Amazing Spider-Man is lackluster?

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the new amazing spider-man comics are supposed to be a "spider-man" reaching his fullest potential. He's at his prime, he's got cash and he's got gadgets.

So, the latter is true. He's got vehicles and some cool tech, but he still seems lackluster as fudge. I think it's because he's never shown any physical ability that I haven't seen before. They buffed his gadgets, but not him. There is yet a scene where I'm "holy shet, spider-man is way stronger than now."

Heck, I've seen teen spider-man show way cooler feats of both strength and speed. This new spider-man has already been tagged by a random projectile, and knocked down by a wave...

I thought this new spider-man was 'world level" in what he could handle. You know, like he would be able to fight world level opponents 1v1, but no, its world level as in he has multiple parker offices in different parts of the world. I'm still waiting to see giant buffs on spider-man, but whatever. I guess I'm stuck with a lackluster spidey right now

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of gadgets I'd like to see Spider-Man with some power improvements.

Such as organic webbing, claws/stingers/fangs (which can be coated in some venom/poison that his body can produce), bioelectricity, healing factor (like Wolverine), strings he can release from his fingertips (think Doflamingo), cloaking/invisibility, etc.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the series. I don't need nor care to see him gain new powers after him being the same character for damn near 80 years. The shake up of him finally reaching his full potential and leaving New York is good for me. I want to see him tackle new turfs, the world, with the same old abilities yet a more mature mind and thoughtful gadgets.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Im thinking along the same lines. But i, overall want to see buffs to his old powers. Maybe 50 ton base power. better reflexes etc

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, I'm starting to dislike what Slott is doing. Instead of giving us "mad science" Peter, we get to see Peter dealing with corporate conflicts all the time. BORING! I want to see Peter using many more gadgets, building powered suits, inventing things to help humanity, and taking down world threats with a combination of skills, powers and gadgets. Peter is a scientist, not a businessman. Accordingly, he should be doing science, not business.

I really hope that we see more science from Peter in upcoming issues.

As for his non-amped powers, I'm fine with where he is - he's got a base strength around 40 tons, he's one of the quickest heroes out there, he is the most agile, has the best reflexes, etc. I've always liked Peter to use his intelligence to solve his problems rather than getting power upgrades through other means. (That is also why I feel that Kaine works best with the Other power set)

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Last issue was pretty stale, but I have some weird confidence Slott will deliver. At the same time I want a new writer.