Anti-Telepathic Helmets

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TelekineticSun

Magneto and Juggernaut both wear helmets that protect them from telepathy, i realize that in comics Magneto is either described as having a natural resistance to telepathy and in some cases a latent telepathic ability.
But i don't understand how these helmets are meant to  work. Is it just a certain type of metal or is there any type of technology with in them that make their brain function inaccessible to a telepaths, i would like it better if it was unseen technology within the helmet rather than just a clunky metal helmet made from steel or led that protects them.

Is their an explaination of how these helmets work? or is just left to speculation and unexplained?

Is Juggernaut's helmet telepath proof because of the magical force of Cyttorak?

Can Magneto tamper with Psionic energy using his mutant ability of magnetism? ( i think i heard some one say he was able to, not positive)
or Could Magneto use electromagnetism in anyway using the electrical impulses in his brain to resist telepathy? (is that his natural resistance to telepathy)

Could he or has he read minds using electrical impulses of brains? (is this his latent telepathy or do they just explain him having telepathy similar to Xavier's)

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MrMiracle77

My first guess would be that there's a layer of semi-active telepathic microbes built into the helmet.  Either they soak up the telepath's interrogator powers or they prevent the wearer's thoughts from broadcasting outside of the helmet.

My other guess would be a technique similar to the noise-cancellation effects of some high-end audio headsets.  If telepathy is, indeed, wave based then the helmet would generate an inverted version of that wave which would nullify its effect.

Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dupe

Magneto's helmet doesn't stop telepathic attacks, for some reason this was shown in the movies. Without his helmet he was able to fend of the mental attacks of both Xavier and Jean Grey. Magneto has a very strong willpower, this way he manages to keep telepaths at bay. Although it is possible that the control he has over electromagnetism makes him able to mimic certain aspects of telepathy. Seeing as the human nervous system is an electro-chemical system and is thus open to manipulation.

But it has been mentioned more that it's been Magneto's strength of will that manages to resist the telepathic assaults. And the fact that he's been attacked via mindcontrol so often has to lead to a better understanding of the power and how to counter it.

About Juggernaut, I have no idea.... HumanJuggernaut is the expert on that subject.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

Magneto's helmet DOES protect him against telepathy. Grant Morrison states this deliberately during his run on New X-Men. Kid Omega uses the same tech to make a helmet that Xavier can't project his telepathy through.

No Caption Provided

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By box turtle

I bet the helmets just send minor electrical impulses that so garble telepathic messages that they can't be read.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

i would guess that jugg's helmet protects him because its magical, though he doesnt need the armor for his invulnerability so he shouldnt need the helmet to protect him from telepathic attacks. but then that would have meant the early xmen would have had no chance against him so nevermind.

magneto's has to be technology and it just so happens that he's a genius and has created lots of different gadgets before.  and since he met charles when they were both kinda young and got to see charles' powers in action, he probably got the idea to create the helmet and went to work, knowing that since their ideas on how to fight the anti-mutant racism in the world was so different that they would be on opposite sides.  that's my guess anyway.