• 92 results
#51 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker

I think he was just making a off-hand point in a humorous way, he was just trying to question why something COULDN'T be a certain way

#52 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this is a joke. Peter Parker has more girlfriends than any other superhero.

I'm really starting to miss Toby Maguire.

#53 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!! What is this bullshit, Jesus Peter has never been gay and making him that way is suicide for marvel studios!! More of this LGBT crap into our lives ( ps. people and you know who you are don't jump on me for this lol, you know who you are).

ANd on another note, why the hell is jhonny storm now black!?!? Sue is white, this means they are not fully related. Why don't we have a white blade and a southern redneck as john stewart while your at it

#54 Edited by Black_Claw (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: uh dude, it was a joke. Marvel made some dumb decisions sometimes but do you honestly think their stupid enough to pull something like that?

#55 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw:

IF they don't it could be considered discrimination * sarcastically*....and actually that could be the case. Do I need to tell you about the christian baker facing year jail time for not making a gay wedding cake in his own shop -_- yeah messed up. And Still whats with a black johnny storm?? That messes so much stuff up with him and sue

#56 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw:

IF they don't it could be considered discrimination * sarcastically*....and actually that could be the case. Do I need to tell you about the christian baker facing year jail time for not making a gay wedding cake in his own shop -_- yeah messed up. And Still whats with a black johnny storm?? That messes so much stuff up with him and sue

I think that was just a rumor...

also,calm down. You almost seem a bit..homophobic. Not saying you are,but still....

#57 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

Haha no offense taken, thats cool if you call me that ( as long as you don't mean I hate gay people lol -_- ) BUt no its just that why they making these changes...I mean peter isn't even gay. And on top of this we have a black johnny storm...that messes stuff up right there. Man this is messed up lol

#58 Posted by Gambit474 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: uh dude, it was a joke. Marvel made some dumb decisions sometimes but do you honestly think their stupid enough to pull something like that?

Marvel doesn't have control over this because they don't own the rights to Spider-man,Sony does. @cameron83 please don't anyone start bringing the word homophobe into this..That words is one of the most abused words nowadays and half the people that use it don't even know what it means. Not everyone's "afraid" of homosexuals

#59 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Marvel doesn't have control over this because they don't own the rights to Spider-man,Sony does. @cameron83 please don't anyone start bringing the word homophobe into this..That words is one of the most abused words nowadays and half the people that use it don't even know what it means. Not everyone's "afraid" of homosexuals

You do realize that I never said that he was. Just that he seemed to be. I don't know him,so I can't assume whether he is or isn't. Just that his comment seemed anti-homosexual. But that doesn't mean that it was or that he had any intent of that.

#61 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the homophobes here are really getting riled up by a simple joke.

#62 Posted by Gambit474 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the homophobes here are really getting riled up by a simple joke.

And here's a prime example of what I was talking about..This guy probably doesn't even know what the meaning of this word is. Nobody can say anything against homosexuals nowadays without being called a "homophobe"

#63 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

haha its fine. Anyone who knows me on here knows love the sinner hate the sin....I'm sure ya seen my posts on certain forums haha. You know my views lol. Its all good ^^

#64 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474:

This is exactly true today. Say anything that they don't agree with and your a bigot and other stuff. Thats not very tolerant eh

#65 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean Andrew Garfield is gay??????????????

First world dilemmas.

#70 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: wow

Yeah, because that's a fantastic, totally non biased source.

I've never heard of that blog before so I can't speak on the biased but what about that story could be changed that it would be ok for those people to be locked up?

#71 Posted by Gambit474 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

@dernman:

why is it whited out? And I'm deadass. http://www.nomblog.com/36144

there's been plenty of stories where someone who was against gays/gay marriage got downgraded or attacked for it. I remembered reading once about how a college student got failed on a public speaking speech because he did his on why he was against gay marriage and the professor didn't like it. Guy said nothing wrong and was polite as he could be about it yet the prof accused him of being hateful and all kinds of other crap..Bad showing on that teacher because you're suppose to be allowed to do speeches on things like that. That's the whole point of the persuasive speech

#72 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I never said that. I said the source he referenced was awfully biased and that is fact, you just have to look into the site's main page if you don't trust me. Although to be fair there don't seem to be that many reliable sources about this piece of news so I can't help you there either.

@gambit474: I honestly have no idea of what that has to do with the topic at hand but whatever I won't get into this argument here, especially when it would be derailing the actual topic.

