Am I the only one with no interest in GOTG?

• 70 results
Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bsaa

Like , not even a curiosity.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not my cup of tea, but I wanna watch it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This movie better make all the money it can in it's first week,it has TMNT to go up against.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@flameboy298: I think he is really be asking, "Who ELSE doesn't care about Guardians of the Galaxy?"

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

As for me I am excited for it and if you aren't excited about Rocket Raccoon and Groot being in a movie then I don't think we can be friends.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This movie better make all the money it can in it's first week,it has TMNT to go up against.

Yeah, I think GoTG will do fine, I do think TMNT will make more money. It could go either way.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I have almost no interest in it. the trailers haven't impressed me at all (they have made me less interested actually). All my friends are excited for it, but they are all MCU fanboys, so it's to be expected, I'll see it, but tbh, I'm watching TMNT first.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just looks goofy and dumb. Scifi shud b serious.

And I refuse to live in a world where this gackfest has a better rt rating than Dawn

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked back in February if I was the only one who was more excited for GotG than Winter Soldier. One of the responses I got was from someone (I can't remember who) saying that they couldn't be excited for any movie with a wrestler in a lead role.

All I have to say about that is: "Anybody want a peanut?"

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm definitely excited.

I have almost no interest in it. the trailers haven't impressed me at all (they have made me less interested actually). All my friends are excited for it, but they are all MCU fanboys, so it's to be expected, I'll see it, but tbh, I'm watching TMNT first.

What's been wrong with the trailers?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I asked back in February if I was the only one who was more excited for GotG than Winter Soldier. One of the responses I got was from someone (I can't remember who) saying that they couldn't be excited for any movie with a wrestler in a lead role.

Well to be fair a talking Racoon and Dave Batista in one movie doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Well to be fair a talking Racoon and Dave Batista in one movie doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

I wouldn't say that a confrontational, talking raccoon and Batista in the same movie isn't so much confidence dropping as it is quirky, which fits with how the film is being presented in its marketing.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bet is that the movie is going to be a lot of fun!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@xwraith said:

I wouldn't say that a confrontational, talking raccoon and Batista in the same movie isn't so much confidence dropping as it is quirky, which fits with how the film is being presented in its marketing.

I know but when I heard Batista had been casted I almost puked.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not one single interest, but reviewers love Marvel movies and audiences eat it up..

So, it should do alright. I'm excited for TMNT...hard to believe I want to watch a Michael Bay movie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm definitely excited.

@the_stegman said:

They've all come across as silly. And yes, yes, I know, I'm not going into a movie with a talking raccoon expecting dark realism, but it just seems corny and over the top to me, and I hate the song Hooked on a Feelin'.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By G_leno

I cannot wait to see it. I'm going on friday with 6 buddies and we're all super pumped about it. I've been pumped for it for the last year at least!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

I'm definitely excited.

@the_stegman said:

They've all come across as silly. And yes, yes, I know, I'm not going into a movie with a talking raccoon expecting dark realism, but it just seems corny and over the top to me, and I hate the song Hooked on a Feelin'.

It's been pretty clear throughout most of the marketing(Behind the scenes, interviews) that the movie is going for a quirky space adventure. I quite like it honestly, comic book fans often complain that the industry is predictable, doesn't take risks, etc. A pace of change like this will be cool for me, personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not that interesting to me

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'm definitely excited.

@the_stegman said:

It's been pretty clear throughout most of the marketing(Behind the scenes, interviews) that the movie is going for a quirky space adventure. I quite like it honestly, comic book fans often complain that the industry is predictable, doesn't take risks, etc. A pace of change like this will be cool for me, personally.

Yeah, I know, and quirky space adventure is the only way the film could go if you ask me, still, I have almost no interest in it. But, you never know, I could love it. I had no interest in Days of Future Past either, and it's my favorite film of the year.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch it but are people really expecting it to be a good movie? Looks a huge crappy joke movie.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@xwraith said:

Most of the reviews so far point to Batista stealing the show

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Love how people constantly scream about the industry doing the same thing over and over, then get mad the second they try something new.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

Not really. But to be fair, I am unfamiliar with the characters

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

Not really. But to be fair, I am unfamiliar with the characters

Couldn't you just say that to just about any movie that comes out, that people have no idea on what the characters are? Not just talking about comic characters either.

Love how people constantly scream about the industry doing the same thing over and over, then get mad the second they try something new.

Right? Don't get that logic.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

I don't care how well or bad the movie does. Completely apathetic.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Didn't realize I had to justify my reasons. The OP should have made comment guidelines more specific.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Didn't say you had to, my comment was more a general one rather than something specific to you.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I'll put this another way. If I knew the characters, I would make exceptions for the trailers. But as it stands, the trailers didn't grab my interest.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im excited. Marvel knows alot of people are hense the sequel, an animated series, new comic series and a couple apps.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: Sci-fi should be serious? Was Star Wars 100% serious? How about the latest Star Trek? Get out of here with that.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Experio

No you are not.

But I'm very interested.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nope I don't in the slightest

But if it does well that's good, every good comic movie is good for the community as a whole

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

I'm definitely excited.

@the_stegman said:

They've all come across as silly. And yes, yes, I know, I'm not going into a movie with a talking raccoon expecting dark realism, but itjust seems corny and over the top to me, and I hate the song Hooked on a Feelin'.

You're Ok with four talking ninja turtles, a giant talking rat ninja, Megan Fox(besides her looks she's horrible at everything else when it comes to film) and Michael Bay's name lambasted on this film but you think Guardians will be corny? I render you're opinion invalid. Lmfao. Check out the reviews this movie is already getting, this won't even be remotely close when it comes to quality. TMNT looks like complete garbage. But by all means go see that first lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'm definitely excited.

@the_stegman said:

They've all come across as silly. And yes, yes, I know, I'm not going into a movie with a talking raccoon expecting dark realism, but itjust seems corny and over the top to me, and I hate the song Hooked on a Feelin'.

You're Ok with four talking ninja turtles, a giant talking rat ninja, Megan Fox(besides her looks she's horrible at everything else when it comes to film) and Michael Bay's name lambasted on this film but you think Guardians will be corny? I render you're opinion invalid. Lmfao. Check out the reviews this movie is already getting, this won't even be remotely close when it comes to quality. TMNT looks like complete garbage. But by all means go see that first lol.

The TMNT trailer made me laugh (when Mickey said it's just a mask, and them openingly mocking how they were supposed to be aliens) the Guardians trailer just made me roll my eyes. So, yeah, seeing turtles first. Like I said, I'll watch Guardians, and it might surprise me, but I'm just not thrilled at the moment.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@bsaa: Sorry. About my attitude. I am at work so I'm a bit cranky. To be honest though, no movie with the word fiction in the title is serious. The closest you might get to serious science fiction is Interstellar.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@xwraith said:

I know but when I heard Batista had been casted I almost puked.

@xwraith is right. what is this further discussion? INCONCEIVABLE!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith is right. what is this further discussion? INCONCEIVABLE!

Finally, somebody got it!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Personally I have no plans on seeing it. I don't like the team in general, the trailers look awful, and with the exception of Winter Soldier, all the MCU phase 2 movies have sucked. I might watch it after it comes out on DVD (if I see it at a library or somewhere for free) just to see if I was right about it, but other than that I don't want to see it at all.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing it on my payday

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bautista is pushing me towards watching it, not away, personally.

I'm not sure if I'll see it. Seeing Hercules this week, then I will assess what movie I'll see next, if I see anymore in the next while.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What TheCannon said

I'm not interested in seeing this movie in

Theatres

(Unless a friend wants to...)