• 58 results
#1 Edited by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is essentially what happened when Gavin Hood was given a ridiculously low budget to work with. So he got the perfect actors Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Liev Schrieber and then got the best CGI his budget could afford. But when the studio interfered forcing him to add unnecessary characters and messed with the story. Gavin and the writers basically just said to hell with story, let's just have a great time. Then just made the best cliched action/revenge movie they could afford, it's no masterpiece, no deep story or character points it's just adrenaline. As I've heard it described "testosterone candy" I loved the motorcycle chase/helicopter thrashing scene. So it's not as good as the first two X-Men, First Class or the new Wolverine. But I like Origins and accept it for what it is: a literal popcorn movie in that it tastes good while watching but leaves no lasting impact. Honestly a week after I saw it, the only thing I remembered about it was that I had a great time watching. On a side note, I understand the depiction of Deadpool upset some people but in my opinion Deadpool = shit character in the first place so I didn't care.

What's your opinion of it?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it quite a bit.

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, I kinda liked it.

#4 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13776 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was good.

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21753 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it as well, but am kinda pissed you called Deadpool a sh!t character!

#6 Edited by negamegas (311 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bad but it's a guilty pleasure for me.

#7 Posted by darkbeam (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't horrible it was just ok.

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16826 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

It was completely trash.

#9 Posted by dondave (36590 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Well I will say he can be a good character at times, but 90% of the time he is just a joke...a half assed gimmick. That's why I don't particularly care for him. He CAN be an interesting character he just isn't written that way IMO. Sorry for pissing you off ;)

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21753 posts) - - Show Bio

@darehulk: If you dont like him, there is other versions of him with different writers that write him differently. lol, worded that kinda wierd.

#12 Posted by Gordyman (603 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, it's one of the more underrated movies. I'll never understand why people hate it so much. Yea they got a couple characters wrong, but I'd rather appreciate a movie for what it is.

#13 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked maybe the first half, but the second half totally ruined it.

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like it.

#15 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. I thought it was a great movie.

#16 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

It was s*** movie that proved why wolverine should never have his own movies.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

How? Almost every comic character ends up getting a bad movie. Saying that a certain character doesn't deserve a movie because he's had a bad one is asinine really.

#18 Posted by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

The premise was good, based off an awesome comic, but the movie (or the one I seen at least) seemed like it wasn't finished. There were scenes that weren't fully edited and the background by DP was entirely CG so you can imagine how it looked. I thought I was watching it getting made, but no, it was the finished film.

#19 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to say, but that movie was garbage and messed up a lot (as far as comic source) in ways that didn't benefit the story at all. Just thought it was sloppy and at times pretty dumb. The Wolverine was in my mind much better and closer to what a Wolverine Movie should be.

#20 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it better than most movies

#21 Edited by deadshot1 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite scene is zero jumping into the helicopter. That Is hilariously bad.

#22 Edited by Anbu_B_Team (458 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie was to bubblegum, but I liked it for what it was. I thought that the Gambit and Deadpool treatments were pretty lame.

#23 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have been a good film had barakapool not been in there. I'm not a Deadpool fan but they sure did blew it and missed the chance to milk a potential cow.

#24 Edited by ownagepants (4488 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the movie.

#25 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

How? Almost every comic character ends up getting a bad movie. Saying that a certain character doesn't deserve a movie because he's had a bad one is asinine really.

For one every movie director never understood why wolverine in first place, second hugh jackman wolverine is boring without other x-men characters , third creative liberties within those movies are just stupid, even by comic books standards.

#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

For one every movie director never understood why wolverine in first place,

The directors of Origins definitely did not.

second hugh jackman wolverine is boring without other x-men characters ,

He is boring when he is just a story device for action scenes. I think when you take Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and focus more on character development like they did during the Wolverine, he indeed does become interesting IMO.

third creative liberties within those movies are just stupid, even by comic books standards.

The ones in Origins definitely were. Way over the top.

#27 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it more than most superhero movies(The Batman&Spiderman movies are probably the only ones i like more)

#28 Edited by Mxyzptlk_CV (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is far below average...I blame the Screenwriter and the Director...The decisions they took with the movie's plot were wrong...now that I think about it, the recent Wolverine film wasn't a real improvement either...

#29 Posted by BlackWind (6123 posts) - - Show Bio

It has good points. But far more bad points.

