#1 Posted by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been looking to add a book to my pull list that isn't published by DC or Marvel. I'm thinking either something from Image or Valiant. Shadowman looks the most appealing to me so far, but I know nothing of the character and the universe he's in. Since it's only at issue #2, is it a safe bet to get the back issues and try it out or do I need more backstory?

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5601 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible from Image.

Bloodshot from Valiant.

#3 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Read

Saga

Now

#4 Posted by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: I read the first issue and liked it. It's really different and I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements. But...it's at issue #8 and I don't want to do that much catching up. Is there a trade out for it yet? That would make things easier.

#5 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Brazen_Intellect: I read the first issue and liked it. It's really different and I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements. But...it's at issue #8 and I don't want to do that much catching up. Is there a trade out for it yet? That would make things easier.

There is a TPB collecting the first 6 issues for $9.99 on Amazon, but even if you had to pay sticker for the issues it would be worth it.

#6 Posted by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: Nice! I'll see if my LCS has the trade and then I'll get issues #7 and #8 while I'm there on Wednesday.

@SmashBrawler: Yeah Bloodshot looks really interesting. I get it confused with Shadowman a lot though. What issue is it at?

#7 Posted by SmashBrawler (5601 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: Issue 6. I heard it's actually a good jumping-on point, and I have to agree.

#8 Posted by JakeN7 (11533 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Awesome! I'll give it a go.

So it looks like Saga from Image and Bloodshot from Valiant.

Thanks guys!

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5601 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: No probs.

#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8792 posts) - - Show Bio

Buy all the Hellboy issues NOW!

#11 Edited by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

From Image, I'd highly suggest:

• The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
  • Invincible: Compendium One
  • Gladstone's School for World Conquerors
  • The Walking Dead Comendium One, and The Walking Dead Compendium Two
  • Who is Jake Ellis?