Any Big Bang Theory fans here?

• 76 results
Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I discovered this sitcom back in 2012. I enjoy it. The core group being comic book fans appealed to me. I enjoyed the episode with Stan Lee. I hated the episode where Raj put down dressing up as Aquaman, that showed ignorance from the writers. I hate the gay mannerisms that Raj developed in later episodes too. Overall it's a very good show. Good acting, funny, creative, different. So what things do you guys enjoy of it? What turns you off about it? Who's your favorite character or episode?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By russellmania77

Not me

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it but always hated that raj couldn't speak to girls

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

it is OK. Characters are all DC fans though..

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Nah, they Acknowledge marvel no doubt but DC still gets more plugs overall.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: I think it's because of the WB influence. The DC bias will be stronger. But they do talk Marvel and the man himself (Stan Lee) guest starred.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, there are

:D

Yea, they are pretty ignorant when it comes to comics. They apparently fact-check the science, but don't care to for comics/sci-fi. I mean..the one where they argue over "kryptonian sweat" perma-staining Superman's costume...*facepalm* (lacking both science & comic knowledge). I don't have a problem with Raj's behavior, I think it's funny. But they do need to just man-up & just make him gay. There's been so many signs he & Stuart would be an item. I feel the show is more character/cast driven - that they're funny personalities more than the writing being stellar (that, & the nerdy novelty of it all. Normally I'm not huge on multi-camera comedies).

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By russellmania77

@blackdog2009: u seriously asking me that? Sigh... ok. "Any big bang theory fans here" -not me, understand now??

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

Love it

@kgb725 said:

I like it but always hated that raj couldn't speak to girls

He can talk to girls now

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaccine

I like the show. Yes, it has gotten a little stale as the seasons went by but most TV series experiences slumps (here and there) as the number of seasons increases.

Enjoy: PENNY.

Turn-offs: I've never liked the Leonard character. I find him....annoying. Yes, even more so than Sheldon. Go figure.

Fav. Character: None. I'm okay with most of them.

Fav. Episode: There are quite a lot of good ones (for me). The most recent episode that I can think of (remember) is where Howard discovers his dad's letter and the rest of the gang had to give their own interpretation of the content of the letter in order to allow Howard to continue with his own imagination of what his dad was like. Each of the gang's interpretation was fake except for one and no one was to tell Howard which was the truth. It was up to him to decide on which story he preferred/liked best. It was a cool episode. :)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blackdog2009
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Yes I know it just took so long is what I mean

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the first few seasons, I've watched episodes here & there. I haven't produced a single laugh with the current ones, they spam the laugh track way too often & if there was no laugh track, this show would utterly suck.

Though, this show is one of the only things I like on television (with the exception of animations).

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheFirstLantern

I like the show but sometimes i feel very annoyed by the writing. Cant put my finger on it yet.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By turoksonofstone

@kgb725: Wearing the logo bearing merchandise seems to always be a DC win on this Show.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lightsout

@vaccine: That was a good ep, the emotion was very earnest

(weird, it didn't post right)

@zijuun for what it's worth, it's in front of a live audience (and to "defend" the people laughing at the things, I'd imagine laughing comes easier in a situation like that - live & with others).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

i like it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I haven't tried it yet, I just finished SOA on Netflix, idk if BBT is in Netflix or not.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern: It happens. I feel they lost track of Raj. The Sheldon being asexual is also annoying. They're very good with continuity though. I haven't seen much of the most recent episodes. Did Sheldon's sister ever appear again. That was a good one.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: I would say they're not very good with keeping personalities consistent though (and I don't mean character growth) - specifically Sheldon. They have him be confused about certain things for laughs, when logically his "computer brain" should understand it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Nope

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It's okay.

The only thing I don't like is the dumb discussions that they have sometimes (eg,lightsout mentioned Kryptanite sweat,and I think I remember that episode). But I need to keep context in mind and realize that they are just doing it for comedy,not actual points.

And there seems to be a slight DC bias.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: True but whenever something from Marvel is present it at least involves the narrative or Stan Lee

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blackdog2009

1. The episode with 'Hulk hands!' was funny!!

2. Sheldon is Flash and runs to the Grand Canyon.

3. The Superman catches Lois in mid air, would kill her argument, was pretty awesome.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I swear I wasn't being a nit-picker on that point, haha. I legitimately think if they care about being accurate scientifically (since these men work in the field), then if they wish to portray them as very well-versed fans of "nerd stuff", they should get those facts correct as well.

re: DC - they film on a WB studio, so there's probably a "deal" (/"requirement" lol)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83: I swear I wasn't being a nit-picker on that point, haha. I legitimately think if they care about being accurate scientifically (since these men work in the field), then if they wish to portray them as very well-versed fans of "nerd stuff", they should get those facts correct as well.

re: DC - they film on a WB studio, so there's probably a "deal" (/"requirement" lol)

Agreed.

