Anyone else notice this in The Avengers movie?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jack Donaghy

I've always wondered about this ever since seeing the movie, no one seems to think it's weird that 3 people without powers are fighting alongside people who do have powers I expected Loki to at least mock one of the 3 about just being humans but he never did even when fighting against Captain America. Usually in Justice League related things (comics, cartoons) they have people shocked that Batman doesn't have powers and underestimate him I expect it to be the case when and if there's a JLA movie. But none of the super powered characters in The Avengers seemed to think it's odd for normal humans to be fighting with and against super powered beings.

Anyone else notice this?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jack_donaghy: I get the feeling that Loki thinks of all of them as beneath him. Hulk's the only one he seems to take exception to.

But even Ironman is only "super-powered" by human standards; to Loki he'd just be another mortal in a suit of armor.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: That's a good point Loki was arrogant to think of everyone else as beneath him except like you said Hulk and he probably only doesn't think of him like tha because he rag dolled him.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Like OldNightcrawler said, Loki doesn't define them by 'superpowered' or 'not superpowered'. He defines them as 'Asgardian' or 'mortal'. The former is a threat, but also his brother, which gives him some leeway. The latter is a joke, a bunch of cavemen throwing rocks at their betters. The Avengers are just a bunch of mortals, unworthy of notice beyond being an easily destroyed example to the rest of the Earth of what will happen should they defy him.

Hence why when he's losing, and Hulk charges him, Loki screams, "YOU ARE ALL OF YOU BENEATH ME. I AM A GOD..." etc.

Nevermind the fact that he's technically a Frost Giant. And a small one at that.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@jack_donaghy: well, he obviously didn't regard the Hulk as being mortal like the others. Even before that whuppin'.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@oldnightcrawler said:

@jack_donaghy: well, he obviously didn't regard the Hulk as being mortal like the others. Even before that whuppin'.

You forced me to post it... :P

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Man, I need to put that as my avatar, or something!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers