#1 Posted by Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog (22 posts) - - Show Bio

This is kinda driving me a little bit insane now, I've been trying to redeem my digital copy of AvX, tbh I just want to read the Nova backup (the internet keeps taunting me with how great it is, and I refuse to pay another 99c for something that I got for free!), but whenever I try to redeem the code on the site, I click add to cart and then the loading screen pops up, but then nothing happens :/ Just the loading screen thing and it stays there.. taunting me... I tweeted at comic vine last week and G-man and inferiorego very kindly got back to me in like 4 seconds, but unfortunately it didn't shed any light on the issue (pun intended). Whats odd though is if I enter the code wrong, then right away it comes back with the error message telling me the code is wrong, so I dunno what's happening..

I emailed marvel support on Thursday, and I sent them a message through the customer service thingy they got on the site, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if they got it resolved or if they knew what was causing it, because obviously it's not happening to everyone.

#2 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having the same problem.. I've tried typing the code on my iPad and my Android phone. I've tried it while being logged in and logged out. Every time it pops up the loading box and just sits there. Google doesn't offer much insight other than posts from others who are still waiting to hear back from Marvel support. This is pretty frustrating.

#3 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I just tried the code on my PC. I even updated Firefox to the latest version... No dice.

#4 Posted by Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikocb: Thanks. This is really frustrating. I've been waiting for a full week for customer service to get back to me now, terrible customer service.

#5 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Same thing here :( I've tried different devices, browsers and all that. None of it made a difference. Stupid marvel

#6 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible customer service is right!

I've bought a total of 7 copies of A vs. X #1 (2 regular covers for my self, 1 for a friend and 4 variant covers). I think I'm deserving of a free digital copy. Or at least a prompt response from customer service, who I emailed almost 3 days ago and have yet to get a response or even a confirmation that they received my email.

#7 Posted by Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikocb: Well I just bought the one copy.. but still marvel customer service sucks. Did you get the baby variant one from midtown comics/

#8 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog: I did indeed!

#9 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel customer service just emailed me with a new code which worked like a charm :)

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#11 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: How long did you have to wait for a response?

#12 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikocb: I messaged them a bunch of times, but they replied to one I sent on the 9th. Did you use the system on the site for sending a message or did you email support? They replied to the thing on the site for me

#13 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: I directly emailed support, but I'll try the site. Thanks for the tip!

#14 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: I've already received an email with a new code! Using the form on their support page seems to be the way to go!

#15 Posted by feargalr (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikocb: That's good! But I was waiting days...

#16 Posted by Tagar101 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this thread is old, however I just tried to redeem All New X-men #11 and Cable and the x-force #8, both came up with invalid codes. Last night I successfully redeemed a few comics I purchased during the same transaction. Anyone know if marvels redemption system is down? Never had this issue before and have been using it since Marvel started giving these free digital copies.

#17 Posted by ShaunCollege (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't hold your breath - they have never fixed anything I sent their way. Just for the sheer perverse amazement of it all, I occasionally check on issues in MCDU that have been broken or locked and reported on - years later, they're still broken.

#18 Edited by alanfrancis (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this thread is old, but some how the Marvel redeem site is not working for me as well. It always worked for me. Today (7/23), I've tried to redeem the same code at least 10x, did Marvel make another big announcement at SDCC 2014 to crash the site? Like they did with the free 700 downloaded a while back.