#30 Posted by HumanRocket (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

The only only only only only only bright spot that I can say about origins is the performance the guy who played Sabertooth/Victor. Everything else is still terrible.

#31 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Wolverine never deserved a movie to begin with, it's really not worth arguing if Origins made it so.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Wolverine never deserved a movie to begin with,

Well, that's just your opinion.

#33 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hated the film. Also not a fan of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. People say the Wolverine is much better but between Jackman and the feeling I was left with from Origin I'm reluctant to give it a shot.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman:

You should check it out. Much better than Origins IMO, and I'm pretty sure the DVD comes out this, or next month.

#35 Posted by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins Has some good moments but tHe story is just too damn annoying for me. Origins is a movie tHat I only watcH specific moments tHen skip to tHe next moment I enjoyed.

*SPOILERS*

THe movie actually started off good but it just kept getting less and less awesome.

Once Gambit came out, tHe story went in tHe garbage can. Not because of Gambit but I was too confused after tHis part. Gambit wanted to figHt Logan and rigHt at tHe end, He suddenly wanted to Help Him... tHen

Baraka Pool? Really? Baraka Pool? Baraka Pool ruined tHe entire movie. I still remember watcHing it for tHe first time getting excited wHen Stryker said "A pool of dead genes, a Deadpool." I was like OH eM Gee D-Piddy's Debut!

And... ... ... He looks Hideous, but... I mean... Wade Wilson does look Hideous so it's ok... tHey're probably going to give Him a costume in a bi....

Did?... Did tHey just cover His moutH witH skin? Origins just Covered THe Merc witH tHe MoutH's moutH... WHat!

THis can't get any worrrss... Are tHose His Swords coming out of His... tHat's it... screw tHis movie... *boom* Optic Blast? Insult to injustice now. Really? **** ThIS MOVIE!

and rigHt on top tHe ending. I kept tHinking, "OH no now everyone wHo isn't a comic fan is going to tHink tHis bull$#!% is Logan's origin." *sigH*

I... I... I Hated tHe movie so mucH, I kept Hoping Fox was going to make a Deadpool movie and we were going to find out tHat Baraka Pool was Deadpool's clone and... it would all make sense tHere... and... and... tHe after credits scene Had a scene wHere tHe real Deadpool finds His clones Head and says "Wut?"

and... and.... *sigh*

-ABstract4$$#073-

#36 Posted by JwwProd (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

It was an ok movie.

#37 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked a few things like some of the mutants but the over all story was craptastic.

#38 Posted by KnightOfZero (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

It had its flaws, but the action was good and I found it to be very entertaining, which is a very important thing for a movie to do.

It was infinaty better than "the wolverine", whose action was sub par and np had next to no mutants in it

#39 Posted by russellmania77 (15024 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the story and the actor who played victor creed but it effed things up tho

#40 Edited by War Killer (20145 posts) - - Show Bio

The only only only only only only bright spot that I can say about origins is the performance the guy who played Sabertooth/Victor. Everything else is still terrible.

This.

They took one of the most defining moments in Wolverine's life (his experimentation at the hands of Weapon X) and turned it into a boring love story that just crapped on everything that made Wolverine and interesting character. It's a horrible movie, period.

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

This.

They took one of the most defining moments in Wolverine's life (his experimentation at the hands of Weapon X) and turned it into a boring love story that just crapped on everything that made Wolverine and interesting character. It's a horrible movie, period.

Yup.

#42 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like it

#43 Edited by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the war Montage at the beginning of the movie,outside of that it was a total poop fest

#44 Posted by BlackLegRaph (671 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it was that bad, I kinda liked it. Then again, I don't judge movies harshly.

#46 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (973 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. I thought it was a great movie.

Yea, never really saw the flaws in the movie. Then again when I saw the movie in theaters I was 10(now 15).I was not into comics at the moment so I did not have a care in the world about Deadpool's character.Hell,I enjoyed the Wolverine as well. I am never too critical about comic book movies because in the end I know it is not canon and I can read the comics for the full in-depth character.

#47 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio

Only good part was will.i.am.

#48 Posted by Jake Fury (18407 posts) - - Show Bio

Some good, some bad, like most comic movies these days.

#49 Posted by tupiaz (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed and agree with almost every bit of the OP (except the part hating/disliking Deadpool I neither like nor hate him since I have read to little with the character to have an opinion).

#50 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I am seen far worse things. It was an above average movie. Far better then that buttman movie.