#1 Posted by Eric10956 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't read age of ultron when it first came out, and I didn't hear great things about it and it just sounded confusing, at the end of June after the event had been concluded for about a month, my local comic shop was selling a pack of 1-10ai at a discounted price so I picked it up and I really enjoyed it. What did you guys think?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt your the only person to like it, there are a lot of comic readers out there...

I thought it was okay, I didn't like it but nor did I dislike it. Although, I did love Mark Waid's 10AI.

#3 Posted by Dernman (13961 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure the writers liked it so don't worry about being alone.

#4 Posted by Perethorn (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it as bathroom paper.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright at first. Became a huge mess after the first few issues.

#6 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

I'm sure the writers liked it so don't worry about being alone.

#7 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it a lot. I think a lot of the people that complained about it likely didn't really understand Ultron/Vision/Ant-Man's origins. People also kept complaining that they didn't see Ultron, but they just didn't get that Ultron was everywhere. Everything was Ultron that ran on electricity.

I really liked it.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated issue 1 & I also didn't care for issue 10, but other than that, I really liked it. A few nit picks, but I thought it was really good. I don't understand all the hate. So no, you're not the only person who liked it.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (26212 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like, but not really angry about it. I'm sure Jonathan Hickman will make up for it with Infinity. It can probably be the best Marvel event in years, and best comic event of 2013.

#10 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue's 1-5 were Good but 6-10 were crap. Not a big fan of the event.

#11 Posted by TekTheNinja (729 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. :|

#12 Edited by GraniteSoldier (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

Started out ok, but I felt there was plenty of filler that could have been left out, or sped up. For example, the future bit with the Defenders. I didn't like it, but didn't dislike it. Just don't think it needed to be as long as it was.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. It wasn't perfect, but I liked it more than a lot of other people seemed to.

#14 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15876 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated it because it was supposed to be an event about "Ultron" who funnily was a back ground character. yes, the title Character was mostly in the background.

"OMG! WOLVERINE IS SO AWSUM HE HAZ TO SAVE DA WORLD!!!!!"

I like Wolverine but making him the Main protagonist in something that has nothing to do with him was just lazy, and even that wasn't written well, it was terrible.

BOOM.POW.RETCON.SAVE TEH WOLRD.BOOM. TIME BREAKS.VERY BAD.BALLSACK.NO.POW.GLACTUS!

that was the whole event.

Terrible.

#15 Edited by cfrehse (989 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: i thought wolverine pretty much had to be the main character. He was one of the few characters that would be ok with going back in time and killing hank pym

#16 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn: you have some mighty expensive toilet paper.

#17 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15876 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

@theacidskull: i thought wolverine pretty much had to be the main character. He was one of the few characters that would be ok with going back in time and killing hank pym

the fact that they had to go back in time and Kill PYM is stupid.

#18 Posted by IamTheLaw85 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read it, but by the posts in this thread. It seems like i might have dodged a bullet

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#20 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

It started out as awesome but then it just gradually became worse. I don't understand why it had to be so long.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

You are the first one that I am actually seeing with my eyes who enjoyed but probably there are more fans of this bs out there.

#22 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Spawn92 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it started out strong. You had a group of heroes that were fight ing for their lives in a situation that, personally, I think was worse than a Skrull Inavsion. It had a good mix of big time players and more b-list heroes like Moon Knight and She-Hulk. Then a few issues in they started killing off the more minor characters. I didnt really mind because I thought it was a little hiccup that would be redeemed by the Avengers going back (or forward?) in time to kill Ultron! But then: Lol! Nope! Wolverine goez back to kill Pym!!!! #LoneWulf YOLO!

I was really hoping that we would get to see the Avengers and other heroes unify to stop a common enemy, have some time travel hi jinx, and maybe for once have a happy ending. But Wolverine ended up breaking time and space instead... The best at what he does, and what he does is break continuity.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

It was just plain bad.

#25 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Avengers AI.......

But I think the first few issues (mainly number 1) was great,then it went downhill in the middle.