Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Issue 2 was released two days ago and there was a fight between the Titan and the green Behemoth.

Though the fight was not with their actual bodies, as it took place in The Negative Zone while in the mind of Bruce.

Scans of the fight

I'm curious to know other's thoughts on the issue or if any of you are keeping up with it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is no physical fight between the two this series is pointless.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue 2 was released two days ago and there was a fight between the Titan and the green Behemoth.

Though the fight was not with their actual bodies, as it took place in The Negative Zone while in the mind of Bruce.

I'm curious to know other's thoughts on the issue or if any of you are keeping up with it.

That sounds so stupid.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@those_eyes: @jashro44: Do note that this is just the second release, so a physical confrontation will most likely occur. What I meant by it was not with their physical bodies was, Thanos hacks into Annihilus' computer network and establishes a telepathic link with Hulk, in order to gather information on why they were being held captive. The back and forth between them results in a fight. before Annihilus notices the breach and interrupts.

Though they engaged each other without their actual physical bodies they both were able feel pain after Thanos altered the mechanics of the reality they were in.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: @jashro44: Do not that this is just the second release, so a physical confrontation will most likely occur. What I meant by it was not with their physical bodies was, Thanos hacks into Annihilus' computer network and establishes a telepathic link with Hulk, in order to gather information on why they were being held captive. The back and forth between them results in a fight. before Annihilus notices the breach and interrupts.

Though they engaged each other without their actual physical bodies they both were able feel pain.

So they did have a fist fight? Still it would be nice to see a physical fight.....

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is it even any good?

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@jashro44 said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

@those_eyes: @jashro44: Do not that this is just the second release, so a physical confrontation will most likely occur. What I meant by it was not with their physical bodies was, Thanos hacks into Annihilus' computer network and establishes a telepathic link with Hulk, in order to gather information on why they were being held captive. The back and forth between them results in a fight. before Annihilus notices the breach and interrupts.

Though they engaged each other without their actual physical bodies they both were able feel pain.

So they did have a fist fight? Still it would be nice to see a physical fight.....

Yes. The fight was about 13 pages long.

It begins with Thanos getting the upper hand and basically torturing Hulk while Bruce watched. It was then revealed by Bruce that Thanos was manipulating the reality they were in, weakening Hulk. Bruce manages to override this to Thanos' surprise, raising Hulk back to his normal levels. Hulk gets some pretty good shots in but Thanos overpowers him and ultimately defeats both of them. Then Annihilus interrupts and removes Thanos from the Negative Zone.

I'll see if I can upload the scans to imgur

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: So far, it's pretty good. However the side characters did get most of the attention in the first issue. However the second was more focused on Thanos and Hulk

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You're welcome.

Also, I don't know why imgur is being slow but the scans might take a while to upload lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they do have a change to have a physically fight i dont understand how hulk will even have a chance against thanos. Thanos is a team buster. Him vs hulk just doesnt make sense and doesnt seem entertaining. Unless hulk gets a boost in power i dont see how an actually fight gost past 2 pages.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unbreakable_fs4
Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

if they would beat each other..

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@jashro44 said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

They did. But it was revealed that thanos was manipulating the matrix (:p) to make hulk weaker, hulk is not smart enough to do anything about it. After that... you guessed it - banner teams up, thanos gets knocked back, compliments banner on his smarts and shows off being smarter - they had no chance at all. If anything, it showed who is more intelligent, but we already knew that.

I don't think it reflects their physical power for any reason, just the capability to manipulate virtual reality used to imprison a conscious. It's possible that we'll get a physical fight later though.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If Hulk does beat Thanos, his haters would cry PIS

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really hoping they have a full on physical battle in the next issues.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, if Hulk does beat Thanos, it WILL be PIS, because there is no way for that to happen without it

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@underdogsupporter said:

Because honestly IMO, it would really be PIS for Thanos to be defeated in a majority by even the strongest versions of Hulk whilst Thanos is at full power. This is the guy that can slap around the Annihilators, beat the Silver Surfer to near death, overpower an amped alternate version of Captain Marvel and even survive a fight with freakin' Odin (compared to Hulk puking his guts out after Zeus beat him up.) It's not just his haters that would cry PIS, it would be Thanos experts and fans that actually know both these characters fairly well. Hulk is a high tier powerhouse but Thanos is on a whole other level of power compared to Hulk even in the physical department. It's foolish to deny this fact based on the evidence, feats and power levels.

