• 56 results
#1 Edited by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer

Summary

"Two hundred years after his shocking creation, Dr. Frankenstein's creature, Adam, still walks the earth. But when he finds himself in the middle of a war over the fate of humanity, Adam discovers he holds the key that could destroy humankind."

He basically will be fighting Gargoyles and Demons to save earth.

My Opinion

Honestly the concept seems crap imo. I really only want to go just to see if Frankenstein will be a capable fighter worth making battle threads out of. lol

I wish they would have gone with a more traditional route maybe a reboot of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. But instead looks like Hollywood is going to butt rape another concept and add a typical corny gimmick that wont be executed correctly.

Also the fact that Frankenstein doesn't even look like what I would prefer him to look like. I mean since they are going with this whole demons and gargoyle concept I would imagine they would go all out and make Frankenstein look way more monstrous. He looks like a normal guy with stitches. Atleast make him 7 feet tall or something.

Hell they could have even gone this far with a look since they are bringing such a huge supernatural spin on things.

Conclusion

Ill be making a review after I see the movie and plenty of battle threads if Frankenstein displays some impressive fighting feats.

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1st pic seems about right in what would be passable for the monster to be in a movie like this. Also it seems that they are throwing in some kinda romance I bet you anything they are...which is probably also a reason. I really don't understand trying to shove female characters into movies like this for some cheap romance, that just seem so far out there that a possible romance could be involved......no offense ladies.

But I'm sure you could prob make a couple of battle threads, looks like in the trailer he seems to be fighting pretty well.

#3 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

my roommate likes frankenstein's monster so he is all for it , to me it looks like they are trying to romanticize another monster franchise , so ill pass on it and its two sequels

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

I will watch it the trailer makes it look like its going to be absolutely awful in the best way possible.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23987 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#6 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10235 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely not.

#7 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. It looks bad and like an amalgam of every story trope I've been sick of for years LOL. Maybe I'll look at it, if this ends up in the $2.99 Treasure Hunt DVD bin at a 7-11.

#8 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5042 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't look that good but I have a guilty pleasure for watching Monsters beat the crap out of each other so I'll probably go watch it.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenixofthetides: I'll be watching it a year or so from now when its free on Fearnet. I'm thinking its gonna be good for an MST3K style viewing.

#10 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1st pic seems about right in what would be passable for the monster to be in a movie like this. Also it seems that they are throwing in some kinda romance I bet you anything they are...which is probably also a reason. I really don't understand trying to shove female characters into movies like this for some cheap romance, that just seem so far out there that a possible romance could be involved......no offense ladies.

But I'm sure you could prob make a couple of battle threads, looks like in the trailer he seems to be fighting pretty well.

Its all for trying to appeal to a broader audience for the girls that will go see the movie (which I hate). Yae the first pic would be perfect character concept.

@soa said:

my roommate likes frankenstein's monster so he is all for it , to me it looks like they are trying to romanticize another monster franchise , so ill pass on it and its two sequels

Seriously sequels? dear god no!!!

It doesn't look that good but I have a guilty pleasure for watching Monsters beat the crap out of each other so I'll probably go watch it.

Yae I have a guilty pleasure for that to. Thankfully ill be getting in to watch this movie in theaters for only 4 bucks so Im not losing too much out of it, even though I imagine it will be horrible.

#11 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5042 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: My University does a "dollar movie night" once a month, I'll probably go see this during it haha

#12 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I only watch 1-2 movies a year in the theater and the conclusion to Hobbit will be one of them!

#13 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I only watch 1-2 movies a year in the theater and the conclusion to Hobbit will be one of them!

Been wanting to go watch the first 2.

#14 Posted by Mr_Colossus (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm In. Looks like it could be a decent movie. I like the actors/actresses and the producers that worked on it (Big fan of the Underworld series). I'll at least give it a look. Not saying it will be a superb movie, but it's more attention grabbing (based on the trailer) than most of the other movies released in January.

#15 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm In. Looks like it could be a decent movie. I like the actors/actresses and the producers that worked on it (Big fan of the Underworld series). I'll at least give it a look. Not saying it will be a superb movie, but it's more attention grabbing (based on the trailer) than most of the other movies released in January.

Its not so much the action I have a problem with (from what the trailer in tales), its the concept of the movie. But you are correct it looks decent compared to most movies this month. I'm really looking forward to Captain America: Winter Soldier though and of course later this year Guardians of the Galaxy. I imagine they will show the guardians of the galaxy trailer before Winter solider starts playing on the screen. That or they do a nice Easter egg at the end of the movie.

#16 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

Been wanting to go watch the first 2.

If you like Lord of the Rings, you'll like Hobbit, if you didn't, you most likely will not like Hobbit. Simple as that.

#17 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL

F***ING

NO

#18 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL

F***ING

NO

:3 don't blame you. I hope I can bare getting through the whole thing.

#19 Edited by Joygirl (19483 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. :)

#20 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

He should look like DC's Frankenstein; he does look awesome.

#21 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#22 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6461 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably will, it looks decent.

#23 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol nope

#24 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron Eckhart is a solid actor, so... sure. It looks like another Underworld movie, a franchise which has tended to be fairly watchable. I put in my time this week with The Wolf Of Wall Street, American Hustle & Her, I think I'm ready for a simple popcorn film.

#25 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron Eckhart is a solid actor, so... sure. It looks like another Underworld movie, a franchise which has tended to be fairly watchable. I put in my time this week with The Wolf Of Wall Street, American Hustle & Her, I think I'm ready for a simple popcorn film.

If its close to underworld ill find it decent. I was always a fan of underworld movies. How was the wolf of wall street btw?

#26 Edited by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: It was a very good movie, but it wasn't a great movie. It's very structurally similar to Goodfellas. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Scorsese isn't breaking any new ground here. Dicaprio turns in a cracker of a performance, but don't look for him to win the Oscar... this time. There were some laugh out loud moments, and some nice physical comedy. Dragged a bit, here and there, but in the end I was entertained, and ultimately, that's all that matters.

#27 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to NOT see this movie.

#28 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a very good movie, but it wasn't a great movie. It's very structurally similar to Goodfellas. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Scorsese isn't breaking any new ground here. Dicaprio turns in a cracker of a performance, but don't look for him to win the Oscar... this time. There were some laugh out loud moments, and some nice physical comedy. Dragged a bit, here and there, but in the end I was entertained, and ultimately, that's all that matters.

Took me a minute to realize you were talking about Wolf of Wall Street not I Frankenstein :P

#29 Edited by Farkam (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#30 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (771 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie looks worse than troll 2. seriously. it looks THAT bad. why Hollywood? why???? I'll make better movies than you guys have in the past 10 years. ughhh

#31 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. But what I did get from the trailer is that Eckhart has a better batman batvoice than Bale. Lol. Him reading that monologue gives me chills.

#32 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6199 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be watching it. I prefer my Frankenstein of the Mary Shelly, Universal, or Young variety... Hate reboots, especially when the creator is not alive to approve them.

#33 Edited by lesterlawton (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankenstein with abs? I'm gonna pass.

#34 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: *Rubs forehead* (not because of you, of course :-)). I'd see this with a friend for between $5-$7 just to make fun of it (riffing with a friend is always fun) but it looks godawful. I don't even know why Eckhart and Nighy are in this as they can both act. I guess it's easy money.

#35 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Maybe I'll watch it online if I see it in a battles forum thread. That's it.

#36 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (284 posts) - - Show Bio

redboxing it.

#37 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#38 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I'll definitely be going to see Miranda(Mass Effect fans will get this),ahem I mean Yvonne. In all seriousness though yeah I'll probably go see it..I never read the comic but it looks similar to Underworld(I'm assuming that's not the best of things to its actual fans). Actually if I recall it says in the trailers that the producers of underworld or whatever are involved in this so..

Compared to all the other movies this month I think I'd watch it simply because there's nothing else to watch actionwise

#39 Posted by RetconCrisis (3740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: If you haven't read the comic, the 89-page issue by DarkHorse is for free right now (well, the digital version on comixology), so I recommend it to see if you would want to watch the movie.

#40 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: If you haven't read the comic, the 89-page issue by DarkHorse is for free right now (well, the digital version on comixology), so I recommend it to see if you would want to watch the movie.

I'll check it out..However as someone's said if it's anything like Underworld then hopefully it's at least watchable. The only comic book film that's ever actually turned me off and made me regret watching it was The Spirit so far so yeah

#41 Posted by Experio (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably, the trailer is persuasive.

#42 Posted by Jayc1324 (11677 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck no. Visual effects might be cool but it sounds like it'll be a horrible movie

#43 Posted by Deadgod (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Naah but it looks decent

#44 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6451 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#45 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8820 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, if I have nothing better to do a sunday or monday afternoon, maybe.

#46 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

I am gonna watch it it.

#47 Posted by those_eyes (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Heck no. Visual effects might be cool but it sounds like it'll be a horrible movie

The concept and plot was absolute horrible when I first read the synapsis. Im only doing this since it will only cost me 4 bucks and to make a review for you guys and make battle threads.

@deadgod said:

Naah but it looks decent

What was it that make you two not really interested?

Meh, if I have nothing better to do a sunday or monday afternoon, maybe.

@mortium said:

I am gonna watch it it.

I think they will make sequels depending on how well the first movie does in theatres.

#48 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5791 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#49 Edited by Squares (5632 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#50 Posted by Jean199999 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'll probably see it, I live part time at the theatre.