Avatar image for sebastianhoward64
sebastianhoward64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sebastianhoward64

I started watching Arrow because DC advertised the crap out of it on their comics so I figured I should give it a go. The only DC series that's live action that I can remember is that really bad Smallville show were they had Darksied turn into a fucking smoke monster or whatever. Anyway, this show, I'm not done with it yet but what I've seen is its very well written. A guy gets his neck broken like twenty minutes in. I would like to see him in his costume doing more superhero stuff but they're setting up the characters and such so I can see why they wouldn't do that in the first episode, I mean in Smallville they didn't do it for the entire fucking show teasing the audience for like ten years. The guy who plays the main character is quite good and I'm quite interested in the characters and what actually happened on the island. What'd you guys think of it?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

Might want to censor the language. :]

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By PurpleCandy

It was astonishing and nothing short of re-watchable. Though it was a Batman Begins rip-off

Island Scene = Lost + Training with League of Shadows

Chasing after Adam Hunt = Chasing after Falconie

Party Scene = Banquet Scene (before Ras al ghul crashes it)

"$2 million to anybody who can find the nutbar in a green hood!” = "Well a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues"

Oliver re-meeting Laurel after the party = Bruce re-meeting Rachel after the Dinner

ALTHOUGH, I don't mind this at all. I still thought it was good and has potential. I remember seeing Deathstroke's mask at the beginning of the episode, I wonder if the Arrow will do what Smallville couldn't and introduce Batman!!! Or at least Bruce Wayne.

sebastianhoward64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sebastianhoward64

@Xanni15: Love your picture dude, I just read that Gunslinger book about a week ago.

sebastianhoward64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sebastianhoward64

@Xanni15: Love your picture dude, just read that Gunslinger book about a week ago.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

well, i think Stephen Amell has the shadow to become Batman...

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theTimeStreamer

crap. like every live action dc tv show.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Seems like a cool series, but they're going to lose elements of what made Arrow, Arrow

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By abeyance

@PurpleCandy: CW wanted to use Batman for Smallville, but they couldn't (I forgot why). So they went with Green Arrow another millionaire vigilante with no powers. I am not seeing any good comments so I might not watch this. I stuck with Smallville because I watched it in the beginning and wanted to see how it ended. The Doomsday intro made me weep, that was supposed to be the first death and rebirth of Superman. They never fully showed Doomsday like they did with Darkseid or Brainiac's robotic form. Now that I think about it I will pass. Never cared much for Arrow and seeing a watered down version of him isn't going to help.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PurpleCandy

@abeyance said:

@PurpleCandy: CW wanted to use Batman for Smallville, but they couldn't (I forgot why). So they went with Green Arrow another millionaire vigilante with no powers. I am not seeing any good comments so I might not watch this. I stuck with Smallville because I watched it in the beginning and wanted to see how it ended. The Doomsday intro made me weep, that was supposed to be the first death and rebirth of Superman. They never fully showed Doomsday like they did with Darkseid or Brainiac's robotic form. Now that I think about it I will pass. Never cared much for Arrow and seeing a watered down version of him isn't going to help.

No the show is GOOD! I said its much like Batman Begins but I didn't hate it for that reason. Well it's nothing like the comics (as far as I'm concerned) but if your bored and want to spice up your wendsday you should try to catch it

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xanni15

@sebastianhoward64 said:

@Xanni15: Love your picture dude, just read that Gunslinger book about a week ago.

Thanks! How'd you like the book? Little slow? :D

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_

@sebastianhoward64: Hey, welcome to CV :) In the future, can you please censor your language? Thanks.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#13  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Hope one of the channels here in the UK buys the series so we can see it for ourselves :)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

It's pretty good, although not the most spectacular thing I've seen.

Although the Deathstroke mask in the beginning made me have a geekgasm.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PurpleCandy

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

It's pretty good, although not the most spectacular thing I've seen.

Although the Deathstroke mask in the beginning made me have a geekgasm.

This

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By tomlikesfries

I liked it. In the start of the episode, I was kinda sad it didn't follow Green Arrow: Year One. But later on, I could admit that if it did follow the book, it might not have been good at all, as Ollie wouldn't be given that list by his father, because in Year One, his dad is not at the boat with him. Oliver is shot by his friend, and thrown in the sea waters (in the comics).