As it stands, it looks like there's not even going to be a physical fight, which seems completely pointless for a mini series named Thanos vs Hulk.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pablosl said:

@underdogsupporter said:

No, if Hulk does beat Thanos, it WILL be PIS, because there is no way for that to happen without it

Why is it PIS? If Hulk were to beat Thanos in pure physical fight why would it be PIS for Hulk to win even though his track record has been pretty good?

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@underdogsupporter said:

Because honestly IMO, it would really be PIS for Thanos to be defeated in a majority by even the strongest versions of Hulk whilst Thanos is at full power. This is the guy that can slap around the Annihilators, beat the Silver Surfer to near death, overpower an amped alternate version of Captain Marvel and even survive a fight with freakin' Odin (compared to Hulk puking his guts out after Zeus beat him up.) It's not just his haters that would cry PIS, it would be Thanos experts and fans that actually know both these characters fairly well. Hulk is a high tier powerhouse but Thanos is on a whole other level of power compared to Hulk even in the physical department. It's foolish to deny this fact based on the evidence, feats and power levels.

As it stands, it looks like there's not even going to be a physical fight, which seems completely pointless for a mini series named Thanos vs Hulk.

So you think Hulk is ridiculed with PIS but not Thanos? Thanos never slapped around the Annihilators, only took out two members, one at a time while one was BFRed and the other two taken out by Adam Warlock. Silver Surfer isn't known for his close quarters combat and would lose to Thanos. Thanos wasn't doing much to Odin either.

I beg to differ on their physical department comparison. I give Thanos the durability edge but strength, speed, healing factor go to Hulk based on feats.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pablosl said:

@underdogsupporter said:

Why is it PIS? If Hulk were to beat Thanos in pure physical fight why would it be PIS for Hulk to win even though his track record has been pretty good?

Because Thanos always beats him to death and is shown far stronger....?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lvenger

@underdogsupporter: Yes, Hulk is riddled with PIS feats far more than Thanos has. For instance, he somehow beat Gladiator and tanked his heat vision despite being massively weakened as a nexus for 2 universes.

Here's one way I can clearly show Thanos>>Hulk in power. Thanos took a pi$$ed off Odin's beating far better than the Green Scar, the strongest version of Hulk bearing in mind, took his lumps from Zeus. This is how Thanos looked after Odin had his way with him.

No Caption Provided

In contrast, this is how the Green Scar Hulk looked after Zeus just used magical fists on him.

No Caption Provided

How can you even think that Hulk and Thanos is in any way a fair fight? This comparison alone shows how much more powerful Thanos is than Hulk.

Strength would only go to Hulk throughout the battle if he got really, really mad. Thanos starts off much stronger than the Hulk and has the energy projection, defensive forcefields and telepathy to put Hulk down in multiple ways. A well written Hulk has him increasing in strength infinitely. A well written Thanos has equal strength to Hulk, massive levels of energy projection, defensive forcefields strong enough to block a Power Gem enhanced Champion.

I'm afraid it comes down to the feats, facts and evidence of what both characters can do. You seem to know what Hulk can do but for more information on Thaos, see these two threads including information from Killemall, one of the site's top Thanos experts:

http://www.comicvine.com/thanos/4005-7607/forums/thanos-chronology-fights-693595/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-darkseid-frozen-vs-thanos-killemall-vote-close-1564220/

Feel free to come back to me if you still think Hulk can still fight Thanos fairly without plot or significant context. Because if Starlin has Thanos lose or even just about fight evenly with Hulk, that would be contradicting Thanos' objectively better feats.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: The Gladiator incident was more to do with Hulk emitting Gladiator's weakness, which would've lowered Kallark's confidence, such that his heat vision wasn't as strong.

