• 122 results
#51 Posted by Teerack (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry there are a lot of people that let their own stubbornness hinder them from enjoying enjoyable things.

#52 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9593 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23404 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, it depends on the genre. I think part of the reason that society views anime as stupid is because of how much Harem (A type of sub genre in which a bunch of girls surround a guy and runs into many awkward sexual situations; for example Rosario x Vampire) and fan service is around now. Now it's like boob shots and panty shots in almost EVERY new anime and manga now, even those that are action based, and don't forget those stupid high school anime and manga -_-

But once in awhile, you find a special kind of crown jewel that separates from it, so I keep my hopes up.

Hey Rosario + Vampire is awsome,exspecialy season II. =P

#55 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Not saying it isn't, but it still falls into the genre... Somewhat.

#56 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9593 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9593 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Because seeing two attractive guys making out/getting it on is hot? lol

#60 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Don't worry there are a lot of people that let their own stubbornness hinder them from enjoying enjoyable things.

I'm sure this post will defeinitely open my mind more! Gee, thanks for contributing and understanding how people have different opinions!

#61 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Ball Z had my attention only temporarily. It became so formulaic that i felt that they were just recycling the same stuff over and over.

#63 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23404 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by Teerack (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I'm sure this post will defeinitely open my mind more! Gee, thanks for contributing and understanding how people have different opinions!

Makes a thread asking a question, and then complains when you get an actual answer. Smart.

#66 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

There is some i like, but overall not a fan.

#67 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

This is pretty much my thoughts on the this question. I love some anime, and hate others. But, the one thing I do, is not base my whole opinion on anime only from the series I've seen. It's not so much that you can't stand Anime, @sideburnguru . It's that you don't flavor the ones you have seen. Clearly.

#68 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@sideburnguru said:

@teerack said:

Makes a thread asking a question, and then complains when you get an actual answer. Smart.

"Don't worry, there are a lot of people."
We could've stopped there.

You decided to throw in your own little ASSumption. Then you wonder why someone called you out on it. Smarter.

#69 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

This is pretty much my thoughts on the this question. I love some anime, and hate others. But, the one thing I do, is not base my whole opinion on anime only from the series I've seen. It's not so much that you can't stand Anime, @sideburnguru . It's that you don't flavor the ones you have seen. Clearly.

Okay. So wait, my opinion is wrong.

I'm not allowed to have my own general opinion on anime from the ones I've personally seen. I'm supposed to make my evaulation on the ones I've never see while no one reccomends those to me.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk gave me a reccomendation and I'm now pretty sure I'm going to be checking it out.

#70 Edited by Teerack (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@sideburnguru said:

@teerack said:

You decided to throw in your own little ASSumption. Then you wonder why someone called you out on it. Smarter.

There's no need to get defensive... and I'm not assuming anything, I'm responding to what you actually said in the OP. Also I'm not wondering anything I get that you're sensitive, and are taking my post a some kind of insult when it's not. /shrug

#71 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@sideburnguru said:

@teerack said:

@sideburnguru said:

@teerack said:

There's no need to get defensive... and I'm not assuming anything, I'm responding to what you actually said in the OP. Also I'm not wondering anything I get that you're sensitive, and are taking my post a some kind of insult when it's not. /shrug

"Let their own stubborness hinder them from enjoying enjoyable things." Doesn't come of as any type of insulting to you?

Different weird strokes, for different folks.

#72 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it depend on what the anime/manga about but for the most part I love most of them with a passion (currently reading 100+ mangas and seen 70+ animes)

#73 Posted by blackwolf0925 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what your are really looking for. I am an avid manga and anime collector so I vary between genres. My favorite series to this day could be consider shoujo (manga aim at young girls) which is Chibi Vampire/Karin. A not so typical high school romp with a twist. I enjoy anime/manga myself for the sheer variety of it all.

#74 Posted by Bruxae (12680 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to like it, but with all the overrated Goku talk on these boards it got alot harder to.

