Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coincidentally they are showing the newer episodes in TBS these weekend.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great show. One of the few my wife and I agree on. =)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I've been watching since it's premier and haven't missed an episode. I think it got much better with the additions of Bernadette and Amy.

I don't know about a favorite episode but the scene where Penny gives Sheldon the napkin for Christmas is unforgettable. He buys her several different gift baskets ranging in price and plans to give her the one that matches the price of her gift to him. Hilarity ensues.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like it. Love the Comicbook references. The shows good.

I hate that Ras has gay ways too. Its gross lol. But that's the only negative.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Made a forum about how I think its overrated a couple of days ago, ill just paste it here

Im not going to be one of those people who says it IS overrated, because all TV is subjective. That being said, it think its the most unfunny, overrated, blandest, piece of sh*t I have ever watched. I have tried to get into it seriously over 10 times, and I didn't laugh once watching any of those episodes. But it seams that all my friends adore the show, they say its hilarious, and they give me the "you just don't get the science jokes" bulls*it, even though i'm the only one of my group of friends that reads comics regularly, and the only one that gets those jokes, and I find the nerd jokes terrible and unfunny. The laugh track makes it incredibly worse, it seems that every time they say something they have the pre recorded background crack up. And its not filmed in front of a live audience, live audiences don't laugh at every single nerd "joke" a stereotyped nerd says. I wish more people watched Community, that is a true geek show. The jokes are hilarious, everything they say is true, its actually relatable, it has lovable characters, and no laugh track. That is a true sign of a funny show. It doesn't need fake laughs to be funny, it is funny on its own. Anyone else think this way?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Not a fan. The writers hardly seem to know what they're talking about sometimes.

The X-men are NOT named after Xavier, for god's sake.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: if it's not for you it's not for you ;)

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I used to watch it, preferred Two and a Half Men (when Charlie was on obviously), but I grew a strong hatred towards sitcoms. I dont like the set up, the vibe, the punch lines and the laugh track, NOBODY TELLS ME WHEN TO LAUGH!!!

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: laugh track. I saw a special on it a while back.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Loved it from the very beginning. And I've only loved it more with each season. The first few seasons were good but kind of stale, in my opinion. The additions of Amy and Bernadette really helped to liven up the show. And I feel like they have a better handle on their characters now.

I actually like the Raj being gay jokes. He had so little personality prior to the introduction of that recurring gag. The only thing we really saw from him prior to that was the running gag of him not being able to talk to women. And that, alone, got old quickly.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

puppetmaster75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's good for a few laughs. It is cool that they talk about comics in the show even if they aren't very accurate with the arguments. Does anybody else wanna check out the comic shop?! I wish there was a shop that awesome closer to where I lived!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krompo said:

@gor724: laugh track. I saw a special on it a while back.

So the audience laughs at extremely unfunny lines every 3 seconds? Whether you think its funny or not, not every single solitary line a character says is funny.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Its about average for a sitcom, I always get at least one good laugh when I watch. I really don't understand the level of hate the show gets though, its as if the people who hate it don't get that they don't have to watch it if they don't like it.

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They tend to over use the laugh track

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryprune: to be fair ALL sitcoms do this. It annoys me as well but not too bad that I can't enjoy a show.

krompo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By krompo

@gor724: @angryprune: @blackdog2009:

http://tvtickets.com/fmi/xsl/shows/browserecord.xsl?&Show=big+bang

Not a big fan but people saying it has a laugh track does irk me.

A looked for the behind the scenes episode I saw before and found what I think was it but I couldn't bothered to watch it all for one bit and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lightsout said:

@blackdog2009: I would say they're not very good with keeping personalities consistent though (and I don't mean character growth) - specifically Sheldon. They have him be confused about certain things for laughs, when logically his "computer brain" should understand it.

I think Sheldon is meant to be somewhat autistic though the writers won't admit it.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By QueenCorp15

I like the show but penny is just a useless nonfunny b$tch who just makes fun of all them an has gotten worse each season. Also every1 acts likes shez soooooo hot but i think bernadette is better looking. Lastly the amy character is terribly boring an unfunny. Also she may be the ugliest person ive ever seen

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

I think Sheldon is meant to be somewhat autistic though the writers won't admit it.

Oh, he definitely has Aspergers. I wasn't meaning not understanding social interactions. Unfortunately I don't have an example off the top of my head (I'd have to just watch a handful of eps & write it down), but it's more of chains of logic (like, going from A to B to C. That later in the series there's more of "oh, I hadn't thought of that" type moments for him, when early on his robotic mind would have thought of everything, that type of thing.....if that makes any sense, lol).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The wife and I really enjoy it. It's a tv show and I'm not a critic so it doesn't upset me in anyway. Imagine that!!!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers