Anyone else kind of mad that Harley Quinn 0 got pushed back?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By BR_Havoc

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on that issue and when I called my buddy at the comic shop he informed me that DC gave him a late heads up via email that it was pushed back to the 20th. This kind of makes me mad I have been looking forward to reading this for months and when the date they set for its release it gets pushed back for what seems like no reason other then to pad the weaker third week of the month.

On the bright side here are some previews. Looks like it will be a hell of a lot of fun this title.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By akbogert

I would really appreciate it if this direction were actually used as an excuse to completely ignore Harley's n52 characterization and bring back the one most of us love. I mean, if they can go from page to page and attribute bad things to the creative team, then certainly that's a good enough explanation for diverging from other books.

(and yeah, a bit of a bummer it got pushed back, but having a more evenly distributed publication cycle is a good reason in my opinion)

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BR_Havoc

@akbogert: When I hear Powergirlish attached to this book its only a good thing. I believe this will be a book with fun in mind when it comes to Harley it will show her craziness but in a more zany way. Not in a dark homicidal way like Kindt decided we all wanted -_-

I hope they make fun of how dark she has gotten for no reason other then to be considered edgy.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so. But one of the things that kept the book from going on my pull list was seeing the January cover, which has puppies and kittens with blood on them. *shrug*

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yeah I saw that as well. I do not think she will kill any puppies or kitties I think that would not be in a teen rated book. In all honesty I think she will go to an animal shelter and seeing how unwanted cats and dogs get euthanized she might well kill the person that does that.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In any case I'm optimistic about the tone set forth in these preview pages but will not be remotely surprised if the book still fails to sell me on a post-Flashpoint version of Harley.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

I was slightly upset but at least it's not that big a delay.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BR_Havoc

@akbogert: I understand were your coming from. I love Harley and these post flashpoint years have been bad the character has been changed but it seems like it comes from lazy writers just wanted to have a dark tone. The only bright spot for Harley was Ales Kot when he got to write her see felt like the old Harley it felt like that writer had a lot of respect and love for the character. Jimmy and Amanda I think have that love for Harley so I hope for the best.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By lifeboy

I'm not at all upset. Actually, I'm upset with the writer and artist. Amanda should be drawing this. Also, I hate when writers do multiple titles across different companies.

Since you brought up mr kindt, yeah is harley villian month stunk beyond all salvation. He also wrote JLA 8. Did you read it? I came to the conclusion that I did not like it after I read it. But now I kinda want to re-read it because I have a fe eling that there is something there under the surface. You have any thoughts on this?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: That is the way of the industry now all the writers are freelance and try to get work with anyone that will hire them. So you will see less and less exclusive contracts and DC only has a few exclusives I think there Snyder and Lemire.

No I did not I gave up on JLA after Trinity War I did not really enjoy the first 7 issues so I felt it was time to drop it with its 4 dollar price tag its just not a book you can wait to see if it gets better. I do not know what that ending is but if you want to tell me feel free to PM it do me.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1