Anyone else think the Joker was right after TDKR?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I was thinking about what Joker said about people, and how, we will all turn on one another if given an opportunity, despite how civilized we claim to be. And he was right. Bane destroys a stadium, killing countless innocents, then brings out a Nuclear bomb, killing the only person able to disarm it. And what happens? People turn on the Cops and the wealthy because of a lie. Joker probably gave himself a pat on the back for being right, then went off to get a job.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he's right, people are horrible, but he allows this to be an excuse to carry out his horrendous acts. The Dark Knight pushes himself to better.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: I agree. I thought of this because so many people asked about the Jokers whereabouts during Rises. I was like..Costco? Lol

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: I never realized just how much I loved the entire series until recently. I think Arrow's finale set it off.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JulieDC

I've always felt that when it comes to the Joker the problem isn't what he is saying, its what he is doing.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc: Do you believe Joker to be insane? Because sometimes I wonder.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: that is a good question. I can see him interpreted as being both depending on the writer. Not having a clearly defined answer actually makes him very interesting if not frightening.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc: I agree completely, which is what I love about the character. Also his joy is infectious. Lol

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@edamame: Even if Rises was the weakest of the three. It was light years ahead of other films.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Absolutely. Which is something Bane played on. Which is why I bought up the fact that the people turned on the wealthy families of Gotham.

The only thing that bugged me, is that nobody questioned Bane or his motives. Like bringing a frickin Nuke into the city. Refused to let people leave or enter. And killed the one man on the planet capable of shutting it down in case of accidental activation. When presented with a false since of ``freedom" they reacted just as Joker said they would. Like animals.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Joker wasn't just right about the fictional Gotham, but towards real life and people.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Pokeysteve

I hated that Batman trilogy and thought it was a terrible representation of most of the characters that appeared but pretty much everything that came out of Joker's mouth was gold. Highly quotable.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Hell Yes!! I loved the ``As for my suit being cheap, you oughta know, you bought it."

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@guardiandevil83: At times I think he is as smart as Bats just that his insanity has made others believe he is dumb.

Speaking of Social Commentary in Comic book Films, anyone catch the one in MOS? And yes the joker is right.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123

For future reference, The Dark Knight Rises is abbreviated as TDKR, to avoid confusion with Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, which is abbreviated DKR.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83
batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

the Joker was right to some extent. I believe that it is in our human nature to create order. Think of it this way: You and 5 other people have been stranded on an island for the past week. What do you do? You nominate a leader. You assign jobs and a leader. It's only naturally. Sure, some people may lose it, but the majority is still striving for order. The Joker was right with the idea that people can lose it when all of structure and society is down. However, he believed that deep down, everyone was ugly as him. Take the ferry scene in the Dark Knight. He believed that one of the ferries would blow up. They didn't. That is because there is usually at least one person who wants order and will continue to steer the people in the correct place. They even did ballots. They need order. If the events in The Dark Knight Rises continued on, you would see Gotham slowly form some sort of system. Doesn't matter if it's a good or bad system, it's still order. In a way, there was some form of ordered chaos (the trials by Dr. Crane).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

TDKR kind of did prove Joker right.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: See this Is what I was hoping for. Great points. I honestly think, someone would have blown up the other boat.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna be honest, don't think he said anything that wasn't already known.

Yeah, people go crazy. It's historically proven. When The Joker was talking, I saw Charles Manson. Okay, so the guy makes sense. But it's obvious sense. You take five minutes of your time, and just take a good look at the world around you. It makes total sense. It's not intelligent. It doesn't make him any smarter.

The world went crazy, but I wasn't thinking The Joker was right. I was thinking, it's humanity being humanity. That's it.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@sideburnguru: Lol true. Thanks for the contribution to the thread. I mostly made this to see what people had to say. I know that most people already knew this. But there are those who try and Deny that people are capable of horrendous acts. This was partially inspired by Tony's Superman thread, and a question asked by 47 at the beginning of Hitman. ``When does a good man know when to kill?" Were the people of Gotham evil? Were they justified since they'd been lied to? These questions are impossible to fully answer. I just know that some people will Deny that they would do the unthinkable when pressed. Sometimes you gotta do evil for good reasons. I wanted to ask Gman, as a father, if a man had a Gun to his Childs head, would he put him down? Or refuse. Because if presented with that situation, any human who cares for their children would burn that bastard.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SideburnGuru

@guardiandevil83: They weren't evil. They were people. They went with natural instinct, that totally just rules out the natural thought process. It's sad, but that's usually how it tends to work.

I'm pretty sure any person would protect the ones they loved, no matter what. It's instinct. Primal instinct. You should play the game "The Last Of Us". With the story and character development in mind, I think you'd appreciate it.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@sideburnguru: I will look for that. And I know that Tony would fight to the end. That is my point, when Clark tackled Zod through the gas station, he was lashing out in anger, as we all would, property damage be damned. We can all snap when angered or threatened, and to deny that, is as Loki said, a Childs prayer.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Exactly. And in the case of Man Of Steel, people don't understand. Superman is a great hero, because of the fact he has grown over primal instinct. He can control it for the most part, which means less destruction.

He wasn't completely Superman in Man Of Steel. He was Clark-developing into Superman. He was wreckless, because the instinct still got to him. He didn't completely develope into Superman, and he didn't quite build a tolerance.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all have the potential for being good

But we also have the easy choice of being evil

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@russellmania77: Yea. Sadly most of us would choose easy. Which is basically what Mitt Romney said about 47% of America.