#1 Edited by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

My brother told me that Angelina Jolie (one of my favorite actresses) would have been perfect as Wonder Woman when she was younger, well i disagreed with him at first, but now I'm starting to think he might have been right. Angelina is very popular and was a great actress that preformed in a lot of action roles, like in Tomb Raider. Oh, and she's extremely hot!

So what do you guys think, would Angelina Jolie have been the perfect Wonder Woman?

#2 Posted by kyrees (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

i find it annoying that we need to stick on actors or actresses that have sufficient acting background just to portray comic characters. we need new, younger actor and actresses to deliver a different take on them

#3 Posted by Experio (17230 posts) - - Show Bio

Nop, she's too old to play the Princess.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22996 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Nop, she's too old to play the Princess.

nowadays, but say Justice League was made in 2002, then I would be okay with it

#5 Edited by Experio (17230 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never thought of her as a good actress

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never thought of her as a good actress

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

10 years ago maybe. But not today.

#9 Posted by SilverPool (2282 posts) - - Show Bio

Not now because the same reason everyone else has said, but maybe a while back that wouldn't have been a bad choice. She's not some great actress though, she's pretty meh imo.

#10 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

Not now because the same reason everyone else has said, but maybe a while back that wouldn't have been a bad choice. She's not some great actress though, she's pretty meh imo.

I did mention that a "younger" Angelina would have been great, I do agree she is too old now.

#11 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Jolie is to old but she could play WW's mother.

#12 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps she could make a good Hippolyta today?

#13 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Jolie is to old but she could play WW's mother.

Yup

#14 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone originating from a mediterranean country would be more suitable.

#15 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought so a long time ago...Then I saw Wanted. Jesus Christ, what a piece of tripe.

Still want Kelly Hu as WW.

#16 Posted by Chibi_cute (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

We need a fresh not spoiled actress.

#17 Posted by DragonEscarlata (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm... I don't know she lacks of that... certain... something... :-/

#18 Posted by snarkybits (387 posts) - - Show Bio

That would have sucked and would have been properly hated.

#19 Posted by Pokeysteve (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

She would have made an excellent Wonder Woman. It aggravates me though at how many people didn't bother to read the OP.

would have been perfect as Wonder Woman when she was younger

#20 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

She would have made an excellent Wonder Woman. It aggravates me though at how many people didn't bother to read the OP.

Ugh -- thank you. I was about to point out the same.

And I think Angelina would have been perfect. An "A" list actor (at the time being suggested) so a lot more attention would have been drawn to the film. Another actress who would have been awesome is Monica Bellucci. Oh well.

#21 Posted by Outside_85 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio

In the days of Tomb Raider, yeah I remember thinking it was a no-brainer.

#22 Edited by kyrees (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

my reply would still be the same. i don't feel angelina jolie being good enough for me to portary wonder woman even if she was younger. we need young bloods to deal a different take on it and there's a lot back then that can do that.

#23 Edited by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't like have liked her as Diana back in the early nougties either.

#24 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

I think someone originating from a mediterranean country would be more suitable.

That's one of the reasons I like Gal Gadot she has a great amazon look, and she's gorgeous.

@lykopis said:

@pokeysteve said:

Ugh -- thank you. I was about to point out the same.

And I think Angelina would have been perfect. An "A" list actor (at the time being suggested) so a lot more attention would have been drawn to the film. Another actress who would have been awesome is Monica Bellucci. Oh well.

Yeah she could have easily got people into the seats!

#25 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't want her as wonder women 10 years ago either.

#26 Posted by RetconCrisis (4540 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

i find it annoying that we need to stick on actors or actresses that have sufficient acting background just to portray comic characters. we need new, younger actor and actresses to deliver a different take on them

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS CORRECT. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES MUCH BE ASSIMILATED!

But seriously, Wonder Woman isn't supposed to be this slender, model-perfect character. She needs to be at least a little bit buff.

#27 Posted by Commander_Kane (717 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought she was that sexy, or a good actress really. Never was a big fan of Tomb Raider games, so I never was interested in the movie. Wanted was pretty lame. Salt? I fell asleep watching with my Gf at the time. Im drawing blanks right now but there's a few other movies I saw her in that we're decent I guess. She could work as WW about 10 or 12 years ago but like the previous comment said it takes a little bit more than what she had to offer to pull of a Comic Superhero accurately.

#28 Posted by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought she was that sexy, or a good actress really. Never was a big fan of Tomb Raider games, so I never was interested in the movie. Wanted was pretty lame. Salt? I fell asleep watching with my Gf at the time. Im drawing blanks right now but there's a few other movies I saw her in that we're decent I guess. She could work as WW about 10 or 12 years ago but like the previous comment said it takes a little bit more than what she had to offer to pull of a Comic Superhero accurately.

The only other movies I can think of are Gone in Sixty Seconds and Mr and Mrs Smith. I've never thought of her as that good an actress either.

I think the problem with Jolie at any point in her career is that all of her characters (that I've seen her as) are built around sex appeal. Wonder Woman, while sexy, is not all about sex, and I can't picture Jolie portraying that accurately. I know it's up to writers and director to make sure the story is done accurately, but at the same time when the actress is known for these roles it would have to be difficult not to put in bits that play to those strengths.

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

10 years ago maybe. But not today.

This, Even 5 years ago I could've seen her as WW but she's too old to play the role now

#30 Posted by Commander_Kane (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Couldn't agree more. I've just never really been intised by female leads in action movies anyway though. Not to say a lady can't whoop someone's a** just as easy as a man could. It's just not as relatable. Which I don't feel a stand alone WW movie would be for me. But I'm getting off topic. There are plenty of young actress' today who could act circles around Jolie even in her prime imo.

#31 Posted by Wondertrash (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Doubt she'd have been Wonder Woman but she'd have made a great Silver Swan! That bad girl has erotica villainess written all over her. She was going for "Alicia Silverstone" but the tattoo artist had dyslexia or something.

#32 Posted by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

Jolie looks like a cadaver

#33 Posted by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#34 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she looks great..

#35 Posted by jackbensley777 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

too old shes beautiful but too old and lots of tats

#36 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Gal Gadot was born in Israel, and you guessed it 5 months ago lol.

Dang, can't anyone read an OP? I said when she was younger she would have been great.

#37 Posted by Cgoodness (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Naaaaa her age would make it near impossible, however from all the options I knew auditioned, I woulda thought Jaimie Alexander would have got it

#38 Posted by MatthewParker (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

No...just no.

#39 Posted by comicace3 (6639 posts) - - Show Bio

She'd be pretty good back then