if someone put a gun to my head and say "choose a side." I would pick DC every time. They have characters that I find more interesting.

as a huge sports fan and comic book fan, comic rivalry doesnt compare to sports especially football (college and pro), hockey and soccer. This is coming from someone who isnt bias on either side

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By devitciiu

I've never understood limiting yourself to one company.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both for different reasons.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inkedvillan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By inkedvillan

I want to read less marvel but they keep sucking me back in. I try to stay clear of the movie related titles for sure except Spiderman. I can only hope that they dont adapt Daredevil to the TV series when it comes to that :( DC at the moment is stronger in my opinion. Im sad to see Adventures of Superman leaving though. Nothing like a good one off

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really.

I read more DC than Marvel right now, but I read both.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to enjoy both. The New 52 has made me abandon DC altogether.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@k_thor said:

That's the perfect analogy for people who seem to think they are competing with each other.

They are competing with each other...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm definitely reading more Marvel these days. Looking forward to some upcoming DC books like Gotham After Midnight, Gotham Academy and Secret Six.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:
@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

as a huge sports fan and comic book fan, comic rivalry doesnt compare to sports especially football (college and pro), hockey and soccer. This is coming from someone who isnt bias on either side

The major difference is that comic rivalries don't lead to riots and physical attacks, as they remain largely upon message boards. I enjoy both as well, but I've always found sports rivalries to be far more childish than comic rivalries.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started with Top Cow but I'm buying more Marvel now(got the first 2 TPB for Thor:God of Thunder).

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@k_thor said:

They are competing with each other...

You know what I mean

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read both.I read more DC because of batman his comic stories are really good. In marvel current Thor comic is really Good and Avengers as well.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like them both but Dc is starting to look a hole lot better because at least Dc is keeping the hero as is.

No changing superman's gender for the hell of it or making Wonder Women unworthy to lift her magic belt.

I mean pretty much I like how DC does try to keep it sane and the hero stays the same.

Love how Superman/wonder women team up.

used to read allot of marvel every month but they became all crazy during civil wars and I dropped them all for a bit.

Then I dropped the hulk from that red hulk crap what ever that was.

I dropped firestorm when they changed him that was crazy stuff to on the part of DC I never seen that one coming.

I like the flash and his return to Barry at long last , Wally should stay kid flash.

Justice League is always a favorite.

I like Batman but only in the league his own book can be boring.

Xcaliber I read it was good for a bit.

Xmen had its day till they got all crazy against the world.

Iron Man was a good read but I was wondering if he got his senses back yet because wow it was reaching for a bit.

Thor went and got all crazy cross gender stuff that makes you just wonder if the writers are on something.

They just make me drop all the books and say I hope this crazy stuff ends soon.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've stayed with marvel since i saw spider-man 2

Wow... you're my new best friend :)

- TAS

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC my fav bcoz it has my fav char

BATMAN.I like marvel coz it has my second fav char SPIDEY,and also the guy I hate the most, will not say the name as it can cause unnecessary arguments.

Hint- very popular n over rated.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use to get both DC and Marvel comics when I was a kid, now I mostly get DC books now.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Marvel guy, but I do really like Bats and his villians. The rest of DC makes me want to snooze tbh. Overall I feel Marvel has a fuller and more exciting Universe. DC really is just Bats and then everyone else imo.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:
@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

@the_stegman said:

@k_thor said:

The major difference is that comic rivalries don't lead to riots and physical attacks, as they remain largely upon message boards. I enjoy both as well, but I've always found sports rivalries to be far more childish than comic rivalries.

TBH..as huge sports fan, by comparison I can't even call DC/Marvel a rivalry. I stop with "competitors" As I've gotten older, I don't let it ruin my day if Ohio State loses to Michigan, but I still care about it. A lot more than I do whether or not Batman outsells Spider-man or what will do better between BvS and Cap America 3. In the comics, it's silly to care, because none of the talent works for just one company. Chances are your favorite DC artist/writer ether has, or will work for Marvel and vice-versa.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I read them both, because why choose sides?

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I was right with you until you mentioned OSU beating Michigan. Granted Michigan sucks this year, but OSU sucks even when they are good, lol. Go Blue!!

JK, btw. Good post. :)

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

When I got into comics I tried to buy both and I still pick up the odd Marvel title but found for me DC was better all round. Do buy alot of indy stuff though.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I was right with you until you mentioned OSU beating Michigan. Granted Michigan sucks this year, but OSU sucks even when they are good, lol. Go Blue!!

JK, btw. Good post. :)

Off topic..but looks like the whole B-10 sucks. (OSU without Miller=ugh) On the bright side, means everyone has a chance to win the conference.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I agree, pretty wide open. I'm excited about the new playoff system as well. Finally an end to B(c)S or BS. :)

My Detroit Lions looked pretty good last night as well.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikeyj122: you forgot the alien god. Superman. Faster than a speeding bullet...blah blah.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC/Marvel

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikeyJ122

@appzashok: No I didn't forget him, boring as hell character imo. He has his place in superhero history, no doubt about that. But he is a snooze fest....

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers