Anyone know a gripping comic series which isn't cheesy?

Hawkeye99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I have been wondering is there any comics which don't have a cheap storyline and are gripping. Also not too much action or cheesy captions, sorry, want the best since I'm low on green paper and want to get my moneys worth.

Batman and flash comics are amidst the genre I'm on about- but they are to detective-ish.

Need more horror/Thriller type with superheroes.

Am I asking too much?

Thanks,

Hawkeye99

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Archer and Armstrong by Valiant-A very witty satirical comic with some lore and secret society shenanigans to boot! (Cause everybody loves secret societies!)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mind reading older series or non big two stuff?
BB

Hawkeye99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, what do you mean by "non big two stuff" ???

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Comics not from DC and Marvel?
BB

Hawkeye99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any comic that is thrilling and gripping. Don't care about the publisher as long as it's good. :)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Harbinger from Valiant is a very exciting book. The first 14 issues led up to a fantastic battle and mini series called Harbinger Wars and has been a great story the whole way. The last two issues have had some pretty intense cliff hangers that could really shake up the title. It is one of my favorite one goings as of right now.

Thor: God of Thunder has been great as well. The first dozen issues or so were all about Gorr the God Butcher and was really good. The new arc features Malekith and got off to a very strong start.

I personally think that Secret Avengers has been thrilling. There are twists and turns with action and espionage mixed together with some comedy and wit. It establishes AIM as a real threat and shows the power struggle at SHIELD. Hawkeye is a main character of the book.