#75 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I like some, but the bulk of it is just a little weird to me. I don't know, it's kinda alien I guess.

#76 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5370 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are a view you may like, as I was not always into Anime/Manga.

Street Fighter

Helsing

Rebirth

Fist of the Northstar

Trigun

Angel Sanctuary

Tough

Tenjou Tenge

Akira

#77 Edited by BumpyBoo (7681 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god, not liking popular things is a crime now?

*begins new life as a fugitive*

;P

#78 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

So, you like them.

All I'm going to say is Darker than Black.

#79 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I'm a Superman fan and I love anime =D

AWSome possum.

@veshark said:

I like some, but the bulk of it is just a little weird to me. I don't know, it's kinda alien I guess.

Aye, I get that feeling of "weird" a lot.

:l was going to give an example, but then I realized it's not appropriate for the forums.

#80 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

damn, I feel like I went off on a tangent there with that link.>< anyway it's all pretty interesting.

#82 Edited by ComicStooge (12075 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike it.

#83 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not an anime fan, however I don't dislike it. I prefer animated cartoons like Justice League and BTAS and such.

#84 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: This. You pretty much covered one of my massive reasons. Fanboys in general.

@guardiandevil83

I'll check some of them out. Already seen about five of them.

@comicstooge:

Good stuff.

@jokergeist

Like I said, I know three I can enjoy at this point. However, majority I've seen and that other people have shown me just annoy me.

@bumpyboo

THANK YOU. Seriously. Can't believe I wasn't allowed to dislike it.

@awesam

Said I like three at this point. I've seen about.. thirty. People show me some, my friends talk about them and post them on Facebook, I check them out, give them a fair shot, end up hating the majority. Avatar [Which is even debatable if it's an anime to some], Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop. That's about it.

#85 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9593 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: It's not like American Comics don't have die-hard fanboys either, just sayin' i:

#86 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

@sideburnguru: It's not like American Comics don't have die-hard fanboys either, just sayin' i:

Never said they didn't. Saying that the anime die-hard fanboys/otakus annoy the hell out of me alot more.

#87 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Try the korean comics webtoons/manhwa, or the chinese manhua

or maybe you just hate non-western comics

#88 Posted by JulieDC (876 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really connect to it, it's too culturally different from what I like. Though I did like Pokemon, inuyasha, trigun, and sailor moon anime growing up.

#89 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@sideburnguru: Try the korean comics webtoons/manhwa, or the chinese manhua

or maybe you just hate non-western comics

I'll give it a shot. Definitely like how the tiger is drawn there.

@juliedc
I mean, I definitely like stuff from Japan. Would love to vist there with some of the cool stuff they got there, like the arcades.

#92 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: I love it because of variety

Plus where else can i read an amazing Mein Kampf or a Das Kapital comic?

@bumpyboo: I might be able to give ya interesting genres and reccomends

#93 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: that is from a chinese manhua

try a korean manhwa, they have good storylines

and it comes in COLOR

I suggest 'tower of god'

#94 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7232 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

So, you like them.

All I'm going to say is Darker than Black.

DTB is what if X-Men were government assassins...(still great though)

#95 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Oh boy. Aready like some of that art. AND MEIN KAMPF AS DIGITAHL CAHMIC? Seriously, it's actually his book as a comic?

@mr_ingenuity
Looked up the other Darker Than Black. Honestly doesn't look like something I'd enjoy.

#96 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9593 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Beware the Legendary Super Aryan!

#97 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Please tell me where that's from. I need it. If it's primarly a parody of Hitler.

#99 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: It's an homage and it is from 'Mein Kampf' the manga

#100 Edited by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

As the thread title says, just wondering.

If you can, that's fine by me. It's up to you. I actually like two of them. But damn, everything about it irritates me.

I'm up for a discussion with anyone wondering why, juts want to know if anyone relates?

i agree