Any good Darkseid stories?

TheDudeMcDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheDudeMcDude

I really, REALLY want to get into DC, when it comes to most of their heroes I'm mostly familiar with Batman and Green Lantern. I want to shift my view away from the heroes for a while and focus on the villains of DC and the first villain that came to my mind (except for The Joker, but I already got A LOT of comics about him) was Darkseid. So any good Darkseid comics I could get my hands on?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am too lazy to post any, but i will post about people who posted on some good Darseid stories. :)

DARKSEID!!

IS GOD!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User above posted great links but I want to say the "the Supergirl from krypton" is a good Darkseid story too.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

@thedudemcdude: dude, look for last year's Forever Evil one shots where only villain books came out. The Darkseid one is especially GOOD!!

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@thedudemcdude:

Walter Simonson's Orion has a great Darkseid story. My second Favorite is "Final Crisis" but bewarned, if you shoose FC be prepared to red it multiple times and do some research. It's avery complicated story. You even have to read the Secret Files.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He had a one-shot from villain month, and he is also featured in the first few books of the new 52 justice league.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Final Crisis is my favorite. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone just starting out, unless you want to be constantly searching through the wiki for knowledge on characters and concepts.

You could get JLA: The Deluxe Edition vol. 2, which contains the great Rock of Ages story of Darkseid's. A lot of people also recommend Legion of Super-Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga. You could also go back to the source and read Jack Kirby's New Gods for some early Darkseid.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Kirby's Fourth World Saga and Simonson's Orion.

BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The best one for me is Final Crisis but for a new reader like you it wouldn't be good.You wouldn't understand most of it since you are not that well educated with the characters and the concepts that appear.

Another story that I know is good but I haven't read it myself is Kirby's Fourth World Saga.I still have to read it for myself as well.