• 90 results
#1 Edited by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio
Miss me?
or me?

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (13003 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of annoys me and is going to be playing in the back of my mind when watching the films. Spider-Man isn't gay or bisexual, so don't change it.

#4 Posted by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38537 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just joking.......................................................................................

#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be cool with it.

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just joking.......................................................................................

Only because he knows the director wouldn't go through with it. He called it half-joking because of that.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23018 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha....no.

#9 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still watch it.

#10 Edited by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker:

I was actually gonna post the same thing. Well done. I would still watch the spidey movie... but it wouldn't feel the same because we all know Peter Parker is somewhat of a ladies man. It really doesn't change who he is though so I'd be cool with it.

#11 Edited by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Those who'd still watch it if they turned spider-man gay obviously don't care about continuity,so pretty much in their minds it's ok to destroy a character to appeal to certain groups. Such a shame political correctness is trying to ruin comic book films too. "Why can't spider-man be gay?"Oh I don't know Andrew...maybe because Parker never was. What next..Let's turn batman gay. Thor,ironman,captain america,and everyone else too..Let's just make em all gay since why not? So dumb

#12 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be fine with it.

#13 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

haha....

NO.

#14 Edited by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

they must got some balls if they are even considering that change to a story everyone knows by heart

#15 Posted by russellmania77 (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he was kidding... You get a deduction Garfield

#16 Edited by judasnixon (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to watch Spider-Man and the Rhino make out..... That would be so hot.

#17 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter stop shooting your webbing on me!

That's not webbing...

#18 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid but I also heard it was just a joke (he even picked the same guy who was rumored to play Human Torch) so I don't know what to say.

@reignmaker: Pretty sure no one misses Kirsten Dunst.

#19 Posted by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'd be fine with it.

yeah only non spider-man fans would say such

#20 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10237 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#21 Edited by clayscarface (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

Those who'd still watch it if they turned spider-man gay obviously don't care about continuity,so pretty much in their minds it's ok to destroy a character to appeal to certain groups. Such a shame political correctness is trying to ruin comic book films too. "Why can't spider-man be gay?"Oh I don't know Andrew...maybe because Parker never was. What next..Let's turn batman gay. Thor,ironman,captain america,and everyone else too..Let's just make em all gay since why not? So dumb

Right...because comic book movies so far have been oh so reverent to continuity. I'm not saying I want them to turn him gay, but it's their choice, and if it's handled well and in an interesting way, that's up to Fox. I'd still watch it based on how much I enjoyed the first film.

#22 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'd be fine with it.

yeah only non spider-man fans would say such

lol

#24 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: Hardest question ever!

- If you miss Tobey Mcquire then Mary Jane's a dude.

- If you miss Mary Jane, then your left with (bisexual) Andrew Garfield.

#25 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, the first movie established Spider-Man is strait so it's a little late for a change.

#26 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

On a side-note... I bet it would be great if Wonder Woman was a hermaphrodite. Yeah sexuality isn't really an issue right? Going against changing a character's change in sexuality is so damn sexist!

#27 Edited by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

Right...because comic book movies so far have been oh so reverent to continuity. I'm not saying I want them to turn him gay, but it's their choice, and if it's handled well and in an interesting way, that's up to Fox. I'd still watch it based on how much I enjoyed the first film.

There's no such thing as handling it well or in an interesting way..The only thing that would be seen by turning spider-man gay would be that it's doing nothing but promoting the gay agenda and ruining Spider-man's character on the big screen. Oh let me see..Has any of the comic book films so far changed the sexuality of a well established character for absolutely no reason other then "just because"? Nope,so you're wrong there. If FOX pulls that crap then I hope Marvel gets the rights back from them asap. Anyone who has any respect for spider-man's character would say no to this dumb idea..Only gays/gay supporters would agree with such a thing. Continuity>Political correctness and "equality." This was about as dumb as when I saw someone say they should put a gay character in the avengers film. No they shouldn't because none of the founding members were gay. I'd walk out if I had to put up with watching Spider-man kissing another dude...Go make a movie on an actual gay character if they want to do that stuff,not change characters who've never been that way

#28 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever, I don't give a damn about the new Spider-Man films. Raimi forever!!!

#29 Posted by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone who has venom in their avatar is praising Raimi..how ironic

#30 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a joke, he is known to joke a lot in interviews. How are people taking what is clearly a joke as a serious comment.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (38537 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

It was a joke, he is known to joke a lot in interviews. How are people taking what is clearly a joke as a serious comment.

THIS.

#32 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

3 was the exception, not the norm. The other two were some of the best superhero movies ever. And it's Venom in a SINESTRO CORPS uniform mr@gambit474!

#33 Posted by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

3 was the exception, not the norm. The other two were some of the best superhero movies ever. And it's Venom in a SINESTRO CORPS uniform mr@gambit474!

I know that bub..I'm not blind. No actually they weren't. The Dark Knight series was better then those two

#34 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

I know that bub..I'm not blind. No actually they weren't. The Dark Knight series was better then those two

I said "some" not "the." And I'd say TDKR is the best superhero movie ever made, with Spider-Man 2 and Daredevil~Director's Cut just behind them. And the Sinestro Corps thing was a joke.

#35 Edited by CyberWarrior (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

If they make it true, I'l burn all my my SM comic books along with the "Amazing Spider-man" CD.

#36 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Never trust a non comic reading casual

#37 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by Millennian (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield probably said all this bs to get attention...

#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

A lot of people are homophobic and very easy to offend. It's always funny.

#41 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

I actually think he was serious.

#42 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

hehe, dudes, he's joking, and even if he wasn't, what makes you think they'd go with it? :P

#43 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

This.

#44 Edited by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

Being homophobic has nothing to do with people getting upset over such a thing. Any intelligent person could come to the conclusion that Spider-man's never been gay and that this would just be done to appeal to a certain audience. Not to mention it'd make it look like being gay is a choice;)

#45 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Gender-bending characters in movies need to be a more common thing, then we can start really changing things up.

Futanari Scorpion, Doc Ock with hentai-rape tentacles, all kinds of crazy stuff.

#46 Posted by Billy Batson (57751 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@vortex13 said:

Being homophobic has nothing to do with people getting upset over such a thing. Any intelligent person could come to the conclusion that Spider-man's never been gay and that this would just be done to appeal to a certain audience. Not to mention it'd make it look like being gay is a choice;)

Making fictional characters gay is a choice.

BB

#47 Posted by Billy Batson (57751 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by CyberWarrior (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@vortex13 said:

I actually think he was serious.

Hope your not right. However I share your opinion...

#49 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Gender-bending characters in movies need to be a more common thing, then we can start really changing things up.

Futanari Scorpion, Doc Ock with hentai-rape tentacles, all kinds of crazy stuff.

That would be great. :P

#50 Posted by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

@vortex13 said:

Making fictional characters gay is a choice.

BB

Making characters that been established as heterosexual since their creation shows how stupid this is and yes that it's promoting the gay agenda. Homosexuals don't have a defining reason as to how they're the way they are anyways..Not every gay is gay because "they're born that way"