Anyone else having a hard time finishing Daredevil?

• 60 results
legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@legacy6364: everytime I see this clip I cringe. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?!?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: He's the goddamn Captain America.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@mysticmedivh: lol I guess thats really the only explanation needed.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SamRF_

I have it with almost every show, i really enjoy watching it but sometimes it's just hard to start an episode.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@noj: Watched it all the first 3 days. But I like to finish things. I wasn't too impressed with last 2 episodes if i'm honest but do agree Kingpin didn't feel like Kingpin like at all :)

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good stuff that I liked:

1) Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Matt Murdock. He nailed it.

2) Foggy Nelson and Night Nurse.

3) Madam Gao, Nobu and the Russian brothers. In fact, I'd rather they just had Matt taking on organized crime as the central theme of the show. I liked all of the above more than I liked Wilson Fisk.

4) The action scenes.

5) That they actually worked in Matt's religiousness to a degree, even if not having gone the full nine yards.

Bad stuff that I didn't like:

1) Kingpin. Vincent D'Onofrio is a fine actor, but I didn't much like the show's take on the Kingpin. I would've much preferred if they went the full-on cruel crime lord route rather than the weird quasi-savior route they went.

2) Karen Page. She started out as likeable, and then just got steadily more annoying as the show went on. Also...

SPOILER ALERT

...when she shot Wesley in what is possibly one of the stupidest and most contrived scenes I've ever seen in a TV show. Which then leads us to...

3) ...the fact that the first eight episodes were great, the last five, not so much. You could tell they were trying to wrap this thing up as quickly and neatly as possible.

4) The entire story arc with Ben Urich. I fast-forwarded through pretty much all of his scenes.

5) The show's annoying tendency to drag out dialogue to the point of irritation.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#59  Edited By Extremis

I take issue with the last episode. The story was more or less stuck and they pushed it forward with that whole contrived bit about that other cop/detective or whatever being held up. That character meant nothing until they assigned all this meaning to him in the last episode. Just felt like deus ex machina to me.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda, the pacing seems odd at times, I am still on episode 6 but I'm not into binge watching shows.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

I take issue with the last episode. The story was more or less stuck and they pushed it forward with that whole contrived bit about that other cop/detective or whatever being held up. That character meant nothing until they assigned all this meaning to him in the last episode. Just felt like deus ex machina to me.

Really? I kind of saw that coming since Kingpin ordered him to kill his partner.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@tyger said:

@extremis said:

Really? I kind of saw that coming since Kingpin ordered him to kill his partner.

whoops i went back and added spoiler lines. Then I realized theres essentially no point lol This thread is riddled with spoilers