Hulk didn't actually fight back against Zeus, your scan shows Thanos has incredible durability but not the power to beat Odin. You can't just blame Hulk for PIS and simply let other characters get away with it, Hulk didn't get to where he is by losing. If Juggernaut, Doomsday, Solomon Grundy, General Eiling, Kurse are allowed to get away with such then why not Hulk? Thanos is one prime example who gets away with pretty much everything and by now any Marvel inhabitant whether its a hero or an abstract should've learnt from their previous mistakes by keeping an eye on him instead of letting Thanos slide pass, get the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gems, Infinity Gauntlet etc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underdogsupporter:

The Gladiator incident was more to do with Hulk emitting Gladiator's weakness, which would've lowered Kallark's confidence, such that his heat vision wasn't as strong.

True to an extent but the context behind Hulk's weakened state means that he had no business fighting against someone of Gladiator's power levels. Even at full power Hulk would have trouble fighting Gladiator, that much is all too clear.

Hulk didn't actually fight back against Zeus, your scan shows Thanos has incredible durability but not the power to beat Odin.

Did I say Thanos could beat Odin? No I did not, even Thanos has little chance against Odin. My point was to show how that evidence demonstrates Thanos' evident superioirty in power and might over the Hulk. Even if the Hulk had fought back against Zeus, I sincerely doubt he would have done that much better, considering that Zeus could just zap him into oblivion. Moreover, Odin has better feats than Zeus does in battle against much more powerful foes like the abstract Eternity, the demon Surtur or Galactus. Standing up to Odin, even whilst getting owned, is a superior feat than Hulk puking up his own guts after Zeus just used magical fists on Hulk.

You can't just blame Hulk for PIS and simply let other characters get away with it, Hulk didn't get to where he is by losing. If Juggernaut, Doomsday, Solomon Grundy, General Eiling, Kurse are allowed to get away with such then why not Hulk?

When the feats involve Hulk beating characters he shouldn't be able to compete with, I'm afraid I can very much criticise Hulk for being able to get away with nonsensical PIS feats which aren't consistent with what he usually does. To tackle your other examples:

• Juggernaut's power comes from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak and can fluctuate based on how much power Cyttorak decides to grant him. He's gone from being a runt in the powerhouse litter when Cain started to go good to being Trion Juggernaut where Cain could punch holes in frigging reality itself. Plus his immovable momentum makes a much more hax ability than Hulk's potential for infinite strength I'm afraid.
  • Doomsday is literally the definition of PIS hax and his feats are proof of that. He's rarely been beaten by pure brute force and Doomsday has defeated most of the Justice League on his own. Not only does the Justice League tend to be more powerful overall than the Avengers but he defeated it during the Morrison tenure, when the roster included Martian Manhunter, Kyle Rayner, Wally West, Wonder Woman and Orion. Considering that all of these powerhouses listed alongside Superman could solo Hulk on their own, Doomsday's defeat of them is just too much to ignore. He's created to be a hax unstoppable monster that only a plot device can stop, what do you expect?
  • Kinda the same with Eiling and the Shaggy Man, though to a lesser degree.
  • Don't know much about Kurse so can't comment there.

Thanos is one prime example who gets away with pretty much everything and by now any Marvel inhabitant whether its a hero or an abstract should've learnt from their previous mistakes by keeping an eye on him instead of letting Thanos slide pass, get the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gems, Infinity Gauntlet etc.

If your problem with Thanos is that he can beat anyone on the battle forums, it's that for the most part, Thanos has the feats to do so. Both with prep and without prep. There's little chance Hulk would have of realistically beating Thanos on his own, hence why I'm not a big fan of this mini series in the first place. If Hulk does actually end up fighting Thanos and getting an upper hand, I'll have more to say on the matter then.

