#1 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

shows like x-men,g.i joe,and thundercats had the best looking animation why they stop using it and go with stupid cg

#2 Posted by lawrencefair (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't think they looked better but I still like a lot of those shows. They stopped because it cost more, it took longer and it was more limited on what they could show. A lot of it was done over-seas and would come back with mistakes and color problems and some of that was left in.

#3 Posted by Manhunter2070 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Because CG is can be as good as hand drawn, Green Lantern looks amazing for instance, so I wouldn't call it stupid. Also, from the studios point of view, I suspect its cheaper or at least more efficient than hand drawing since it can be done on a computer. 

Not to mention the cartoons you listed, while classic, undeniably look very dated.

#4 Posted by Aronmorales (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd do more hand-drawn animation, not because I hate CG, which I don't, but my desire for something nostalgic is strong.

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aronmorales said:

I wish they'd do more hand-drawn animation, not because I hate CG, which I don't, but my desire for something nostalgic is strong.

This basically.

#6 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manhunter2070 said:

Because CG is can be as good as hand drawn, Green Lantern looks amazing for instance, so I wouldn't call it stupid. Also, from the studios point of view, I suspect its cheaper or at least more efficient than hand drawing since it can be done on a computer. Not to mention the cartoons you listed, while classic, undeniably look very dated.

i dont know i think cg cost more and dated maybe a little bit but that's what love about them

#7 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll tell you why CG gets boring. Because it's the same model, just moving on the screen. There isn't a lot of hand drawn effort going into it. It's also cheaper. There have been a huge spike in CG in the past 10 years. The cheapness is the reason.

There have been some good CG animations. But you'll have to go to Japan for this.

Look at MS IGLOO.