Antman at $292m after 3 weekends

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Spambot

Poll Antman at $292m after 3 weekends (48 votes)

better than expected 23%
bout right 46%
lower than expected 31%

reactions?

• 
Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the expectation at 600mil least? I'd say that's a slight disappointment, I liked the movie, it had some flaws but at least it knew where it was

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Did more than what I was hoping, and less than that I expected.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put at a minimum 650mil. so lower.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

My max was 400 Million.

And it's most likely gonna bust that, so yeah it met my expectations

Beata

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xrated48

I thought around 300 million which it is so this is no shock

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: I don't think even Marvel was expecting Antman to hit $600m. I think most were thinking more like $400-450m tops.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

The industry projections in a good scenario always aim for a similar performance to Thor 1 $450M... (Ant-Man still will be released in China, South Korea and Japan)...

This movie was well received by critics and very well received by general audiences that saw it, the marvel studios trust brand wasn't affected and this franchise can have hype for a sequel...

But there is a negative side for marvel studios in Ant-Man box office performance, probably K. Feige already knew but now he can be sure that not every franchise inside the Mcu will have the same success level, GotG was the exception and not the rule when we speak of very unknown properties, the Star Wars vibe and the first time exploration of the cosmic side of the Mcu help that movie a lot, so the appeal didn't have to be so focused on the characters, for who thought that Marvel Studios could Kill all the main Avengers (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) in the Infinity War and continue to have the same success level with any other properties should think again...

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's about right for a obscure character like Ant-Man.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: 600 was what I thought was the general expectation on the vine, most assumed having the marvel tag gets you past 500 with ease

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: ya, I just don't agree with that statement. I recall doing a thread on expectations for the movie like a month or so ago and most didn't think it would come close to $600m and many thought it would bomb completely. I think $400m was the more realistic expectation for it on the vine.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Seems about right.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No idea. I don't pay attention to how much a movie makes.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Already released in China, it most likely got overshadowed by the chinese film monster hunt. Just looked and that film made nearly 300 mil from China alone.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an AntMan movie.

This is great for such an obscure character for the mainstream.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a AntMan movie.

This is great for such an obscure character for the mainstream.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By jumpstart55

I believe Ant-man is going to make over 700 million world wide. Though I don't see it going over 800 million. Much like Guardians of the Galaxy the film is going to largely be carried by the marvel brand and due to its relative obscurity, i see audiences who are in the mood for something new taking their chance on this one, especially overseas audiences.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's about right for a obscure character like Ant-Man.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I believe Ant-man is going to make over 700 million world wide. Though I don't see it going over 800 million. Much like Guardians of the Galaxy the film is going to largely be carried by the marvel brand and due to its relative obscurity, i see audiences who are in the mood for something new taking their chance on this one, especially overseas audiences.

there is no chance it makes that much money. a movie makes most of its money in its first weekend.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Already released in China, it most likely got overshadowed by the chinese film monster hunt. Just looked and that film made nearly 300 mil from China alone.

You are wrong...

"Ant-Man hauled off with $20 million (-44%) in its third weekend of overseas release from 50 territories, opening this weekend in Lebanon and South Africa. The Disney/Marvel heist film has grossed $159.5 million overseas and $291.648 million worldwide. This weekend saw strong holds in Europe, highlighted by France (-29%), Spain (-36%) and Germany (-39%). Top grossing territories are the UK/Ireland ($19.9M), Mexico ($13.2M), Brazil ($10.9M), Russia ($10.5M), France ($9.7M), Taiwan ($9.4M), and Australia ($9.3M). Paul Rudd’s Ant-Manopens in Italy on August 12, South Korea on September 3 and Japan on September 19. It is awaiting a confirmed release date in China".Link

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jumpstart55 said:

there is no chance it makes that much money. a movie makes most of its money in its first weekend.

True but i got a special feeling about Antman, something about the film is just screaming sleeper hit.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Less than I expected, some say Paul Rudd is box office poison - this makes me scared they're right. :(

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deadgod

Maybe they should have just kept the original release date of November, except Spectre, there wasn't any competition in that month. Hopefully its gonna cross $400 million & pass Thor 1 box office.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: your probably right, I must have mixed my numbers up, even then, it's still below the expected, but it weren't a bad movie, it should get higher

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll make 699-650 million worldwide not bad for Ant-Man. I liked it enough to see it twice.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My max was 400 Million.

And it's most likely gonna bust that, so yeah it my expectations

Beata

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know what Marvel was projecting for Ant-Man to make? IMDB projected, before the summer started, that it would make about 160 million in the US and 435 million total.

It will be interesting to see if Ant-Man makes more than Fantastic Four which is much more well known comic entity.