But if your criticism with Thanos is that he can keep threatening the Marvel Universe again and again, for one Thanos is a genius with vast resources and technological prowess. He could conceivably hide from the Elders and Celestials to mask his own activities. Not to mention that the MU is a big place with all the characters doing different things all the time. Secondly, Thanos is a memorable, popular and legitimately dangerous foe, warranting a global or even universal threat whenever he shows up.. Marvel bring him back because he works well as a cosmically threatening story.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

I never actually mentioned you saying Thanos beating Odin, I was implying that Thanos hangs on to these type of opponents thanks to his durability. We can only speculate if Hulk can or can not do better against Zeus despite my hopes and your doubts.

Hulk beating up higher characters has been part of his comic history for years. Whether he should or shouldn't be able to, it still happened as it does other characters too. He has shown to do the impossible time and time again given the right conditions, plus he has other separate feats too not related to other characters, he has demonstrated to be capable of doing not just simply fighting feats where a writer chooses who wins and who loses.

I don't have a problem with Thanos winning. It's the idea Thanos can't lose to anyone is what bugs me. Furthermore Hulk is viewed as a complete opposite. People will say he's a joke, a non-factor, useless etc. People are fine with certain characters beating Thanos, Hulk isn't one of them which just isn't fair.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Hulk and Thanos only ended up fighting in a virtual reality where strength is determined by the will of the person.If Hulk and Thanos had got in a actual fight with Hulk actually been wrote as a challenge for Thanos I would of been pissed.Talk about PIS, Thanos can casually pimp slap any version of The Hulk come on now....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underdogsupporter: There was a point in Hulk and Zeus' confrontation where Hera stated Zeus could just vaporise Hulk at once and Hulk didn't exactly disagree. He goaded Zeus into a physical fight because in a full powered fight, Zeus could just summon his Skyfather power and overpower Hulk easily. Let alone Odin who has better feats than Zeus all round yet even Odin, after cutting loose a bit and summoning his spear Gungir couldn't immediately put Thanos down. That evidence isn't speculative, it's on panel proof.

Hulk has also lost to many high powered characters over the years, alongside his low showings against snakes and dinosaurs. And doing the impossible just because a writer needs a plot to go a certain way doesn't equal immediate victory. Especially not on battle boards where writing influence is removed and only the feats of each character are considered. It's a much fairer way of judging an outcome. And I'm afraid, regardless of your problems with it, that whenever Hulk faces a foe that's comparable in strength to him, faster than him or more versatile than him or even all 3 combined, he should fall to them for the most part if we look at their feats.

I don't think Thanos is unbeatable but he can take a lot of characters on in battles even without prep. And people who say Hulk is a non factor shouldn't be taken seriously. I have a false reputation on CV's Hulk boards for being a Hulk hater but at least I provide reasons for why I think the almighty Hulk doesn't always come out on top. Without reasons or justification for an opinion, you shouldn't really be taken seriously in any topic.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Unfortunately, the final issue of the mini series was released today and there was no second fight between Hulk and Thanos. Hulk fought and amped Annihilus and was saved by Pip the Troll.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so at the end of a mini series explicitly titled "Thanos vs. Hulk," there is no actual direct confrontation between Thanos and Hulk?

That's pretty blatantly misleading. I'm kind of glad I didn't invest in that series if they were just going to pull a massive bait n' switch like that. Bad form, Starlin.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive read em all. it sucks. not at all what the title leads us to believe.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew a hulk vs thanos comic would suck the moment i heard of it. Thanos is just in a higher tier level hulk cant ever hope to compete in.

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Like, even when it goes on sale on comixology, I don't plan on buying it either.

Sternfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anticlimactic, boring series.

I'm a HUGE Jim Starlin fan, but even I can't ignore the stink on this turd.

The series title should've been Hulk vs Annihilus...