Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

So I went back to watch the Suicide Squad trailer to see how bad ass it was, and I noticed; Suicide Squad trailer, in less amount of time, has MORE views than Star Wars: Force Awakens (The original trailer doesn't have the word trailer in it, so if you search it another trailer comes up. This means the numbers on Suicide Squad are misleading.

Anyways, Suicide Squad has: 81,000,000 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3hecGO_04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

Star Wars has: 74,800,000 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad came out way before the Stars Wars trailer didn't it?

Best thing to do would be to compare the amount of views each got on their release date or initial week

I mean the first Star Wars trailer. The more recent one is doing very well (64 million if I remember), and may past both. I didin't want to compare SS's first trailer to SW's like 4th.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

IMHO Star Wars trailer sucked.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMHO Star Wars trailer sucked.

The first one was good but the others kinda suck imo.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person who just thinks the series as a whole is kind of overrated? Aside from the first and Empire strikes back, they're all sub-par.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Meh. Still not sure why Suicide Squad is doing so well with views as the hype for the film has died out now. Won't make nearly as much as Star Wars regardless if SW is horrid and squad is amazing.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really surprised by that. Not sure it means anything, but interesting none the less.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dan12456

@petey_is_spidey said:

Am I the only person who just thinks the series as a whole is kind of overrated? Aside from the first and Empire strikes back, they're all sub-par.

Pretty much everyone things that honestly. People love the idea of Star Wars and the amazing universe. But almost everyone acknowledges execution has been subpar so far except Empire Strikes back and maybe one or both of the other original trilogy movies.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We all know Star Wars is going to kill Suicide Squad at the Box Office, though. Views don't really mean anything.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Youtube isn't the only thing people view trailers on either. I think more people likely saw the sw trailer on things like facebook or the official site than who saw the SS trailer.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: SW has always been more about the fantasy than anything else. The way it mixes so many elements within a futuristic sci fi setting. Its like lotr in space with swords, guns, sorcerors, a galactic war and things like bounty hunters. That is the appeal. Not how good the movies have actually been since tesb.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know Star Wars is going to kill Suicide Squad at the Box Office, though. Views don't really mean anything.

They don't but there is a correlation between trailer views and top earning movies this year.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

They don't but there is a correlation between trailer views and top earning movies this year.

Correlation does not imply causation.

I am sure more people saw the trailers thanks to tv, since well, people cares more for Luke Skywalker that they care for Will Smith.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

I am sure more people saw the trailers thanks to tv, since well, people cares more for Luke Skywalker that they care for Will Smith.

Of course It doesn't cause it to make a lot.

But it still shouldn't be ignored how popular Suicide Squad is.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

Still it doesnt mean that more people saw the Suicide Squad trailer.

Bainghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

I am sure more people saw the trailers thanks to tv, sincWell seee well, people cares more for Luke Skywalker that they care for Will Smith.

But we cannot go off of what ifs, only real hard numbers. Youtube is the 3rd most popular website on Earth (its parent company Google is number 1), and is the first when it comes to video streaming and sharing. For all we know 1 billion people could have seen the trailer, for all we know The Last Airbender could have had more than both combined, but based off of ACTUAL numbers from one of the most popular sites on Earth, it has more views.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

I am sure more people saw the trailers thanks to tv, sincWell seee well, people cares more for Luke Skywalker that they care for Will Smith.

But we cannot go off of what ifs, only real hard numbers. Youtube is the 3rd most popular website on Earth (its parent company Google is number 1), and is the first when it comes to video streaming and sharing. For all we know 1 billion people could have seen the trailer, for all we know The Last Airbender could have had more than both combined, but based off of ACTUAL numbers from one of the most popular sites on Earth, it has more views.

You said had more views and try to build a narrative that more people saw the Suicide Squad trailer.

The youtube numbers mean nothing, because TV at the end of the day is still bigger that youtube.

Those are not hard numbers, are misleading numbers, it looks they tell a story, but at the end of the day this is more based on the perception of people, that in facts, also the Suicide Squad doesnt haves as much trailers as Star Wars if i remember well.

A number doesnt tell an story, people does, the number just are what they are, there could be millions of ways to explain why it has more views.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

You said had more views and try to build a narrative that more people saw the Suicide Squad trailer.

The youtube numbers mean nothing, because TV at the end of the day is still bigger that youtube.

Those are not hard numbers, are misleading numbers, it looks they tell a story, but at the end of the day this is more based on the perception of people, that in facts, also the Suicide Squad doesnt haves as much trailers as Star Wars if i remember well.

A number doesnt tell an story, people does, the number just are what they are, there could be millions of ways to explain why it has more views.

There's a HUGE difference between TV views and Youtube. Unlike Youtube, where you have to go OUT and find the trailer, with TV spots and trailers, you're basically forced to see it. No one's going to sit there and change the channel due to a commercial. TV views are even more misleading; they're usually gathered based off the program being currently broadcasting. With Youtuve views, you actually have to WILLINGLY watch the trailer. Two different things.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@lamdaddy20 said:

There's a HUGE difference between TV views and Youtube. Unlike Youtube, where you have to go OUT and find the trailer, with TV spots and trailers, you're basically forced to see it. No one's going to sit there and change the channel due to a commercial. TV views are even more misleading; they're usually gathered based off the program being currently broadcasting. With Youtuve views, you actually have to WILLINGLY watch the trailer. Two different things.

And?, you cant prove more people saw it, because the view numbers could include a guy that saw the trailer a million times.

Also no one force you to see trailers on tv, you can change the channel, also if people saw it on TV, it reduce the people that will go to youtube and see it there.

At the end the number means nothing, since you can make them mean anything you want.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't realize it had more than Force Awakens. But I did know it had more than BvS.