Hah, I also jumped from the couch when I saw that Deathstroke mask. I totally bet he is gonna go for that 2 million dollar offer.

sebastianhoward64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to the people who want me to eh, cut down on the language, its just in most sites I go to I'm writing for the site and they don't really care about profanity but I'll censor it down here.

Glad to hear your guys opinions on it, except for that dude with the Dark Knight Returns profile picture, I hate it when people say, "That was crap," and don't give any logical reason.

sebastianhoward64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15: It was pretty cool at the start because of the paper it was printed on and it really sucked me into the whole western thing, I do feel it got kinda slow when he got the kid though I do like the whole idea of a kid from the seventies being sucked into a Western world. Also I felt that the book was leading towards a big confrontation with the Gunslinger and the Cloak dude, it ended with him getting his future told, I know they need to set up the other books but I figured that was kinda lame. I'm reading The Tailsman now as I'm trying to only read horror books because of Halloween, what do you think of that one, if you've read it of course.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

@PurpleCandy said:

It was astonishing and nothing short of re-watchable. Though it was a Batman Begins rip-off

Island Scene = Lost + Training with League of Shadows

Chasing after Adam Hunt = Chasing after Falconie

Party Scene = Banquet Scene (before Ras al ghul crashes it)

"$2 million to anybody who can find the nutbar in a green hood!” = "Well a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues"

Oliver re-meeting Laurel after the party = Bruce re-meeting Rachel after the Dinner

ALTHOUGH, I don't mind this at all. I still thought it was good and has potential. I remember seeing Deathstroke's mask at the beginning of the episode, I wonder if the Arrow will do what Smallville couldn't and introduce Batman!!! Or at least Bruce Wayne.

You reached like Plastic Man for some of these haha.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Yes. I loved it, it was great. Green Arrow was originally created to cash in on the success of Batman so that's why there are so many similarities between the two characters. Arrow takes a lot of influence from the 40's era Green Arrow, the modern version, and yes it owes a lot to Batman Begins as well.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Yes. I loved it, it was great. Green Arrow was originally created to cash in on the success of Batman so that's why there are so many similarities between the two characters. Arrow takes a lot of influence from the 40's era Green Arrow, the modern version, and yes it owes a lot to Batman Begins as well.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Xanni15

@sebastianhoward64 said:

@Xanni15: It was pretty cool at the start because of the paper it was printed on and it really sucked me into the whole western thing, I do feel it got kinda slow when he got the kid though I do like the whole idea of a kid from the seventies being sucked into a Western world. Also I felt that the book was leading towards a big confrontation with the Gunslinger and the Cloak dude, it ended with him getting his future told, I know they need to set up the other books but I figured that was kinda lame. I'm reading The Tailsman now as I'm trying to only read horror books because of Halloween, what do you think of that one, if you've read it of course.

I know what you mean, but I will say that the other books are just full of action (like Roland in Tull. Wow). And King has said that it's more about the journey than the end so there's that.

Haven't had a chance to read The Talisman yet but a bunch of people have recommended it to me and said it's awesome. Let me know how it is after you finish. :]

Chael_P_Sonnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chael_P_Sonnen

I havent seen it yet

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#24  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Saw the pilot. Enjoyed the first episode. looking forward to seeing Deadshot and Deathstroke

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xybernauts

I think the show might be designed to capitalize on the recent success of Hawkeye in the Avengers movie. Also making a real world series might be cheaper then making a superseries that is more effects driven. Basically this is another cliche CW series with irritating teen oriented drama, but great action sequences and choreography, but Smallville had a great start also. Let's see if they can keep it up. One other thing that annoys me is sets look exactly like the ones the ones they used in Smallville, which is alittle cheap. The repetitive use of sets is one of the things that made the last few seasons of Smallville so annoying.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By John Valentine

I liked the first episode. So much better than Smallville.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By FlashKnight

Just watched the first episode, and I have to say, this show is nothimg sort of incredible. Especially if you are a Batman fan.