Any Fans of the What If Series?

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blazinasian112

Any fellow viners enjoy the What If series? While not all the stories were good, I found a large amount to be entertaining. Some of the good ones from the series include:

-What if the Alien Costume had Possessed Spider-Man (Issue 4)

--What If Wolverine Had Become the Lord of Vampires (Issue 24)

-What If Wolverine and his X-Vampires Conquered the World? (Issue 37)

-What If the Hulk Killed Wolverine? (iSSUE 50)

-What if Stryfe Killed the X-Men? (iSSUE 69)

I really enjoyed the alternative situations it covered, and each comic was entirely a self contained story in one issue. I hope Marvel decides to release some new ones based on the recent story arcs over the past two years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This was my favorite comic growing up in the late 80s and early 90s. Loved these issues in particular:

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blazinasian112

@Jake Fury: Nice ones...I read all the ones you listed except the What If Captain America and What if Punisher/Daredevil....will have to check them out.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I liked the What if Scarlet Witch said no more powers

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Absolutely positively LOVE that series! Just like Elseworlds is for DC if one wanted a comparison. The ones in my collection and have been read are #13 (What if Xavier had become Juggernaut?), #31 (What if Spider-Man had kept his cosmic powers?), #41 (What if the Avengers had fought Galactus?), #51 (What if the Punisher had become Captain America?), #63 (What if War Machine had not destroyed the Living Laser?), #65 (What if Archangel fell from grace?), #66 (What if Rogue possessed the power of Thor?), #67 (What if Captain America were revived today? Part 1). The other What if I have is from 2007 called What If? Planet Hulk, which gives alternatives to the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk event. Excellent reading I tell you.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

What if Thor vs Conan? I like the old school What If comics.They should bring it back to marvel for good!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@evilvegeta74: that would be a great for Marvel Now

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@joeagentofhand1: I'd put the best artist and writers on that series, What If comics are supposed to be like watching the Twilight Zone, leaving a lingering effect on the fans.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blazinasian112

@evilvegeta74: @joeagentofhand1: @RedheadedAtrocitus: Thanks for the input....I would love to see Marvel restart the series given all the new recent storylines as well! I wonder if it was poor sales numbers that led to cancellation.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

@blazinasian112:

I'm more inclined to believe it was just plain bad decision making!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

Good ole Days, make mine Marvel!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@blazinasian112: Eh, its real hard to continue a comic volume where there is no central framing device for it and thus the story itself becomes the focus with each issue virtually a stand-alone. That and stories like these hold interests of only certain readers I say; since the stories themselves are generally not canon to what is really going on in the mainstream Marvel U (Earth-616), then interest kinda wanes.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I loved the series. It was really fun to see what else would happen, answers to hypothetical questions, and more without any continuity issues. It was kind of like DC's All Star series (something to explore the universe more without continuity errors). I also loved the concept of Uatu the Watcher thinking in his mind as he watches various Marvel events.

Not to mention the awesome fights.