Anti-Villains

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

The term anti-hero has been around for a long time heroes who do not follow the basic set up for what a hero is and almost is on the edge of villainy now with that in mind I thought of hey what about anti-villains villains who are not like your run of the mill villains who's actions and morals could almost make them good guys? Villains who say do not kill or work for the overall better good of humanity through dastardly deeds since it is the only way or villains with high moral codes and honor. Arguments are welcome here are some I picked out and I would enjoy to here your own opinions and characters you say meet these terms. 

No Caption Provided
Ra's Al Ghul though a trillionare immortal fiend his overall goal is to make the Earth a better safer place and to save the enviroment 

No Caption Provided
The Rogues though some could argue that they are just old school I think that with their rules and guidelines it sets them on a plateau high above over villains with their laws against killing innocents women and children only killing when necessary and no tolerance for narcotics. These reasons is why I like these guys so much 

No Caption Provided
Though an egomaniac dictator Black Adam really wants what is best for his people and has a high moral code and honor. He will let you live if you prove yourself or he will even try to resist hostility to the best of his reason. He even has worked on the side of good. But if you cross him WATCHOUT
ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ForbushBug

Yeah, I love how Johns has taken the Rogues from dated relics bordering on jokes to old school, blue collar crooks. I think the Secret Six fit what you describe as well. They're mercenaries who will work for just about anyone and do just about anything, but they remain a smidge more ethical than those they run up against.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LT1085
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

by this description about 70% of villains, are Anti-Villains, because the majority of them believe they are doing the right thing.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By sexy_merc

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Sexy Merc: Yay Death Note reference! :D
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By sexy_merc
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Sexy Merc: Yay Death Note reference! :D "
Falcon Yes!
chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chris thompson

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Rothschild

No Caption Provided
He doesnt kill kids....
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hdorman1
@Rothschild: he would if he had the chance 

id say the tskmaster 
he isnt malicious or wants to feck anyone up
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Rothschild: 
I'm sure the drugs he sells kill kids somewhere along the line :P
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@aztek the lost: @Caligula:
Guys like Magneto and Doom are men of honour, if they give there word on something you can count on it happening, I honestly don't see Luthor in this class.   On the other hand, Jugernaught (old school) and the Joker are in that 30% Caligula mention.  Then there are the likes of the Hellfire club who are just out for power.
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian
@Son_of_Magnus: Gotta agree with the rogues being anti-villains.
Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rothschild
@Gylan Thomas:  
LOL I know But if youve seen the movie you know what I mean...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@aztek the lost said:
" so wait, an anti-hero and anti-villain sound like exactly the same thing to me, what's the difference?  for example someone mentioned Lucifer, I don't think he's a hero or villain, he's his own alignment "
Not really none of the anti heroes would ever steal or rob a bank like an of the Anti Villains.  

@hdorman1 said:
" @Rothschild: he would if he had the chance    id say the tskmaster he isnt malicious or wants to feck anyone up "
He did have the chance and he shot the guy in the head who wanted him to kill the kids 
The Mango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Mango

No Caption Provided

Until he becomes just a straight up hero at the end of the second season.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No Caption Provided
Won't hurt kids and feels the adults are evil and wants to save the world for kids to make it a child's wonderland with no adults
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By jumpstart55
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" The term anti-hero has been around for a long time heroes who do not follow the basic set up for what a hero is and almost is on the edge of villainy now with that in mind I thought of hey what about anti-villains villains who are not like your run of the mill villains who's actions and morals could almost make them good guys? Villains who say do not kill or work for the overall better good of humanity through dastardly deeds since it is the only way or villains with high moral codes and honor. Arguments are welcome here are some I picked out and I would enjoy to here your own opinions and characters you say meet these terms. 

No Caption Provided
Ra's Al Ghul though a trillionare immortal fiend his overall goal is to make the Earth a better safer place and to save the enviroment 

No Caption Provided
The Rogues though some could argue that they are just old school I think that with their rules and guidelines it sets them on a plateau high above over villains with their laws against killing innocents women and children only killing when necessary and no tolerance for narcotics. These reasons is why I like these guys so much 

No Caption Provided
Though an egomaniac dictator Black Adam really wants what is best for his people and has a high moral code and honor. He will let you live if you prove yourself or he will even try to resist hostility to the best of his reason. He even has worked on the side of good. But if you cross him WATCHOUT "
Sounds a lot like this guy.   

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Magian

Poison Ivy could fit into this category. Yes she does this the wrong way but she has a noble cause, the protection of the enviroment. 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Personally, I think....

Ozymandias.
Ozymandias.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By moviegeek17
@slacker the hacker said:
"
No Caption Provided
    "
so awesome and yet so creepy lol.

albert wesker might count as one too
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rothschild
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" so wait, an anti-hero and anti-villain sound like exactly the same thing to me, what's the difference?  for example someone mentioned Lucifer, I don't think he's a hero or villain, he's his own alignment "
Not really none of the anti heroes would ever steal or rob a bank like an of the Anti Villains.  

@hdorman1 said:
" @Rothschild: he would if he had the chance    id say the tskmaster he isnt malicious or wants to feck anyone up "
He did have the chance and he shot the guy in the head who wanted him to kill the kids  "
Bingo! Thanks for answering so i didnt have to
DCGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DCGal

My favorite anti-heroes: 

Simon Templar from The Saint (Movie, comics, books) 
He is a theif, he's got governments on his tail. He works for no one but himself. Yet he's really into helping people and is not much of a killer from what I've seen. 
To me he is a nicer and noble version of James Bond. James Bond is a 'licensed killer' and working for the British government, but SO always looking out for himself. 

Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly and Serenity  
I can't even talk about it. Mal's story is so close to my heart. Bottom-line, if you haven't seen Firefly, do it. You can buy the entire series (14 episodes)  for around $30.  

Dr. Horrible
from Dr. Horrible's sing-along Blog 
Neil Patrick Harris plays Dr. Horrible a villain you are rooting for, a villain who's arch-enemy is "hero" Captain Hammer (played by Nathan Fillion from Firefly) 
In this, the villain is the nice guy just trying to make a name for himself (albiet as a villain), while the hero is a sh*tty d-bag that people blindly trust.

I've noticed that the whole anti-hero concept, while nothing new, is pretty popular lately. Have you seen the trailer for the animated movie Megamind? Reminds me of Dr. Horrible, where you are rooting for the villian and hoping he triumphs over the ass-hat of a "hero". 

-DC Gal

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
@Sexy Merc: The devil?????Anti-Villain???!!!!!
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Primmaster64:  In the Lucifer series by Vertigo yes somewhat...

Now I'm going to go off one of my tangents but as much as a villains motivation, methods, codes make them interesting. I'm something of unbending on what I consider acceptable or unacceptable. So much as a villain may be cool and well written that I might find myself rooting for him in some way. I still have a hard time agreeing with these so called "anti-villains" or "Anti-heroes". More so I have a very hard time even giving such a term to any villainous character. This is mostly because the argument of the ends justify the means, is to me complete utter failure. There is always a High road you can take and if you choose not to, then you are a failure in some way and such while I may find such a character cool. My sympathies for him won't make me see him as anything or then the villain he is, all though a tragic one if his goals are good.
Avatar image for amalgamdcmarvel8
AmalgamDCMarvel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who in the DC Universe could be consider an Anti-Villain?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@amalgamdcmarvel8: Sinestro would work

only wants to protect people, and thinks the best way for people to be safe is if they are scared and cautious

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't say Ra's Al Ghul is an anti villain. I mean he wants to wipe the majority of humanity out. I don't see how that goal can be interpreted as good.