Am I the only one who can't stand anime/manga?

• 134 results
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By ReVamp

Manga is pretty amazing. But yeah, a large number of people can't stand it, I'm just not one of the,.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@sideburnguru said:

@johnni_kun said:

@teerack said:

Don't worry there are a lot of people that let their own stubbornness hinder them from enjoying enjoyable things.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the this question. I love some anime, and hate others. But, the one thing I do, is not base my whole opinion on anime only from the series I've seen. It's not so much that you can't stand Anime, @sideburnguru. It's that you don't flavor the ones you have seen. Clearly.

Okay. So wait, my opinion is wrong.

I'm not allowed to have my own general opinion on anime from the ones I've personally seen. I'm supposed to make my evaulation on the ones I've never see while no one reccomends those to me.

Not so much wrong, but misdirected. Having an opinion on "not being able to stand anime", is fine. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to like anime. I'm saying that your opinion on the genre itself, is not very fair. I'm sure you're not so close minded to rule out all anime. However, stating that you can't stand anime in general, is like saying you don't like a movie after only seeing 2 minutes of the film. Now, I notice you also said that you like "two of them." Well, if you even like one of them, that means that you actually can stand anime. Which kind of makes your opinion on the matter quite perplexing.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Mekboy

The majority of it suck imo. Even some of the more famous ones.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sideburnguru said:

@johnni_kun said:

@teerack said:

Don't worry there are a lot of people that let their own stubbornness hinder them from enjoying enjoyable things.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the this question. I love some anime, and hate others. But, the one thing I do, is not base my whole opinion on anime only from the series I've seen. It's not so much that you can't stand Anime, @sideburnguru. It's that you don't flavor the ones you have seen. Clearly.

Okay. So wait, my opinion is wrong.

I'm not allowed to have my own general opinion on anime from the ones I've personally seen. I'm supposed to make my evaulation on the ones I've never see while no one reccomends those to me.

Not so much wrong, but misdirected. Having an opinion on "not being able to stand anime", is fine. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to like anime. I'm saying that your opinion on the genre itself, is not very fair. I'm sure you're not so close minded to rule out all anime. However, stating that you can't stand anime in general, is like saying you don't like a movie after only seeing 2 minutes of the film. Now, I notice you also said that you like "two of them." Well, if you even like one of them, that means that you actually can stand anime. Which kind of makes your opinion on the matter quite perplexing.

I liked two out of the majority I've seen.

Would it have been better if I said "For the majority/most part, I can't stand anime?".

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By SoA

the newer stuff i just can't seem to get into (naruto, bleach, etc) but the older stuff (DBZ, yu yu hakusho, fist of the north star ) are a few of my favorites

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand anime some of them if they are so long or boring for example naurtro it whomps

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just find it to be a little weird

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 the_stegman  Moderator

I like some, I don't like others. But I really dislike anime/manga that has too many silly moments, such as FLCL and One Piece. The only silly anime I like is Soul Eater.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't understand how anyone can like DBZ and claim to hate Naruto which is far superior story and character wise.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By BlackWind

@the_stegman: Because DBZ is the bestest anime evar. Naruto is noffin in.comparison!1!!

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i've read through many mangas and watched quite a few anime series. sometimes i really dig the artwork. like OhGreats work on air gear. even though it's mostly fan service haha.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 the_stegman  Moderator

@blackwind: Wait, I can't tell, are you serious or joking?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#116  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I used to hate the Anime style. Not a real fan of the art style, but I like Anime because of the stories. You don't get serious animation from the US as you do in Anime.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#117 JediXMan  Moderator

I like some, I don't like others. But I really dislike anime/manga that has too many silly moments, such as FLCL and One Piece.

This, right here, prevented me from watching any Anime for the longest time. I thought that this is all there was to Anime in general. If I see something like this, it can really put me off. But I found Anime that I do like that lack these silly moments (Code Geass has light moments, not really "silly").

I don't understand how anyone can like DBZ and claim to hate Naruto which is far superior story and character wise.

I don't like either; what does that say?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 the_stegman  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@the_stegman said:

I don't like either; what does that say?

It says you don't like Shonen?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheStegman: Yes, I was joking. I've repeatedly.stated in other threads DBZ doesn't deserve the amount of praise it gets.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I read manga but I dont want to dedicate myself to it, by which I mean watch the subbed episodes and then wait 2 years for it to be dubbed and there are movies. Its the same reason I never got past the third harry potter movie. Ateast in Comics we dont get animated movie versions of all comics which are the same thing all the time, just once in a while and its always the most popular stories, and when we get animated series and movies they dont really have much to do with the comic canon time line, a new story is made instead.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

You live on a planet with 7 billion other people.

No, you are not the only one who does not like anime/manga.

krunkeela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I used to be into anime/manga as a kid, but as I grew older I got tired of the same ole main characters that had something wrong with them. They would slowly fix these problems over the course of the anime or manga. I'm not saying all anime and manga are like this(Samurai Champloo, Bebop, and even DBZ isn't bad) but if I had to put 100 bucks on calling if a new random anime was like like this, I would.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it! Except of course DBZ.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By pastepotpete1

id probably read em if i had the money but i prefer a comic book i think manga are more durable to weather and dampnes not sure

Avatar image for amatsumikaboshi
AmatsuMikaboshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By AmatsuMikaboshi

I remember being in elementary school when I was way younger and Naruto had just become popular around the time and everyone was running around with these awkward silly headbands on and that in itself made me loathe anime for quite the time but I never really stopped hating it afterwards especially when I became a lot more socially active on websites and plenty of people I talked to at the time were complete anime-weirdo's and would constantly have display pictures of anime characters or characters doing some weird type of fetish crap that I couldn't understand nor wanted to and this made me hate it almost entirely.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 560

@sideburnguru: Doubt you still use the site but am very curious with what anime you watched that made you dislike the genre.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Not sure how anyone could hate anime in general, there are so many different kinds with different tones and genre.

Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Steins;Gate. All fantastic anime that have next to nothing in common.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Modern anime is garbage. It's basically hentai dressed up in derivative, paper-thin plots.

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of anime & light novels dedicated to pandering Otaku fetishes is ridiculous. It's like they think the only reason anyone should watch or read these things are to fap at them.

KodaChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By KodaChan

Some are likable , but then they can get quite irritating . I cannot stand ... let me rephrase this " I hate hate hate Dbz , Naruto , and Fairy Tale " , if I hear one more thing about these three animes

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mainly read manga instead of the anime because more happens (that is relevant) and because a lot of animes can take forever do anything.

That said, it's probably not far to group all manga/anime in the same group considering how broad the genres can be. Some are good and others are terrible and it really depends more on the kind of story you like.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just need to find the right ones. There's an anime for anyone. My friend who never watched anime or wanted to got really into it because I showed him Steins;Gate. Another I got him with Baccano and another with FMAB.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 560

#133  Edited By Guru_Crack

Same as anything there are good Manga and bad manga and same for anime. There is good and bad so its impossible to dislike/hate all anime/manga unless you have read or watched every single one. They are so different it would be like saying I hate movies.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers