Amazing Spider-Man 3: When Should Peter Meet MJ?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ccraft

If Gwen Stacy dies in ASM2 how long should Peter wait before getting involved with Mary Jane?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One scene after Gwen croaks, Parker ain't got time to weep.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

He should have met her in ASM2, like originally planned, but now he should meet her at the beginning of the movie (ASM3), do the adventure thing, have her caught up in it, and then have them become "friendlier" after it. Leave ASM3 with the impress that he's not over Gwen's death yet but the possibility of MJ is there. Then open ASM4 with them together. But I REALLY hope they don't recast the MJ they chose originally, she's Fing annoying.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: So you would have preferred her be in the second film, why? I'm kinda glad they moved her to the third film, so Gwen could have more time... I also would like it if Mary Jane was introduced to in the beginning of the third film, but I can't really come up with how they should meet.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

If they wanted to stay as true as possible to the source material, (and I'm not saying they should or shouldn't) MJ should be in ASM-2. Parker knew MJ when Gwen died, and iirc, wasn't exactly enamored with MJ, who he saw as a spoiled brat kind of lady.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@arturocalakayvee: So you would have preferred her be in the second film, why? I'm kinda glad they moved her to the third film, so Gwen could have more time... I also would like it if Mary Jane was introduced to in the beginning of the third film, but I can't really come up with how they should meet.

He should meet her the same way he met her in the comics or in the TV show. Aunt May should introduce them and she should recite the jackpot line. <-- But now that I think of that, I think I find myself preferring her not being in ASM2 haha. But let's assume I still think she should be in ASM2 first - I would have MJ meet Gwen and Peter in a neutral environment, they become friendly (JUST acquaintances), very minimal screen time, then Gwen dies, and before the final battle MJ peps Peter up to finish the fight (yes, she'll learn he's Spider-Man because she'll secretly be there and witness Gwen's death with Peter unmasking himself to mourn for her). This allows them to evolve their relationship in the next film because they have "a moment." Just something I came up with on the fly, it's not perfect lol.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ccraft

@arturocalakayvee: That was actually pretty good speculation, it would have been enjoyable to see all tree of them together. I don't think MJ should be in the dark about Peter's secret identity as protracted like before, have her find out asap. Peter will need someone who knows his secret while he's distraught over Gwen's death.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@ccraft said:

@arturocalakayvee: That was actually pretty good speculation, it would have been enjoyable to see all 3 together. I don't think MJ should be in the dark about Peter's secret identity for long, have her know asap. Peter will need someone who knows his secret while he's distraught over Gwen's death.

Yep, exactly! He'll need someone to talk to and MJ witnessing his unmasking could help him. It'll develop their relationship really nicely. Or -and this is me just throwing dream ideas out now- Gwen dies at the end of ASM2, Peter gets angry, smashes his enemies, then at the end of ASM2, you see him get the black suit (venom or not) BECAUSE he has no one to talk to yet. The pain of being Spider-Man eats him up. OR just have them do the Spider-Man no more scene again……yeah I'll just stop here lol. Point is -- having him meet MJ first and her discover his identity would be a good idea. What they could also do is not have her in ASM2 at all but then introduce her in ASM3 - Peter is destroyed over Gwens death, Aunt May introduces MJ hoping to cheer Peter up, MJ and Peter meet -boom you just hit the jackpot-, MJ looks at Peter and is in shock, May and Peter are like "uh? what?", MJ says nothing nevermind, Peter and MJ go out to lunch or dinner, things are weird and things get weirder when MJ says -- "Peter, I know you're Spider-Man. I was there when Gwen died. I saw everything."

No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ccraft

@arturocalakayvee: I'd be disappointed if we don't get Spidey in the symbiote suit, that needs to happen lol

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kidchipotle

@ccraft said:

@arturocalakayvee: I'd be disappointed if we don't get Spidey in the symbiote suit, that needs to happen lol

I question if it will happen to be honest because we saw it in the previous trilogy. I know there are plans for a Venom movie but I really would be surprised if they did another venom suit spidey even though that is source material stuff.

I was just trying to throw idea's out there that I would personally LOVE to see that I know most likely won't happen. xD

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Peter hooking up with Mary Jane just after Gwen dies might cheapen the importance of the relationship he had with Gwen.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It might not happen, but Spidey does change his costume a lot, and what costume would be perfect for a grief-stricken Spider-Man? A black spidey suit that is! Somehow Spidey needs to get the black suit after Gwen's death. Ha ha wishful thinking I guess.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Peter hooking up with Mary Jane just after Gwen dies might cheapen the importance of the relationship he had with Gwen.

Based off this Spidey's personality it is something he would do.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ccraft

@goobot: Considering he disobeyed Gwen's father's dying request so easily....It's hard to say how Peter will act after her death...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@goobot said:

@wolverine08 said:

I disagree, nothing has suggested he's emotionally shallow, he's comedic and flippant about highly important things on occasions, but that's just Peter Parker.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot said:

@wolverine08 said:

I disagree, nothing has suggested he's emotionally shallow, he's comedic and flippant about highly important things on occasions, but that's just Peter Parker.

Gwen's dad: Peter, I just risked my life for you and I'm about to die, i just ask you this one and only thing as i die which is to leave my daughter alone just so she can't get hurt like this.

Peter: ya sure

Next Scene

Peter: Hey Gwen wana go out?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

@goobot said:

@rogueshadow said:

@goobot said:

@wolverine08 said:

Gwen's dad: Peter, I just risked my life for you and I'm about to die, i just ask you this one and only thing as i die which is to leave my daughter alone just so she can't get hurt like this.

Next Scene

Not really the same circumstance. Peter loves Gwen, that's why, although he tried, he just couldn't stay away from her. This would be a totally different situation.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@goobot said:

@rogueshadow said:

@goobot said:

@wolverine08 said:

Next Scene

Not really the same circumstance. Peter loves Gwen, that's why, although he tried, he just couldn't stay away from her. This would be a totally different situation.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She was supposed to be in ASM 2, so there is a good chance

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers