inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

The guys who work at Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash, Walt, Bryan, Michael and Ming, are coming back for fourths.

Comic Book Men will return to AMC on Sunday, February 15th at midnight/11C. In this upcoming fourth season, the show promises a lot of guest stars and a lot of the same fun and antics you'd expect from the show.

In the fourth season of AMC’s unscripted series master fanboy Kevin Smith and the charismatic men of Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash continue the antics and fun. Join, Walt, Bryan, Michael and Ming as they geek-out over rare pop culture memorabilia and welcome new friends to the Red Bank, NJ comic store, including fanboy icons Billy Dee Williams (Star Wars), Adam West (Batman), Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster), and Walt's personal hero, Gene Simmons of KISS. The last eight episodes of the season are loaded with exciting adventures and stories as the guys reminisce during their hilarious podcast, which is woven into each episode.

Comic Book Men returns to AMC on Sunday, February 15th at midnight/11C. Are you going to check out the newest season? Let us know!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Is this paid advertising? You guys have never talked about Comic Book Men before.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the question, I kinda wanna wait till it's out on Netflix. I haven't seen any episodes of season 4

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for inagalaxynearby
Inagalaxynearby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually really enjoy this show. If you can get past the cheesy/awkward scripted bits (which can be pretty funny sometimes) the comic memorabilia and fun facts are pretty cool. I think the show gets thrown under the bus too often.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By DrellAssassin

I wait for Netflix, but I'm a big fan of the show. I'm sure we'll get people on here that are like "ugh, that show is nothing like working at a REAL comic book store". Of course not! You know why? Because it's as boring as any retail store and no one wants to watch that! The cast is funny and you can tell the dialogue is unscripted by the way they interact with one another. It's the only "reality" show I'll watch.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is one of those shows I watch if nothing else is on

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SaintWildcard

@g_man said:

@saint_wildcard: sigh. If it was, we'd say that. Not sure if you're joking or trying to be insulting. Plus:

1- That would be a horrible joke, it's an honest question.

2- You're taking things way too seriously if you consider that a possible insult.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@saint_wildcard: sigh. If it was, we'd say that. Not sure if you're joking or trying to be insulting. Plus:

2- You're taking things way too seriously if you consider that a possible insult.

You were calling into question the integrity of his web site based on false claims. Plus I'm sure people in journalism (especially those that write reviews) get downright sick of people accusing them of getting paid to write things.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched every episode of this show, but to be honest....I'm kind of losing interest in the show. It's good for a few laughs, seeing the different memorabilia is alright, but overall its kind of boring.

Seeing Walt negotiate items makes me cringe. It's awkward and he's not cut out for that side of the business. Not to be mean, but what is with Kevin Smith and that stinky jersey he wears everywhere?

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O

I have a love/hate thing for this show. I enjoy the fact they make an effort to talk about, give info and promote a lot of comic books and creators. In fact I love that aspect.

What annoys me is when the show tries to delve into these skits where so and so celebrity pops in and "hilarity" ensues. It bothers me they're saying the show is unscripted when these bits are.

Although I can forego that because I do like the back and forth with the staff, even when Brian can purposely be the foil and annoys people. I have a friend who hates the show because of him and how things are presented. However, Brian has made me laugh more times than not.

Yes, a lot of the items that come into the shop and the deals are set up, not unlike "Pawn Stars" ( forgive me for mentioning that show) but it is still cool to see some items we as comic book, Sci-Fi and Fantasy fans know.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

You were calling into question the integrity of his web site based on false claims. Plus I'm sure people in journalism (especially those that write reviews) get downright sick of people accusing them of getting paid to write things.

Its not a review though. It's an ad for a show. Newspapers get paid to put ads. Doesn't mean I accuse them of having false reviews.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decept_o: The creators have been pretty forthcoming that yes, the situations are set up (like celebrity appearances) but the dialogue and what actually happens once they're there is not.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inferiorego  Staff

@drellassassin said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Its not a review though. It's an ad for a show. Newspapers get paid to put ads. Doesn't mean I accuse them of having false reviews.

Just like previews are ads for upcoming comics. Just like trailers are an ad for a movie.

This is a press release for a television show. It's an announcement of when it will air. I like the show and thought others would like to know the news of when the next season will be airing as well. That's what this is.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inferiorego  Staff

i see you played knifey spoony before @inferiorego

I'm always playing Knifey-Spoony.

Want a Beeeeyar?

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really HATE that show :P

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I started calling them the, 'Virgin Life Radio' after the first episode.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By AustinHasten

Granted, I was already a big fan of TESD and Smodcast, but I love the show. In a perfect world, it'd be renewed forever.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Love this show!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

@drellassassin: I never heard that before but like I said, I can endure it despite my gripes. In the press release for this article they're stating the show is unscripted, and that isn't entirely true. We can debate all the oranges and apples but that is OK, we like the show.

Although I am beating a dead Strider I still enjoy the show.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Me and my wife love this show.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is a real guilty pleasure of mine. I'm glad to hear i'll be able to substitute chocolate cake for another few months

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't follow this show much but when I do watch it, I enjoy it

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SaintWildcard

Just like previews are ads for upcoming comics. Just like trailers are an ad for a movie.

This is a press release for a television show. It's an announcement of when it will air. I like the show and thought others would like to know the news of when the next season will be airing as well. That's what this is.

My question was based on the assumption that I've never seen you guys talk about CBM therefor it struck me as a bit odd that after 4 seasons you guys suddenly put an announcement for the show. G-Man (albeit with rustled jmmies) pointed out otherwise.

Also: Tell Em Steve Dave>>>Comic Book Men

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Just give up man. G-Man and Matt already spite roflstomped you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kidchipotle
zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

i could not care any less about this show. i think its terrible and doesn't do the comic book community any favors by inflating the already ridiculous stereotypes about what comic book readers, particularly guys, are like.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They try to screw over everyone trying to sell an item.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always enjoy watching this show. It's harnless fun. I actually preferred when it when the episodes were longer.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I stopped watch the show half way thought season one, but good for Kevin Smith.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am so amazed this show got to four seasons. How it became the exception to AMC's reality purge, I have no clue..

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so amazed this show got to four seasons. How it became the exception to AMC's reality purge, I have no clue..

Loyal fanbase, cheap to make and it has good viewership even in a shi**y time slot.