#73 Posted by Gambit474 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I never said that. I said the source he referenced was awfully biased and that is fact, you just have to look into the site's main page if you don't trust me. Although to be fair there don't seem to be that many reliable sources about this piece of news so I can't help you there either.

@gambit474: I honestly have no idea of what that has to do with the topic at hand but whatever I won't get into this argument here, especially when it would be derailing the actual topic.

Marty was mentioning a story about a baker..I was merely adding that stories of the same context happen all the time.

anyways has anyone heard Michael make comment about this? Because last time I checked Michael's not even gay if I recall

#74 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic said:

I think you also misunderstood my point. You said.

So I asked you if we accept that the blog is biased against gay marriage, what could be changed about the story that would matter if the site/blog was unbiased against gay marriage. In the end people could go away because they refused to make a cake for someone because they don't support their marriage.

#76 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

OBNUEGEQB QJBN

NO!!

Actually make Wonder Woman a lesbian, and Hulk a transsexual then we'll call it a deal.

#77 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record I don't think making Peter gay would work very well due to his iconic relationship with MJ. It's the same reason why a mainstream gay Superman couldn't really work.

That said I wouldn't actually be mad if such a change was made in alt universe or a movie franchise reboot some time along the line. As long as Peter is the same old nerdy hero trying to do the right thing I'm cool with him as a character.

#78 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Like I said before, I don't want to get into an argument that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you wanna know if what happened really is wrong or not, research the subject yourself. All I'm saying is that you don't take that one article as the whole truth, especially I've seen it and there's far more complete, better researched options out there.

#79 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Like I said before, I don't want to get into an argument that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you wanna know if what happened really is wrong or not, research the subject yourself. All I'm saying is that you don't take that one article as the whole truth, especially I've seen it and there's far more complete, better researched options out there.

If you don't want to talk about it further fine but for the record I wasn't arguing with you. Wasn't even talking about if it was wrong or not because I was under the assumption that it was a given. What I was talking about was the biased mattering in this case too discount it as a source like your comment suggested.

#80 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: well to be honest its the first ome I saw. I done further research on the subject on own time. And your right it is a bit baised. But it did present the facts clearly. Aparently we have limited freedom of expression amd religon. Cause to bake it wouls be againist his faith. And freedom of religon

#81 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

@lolzstastic: well to be honest its the first ome I saw. I done further research on the subject on own time. And your right it is a bit baised.

Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. Nice to know that some people can actually acknowledge this.

#82 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: the important thing is it has the main facts, I just sent link to the one I knew of. Being baised doesnt make the facts presented invalid, just tries to make them soumd dif. But the main points are what matters

#83 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: and by reseaech I mean lookimg at multiple sites. Still all had basic facts which I already presented

#84 Edited by JulieDC (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering he is saying Michael B Jordan the same guy who created a ****storm over the human torch, I have to wonder if he is just trying to rile comic book folk for the fun of it.....

#85 Posted by Gambit474 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by DJCAVA (1 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man gay ? .... lol hell no leave him alone !

#87 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

Also,Michael B Jordan's sounds really stupid with the "it's 2013 now". I don't think he can even begin to understand that,even though a persons race/sexual orientation,etc doesn't DEFINE them,it is still a part of who they are. To change any one thing would mean that that is no longer the same person. And changing a characters race/sexual orientation/religion,etc doesn't make things diverse. It's just a slap in the face to the character and the people you're trying to represent in society.

I mean,it's like, "yeah,we won't include an african american character in this movie that's his own character. Why do that when you can just change a white character into a black character? That totally fixes things!"

It doesn't. It doesn't make you open-minded or anything like that..it doesn't make you open-minded and it doesn't really represent other people..

I hate that BS that changing a character (whether their race,religion,etc) suddenly makes them diverse. No it doesn't. It's just insulting to the character and the people you're trying to represent. And making a character into a cheap knock-off of an established character doesn't make things diverse.ESPECIALLY with such a forced move as that.

"ITZ 2013 NOW" What does that have to do with anything? Racism,prejudice,slavery (and other problems) still exist. It being 2013 or 2099 doesn't change that.

But still,peters race,sexual orientation,religion,etc doesn't define him as a person or in terms of characteristics...but perhaps as an elseworlds story it could work...idk.

#88 Posted by RustyRoy (14041 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's just joking and please Andrew don't give Marvel any ideas.

#89 Posted by Bogey (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I want MJ to be a plant.

#91 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

I want MJ to be a plant.

...what type?

#92 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

We're still doing this.

#93 Posted by Son_of_simba (698 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

I want MJ to be a plant.

...what type?