#1 Edited by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I have 2 questions. One for Animal Man and the other for Beast Boy. 

1) It said in Animal Man's bio. "At the end of the Year Long travel through space, the Aliens who initially gave Buddy his powers gave him an Upgrade after he was killed by Lady Styx and her followers. Buddy can now tap into the Universal “Red” reaching out and grabbing the Animal life from all over the universe, not just limited to the Red of the planet he is living on. So Dose that mean he can copie the power of something like Shuma-Gorath? 

2) As for Beast Boy. "Beast Boy has the ability to morph into any animal he knows of. He can change into extinct animals and even animals on different planets. When he changes into an animal he gains all of that animals abilities, such as the sonar of a bat, or the strength of a elephant, the speed of a cheetah. He can even gain poison-generating abilities from animals, such as the venom of a snake or spider." So can he turn himself in something like Shuma-Gorath?
#2 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Omega_Prime: Isn't Shuma-gorath a demon rather than an animal?
#3 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

arn't animals multi-celluar organisms that arn't sentient beings, so shuma gorath wouldn't be an animal, its that was the case he would be able to turn into anyone and retain their abilites, he could prolly turn into krypto tho

#4 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Omega_Prime

1.) I suppose at a high level he can since he can copy the powers of superhumans 
2. I think he needs to know some detail about the animal he wants to change into. So probably not.
#5 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:
arn't animals multi-celluar organisms that arn't sentient beings, so shuma gorath wouldn't be an animal, its that was the case he would be able to turn into anyone and retain their abilites, he could prolly turn into krypto tho
By that reasoning, he could turn into Superman, Dark Seid, Doomsday, etc...

Animals are Eukaryotic multicellular organisms that have true tissue... Do demons have Eukaryotic cells?  Do they have true tissue?  I have no idea but I doubt it...
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24717 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:
actually everything alive that isn't a plant or fungus is technically an animal
#7 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy has changed into fictional creatures on several occasions but never anything nearly as big or powerful as Shuma.

#8 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I got one what if Animal Man can tap into the powers of the Midgard Serpent and Beast Boy turn into the Midgard Serpent?

#9 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really not sure what differentiates "animals" (according to their powers)  from any non-human species. IMO they should be able to turn themselves into, say, a Kryptonian humanoid just as an example. Either that, or we need a better way to define their powers.

#10 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

in one of the Teen Titan issues when the team go to the doctor to get shots, beast boys powers are explained. 
Beast Boy can turn to any animal that has ever existed on the planet due to the shared DNA ancestry that all terrestrial life shares. 
He could unzip his DNA and re-sequence it for whatever animal effect he was is going for.

that was an official explanation in comics although i have heard Beast Boy has turned to extraterrestrial animals, i only know of this happening outside canon in the tv show.

Aside from that I dont see how they could transform into magical beings to begin with, you might as well have them transforming into the Living Tribunal, Eternity, Galactus..

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58316 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think so. 

BB

#12 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a new one for beast boy. Sence he can copie aliens dose that mean he can make himself into the Thing ? (John Carpender's) movie monster not the Marvel Hero.