But it doesn't bother me really with the DC thing because they also make mention of Marvel as well (and they don't smear it).

I mean,it's not exactly an equal representation,but whatev's lol

However,I laughed my ass off when the girls argued over Rulk lifting Thor's hammer (I think I even know the issue).

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lightsout

@cameron83: Very true, even having Stan Lee on. (Although I must say that given I lean-DC so I like it :p. When Sheldon "ran away" to the comic shop & was reading Teen Titans (#93 I think), I thought "ooo! I'm reading Teen Titans right now!" lol)

haha, I loved that part!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was until S3. Show's been going downhill since then, but it seems to have picked back up a little in the last season.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Its alright.

I hated the episode where Raj put down dressing up as Aquaman, that showed ignorance from the writers. I hate the gay mannerisms that Raj developed in later episodes too.

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. It felt very forced and unfunny.

The DC bias comes from it being a WB property. But I'm cool that at least the next generation will know who the Justice League are.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've seen more hate for the show then love for the show on comic sites including Comic Vine. While it's not as good as it once was I still enjoy it.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

love it at first. then it got more money then its worth. then it died to me.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it at first.. now I only watch if I don't have anything else to do..

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched a few episodes. Doesn't do much to positively portray comic book readers. That being said it's a comedy so I suppose it wouldn't do much to positively portray any demographic.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake: I think a spinoff show on Stewart in his comicbook store is a wasted opportunity.

Krazy_Carmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also discovered the show in 2012 and became instantly obsessed

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't watch shows with laugh tracks unfortunately. They grate. As much hate as this show gets for stereotypes, I did read a very positive article comparing the 'Penny' character in the early season 1 to the less stereotypical version that debuted after the writer's strike. It made sense to me.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the show since the very start. Its one of the few shows me and the wife actually agree on watching. That and Fringe. =)

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an O.K. show.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, even though it perpetrates a wrong stereotype about comic book fans/science enthusiasts: socially awkward, only talk with big words, uncapable of holding their liquor, unskilled in bed... I mean, they could have spread them over the characters, but they are all like that.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Here I Iz Boi!! But yeah I love me some Shamey!

Avatar image for rossnrachel4ever
Rossnrachel4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, but I don't like most of the characters. Sheldon can be pretty funny, but sometimes I want to strangle him. Same for Howard. I don't care for Leonard at all, but his mom cracks me up. Penny is cool, but I don't like the other girls, although , when they decide to see what comics are all about and end up getting into an argument about Thor and Red Hulk is one of my favorite moments from the show. Raj is my favorite character and I really just watch now to see what happens with him. The stereotyping doesn't bother me so much because it's so cartoonish I don't know how anyone could find it believable. That and all the guys are pretty successful, so it could be worse.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By HeckTate

Not a fan of the show overall. It follows the same basic formula of all Chuck Lorre Sitcoms: take two extremely stereotyped groups of people who you would expect to clash and make them interact with each other. Plus I hate that they try to pass off long or underused words as jokes to an audience that doesn't understand what those words mean. So for instance, they think it's hilarious to use "coitus" instead of "sex." My biggest hang up with this is that fans of the show think it's so great how they put these "nerds" forth as the main characters when normally they'd just be background losers. Yeah, it's great how they perpetuate stereotypes about how socially awkward intelligent people are, way to break the mold, guys.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I personally have really enjoyed the show since it's beginning and have seen every episode. I dig all the comic and sci-fi references and enjoy picking stuff out of the backgrounds. I totally think Penny is hot, and is the icing on the cake.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48  Edited By GraniteSoldier

We and my wife have enjoyed the show from season one. My favorite character is Sheldon, hers is Penny. There aren't any characters I dislike, although we both got tired of old Howard before he got married. He was the most annoying and least interesting.

The stereotypes I feel are slowly being broken down, but that's just me. I read comics and enjoy sci-fi and in my not-so-humble opinion am quite intelligent. If the stereotype bothers you, I think you take it too seriously.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stopped watching it after 4th season , it got stale after that , laugh tracks started getting abused to the point audience laugh is heard for every nerd or cultural reference .........& if you watch the show with all laugh removed on youtube it sure baffling how can any live audience which they claim to filmed in front of them can even find it funny & it becomes more of gripping drama about the day in the lives of four sociopath nerds having discussion on how to spend their evening lol . Also just too much stereotyping & never portraying comic book fans in a positive manner

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RustyRoy

Love it.