Am I the only one thinks Marvel might do a 52 soon?

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean in the main Avengers book is having a universes being destoryed left and right, The New Avengers they are destorying other dimenstional earths to save 616 earth, Reed and family are going threw the multi-verse on simular to the tv series Sliders, Glactus did come to the Ultimateverse and basiclly became on the level of the top Celestrials, Ultimates are suppouse to have a war with the 616 Avengers ,Ultimate Doom is rumored to come back and make a deal with 616 Doom ,Miles Morales is set to come to the 616, Spiderman 2099 is set to come to the 616 as well, look how Age of Ultron ended so much time line, multi-universal, dimenstional, damage has occurred and the orignal X-men from the past are back and their current counter parts don't remeber them ever going this far in the future. Just what im noticing. I can't be the only person noticing this.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By hart7668

So a 52 or Crisis on Infinite Earths type deal? Because it would be pretty huge for Marvel to do a large retconning, mainstream killing event. And what I mean by that is this: sure Marvel has had a lot of "game changing" events, but they never really retconned things (except Beyonder I guess). Hulk's history from his creation till now are all still relevant, unlike say, Superman, who has like, 4 different mainstream histories, GA SA Modern Age and new 52. But I'm sure Marvel is just doing some random things at the moment.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Marvel needs a COIE/Crisis mainstream reboot the way DC didn't.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would hate if Marvel did a New 52 style reboot. I don't need my favorite character's histories flushed down the toilet.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigtewell

nah marvel wont marvel has never needed to. they do big events but after each one is a good starting point. dc doesnt have many good starting points so they did new 52 to get new readers to start. marvel now is they biggest they go where pretty much every comic starts a new volume and team rosters and writers change to give each comic a new starting point.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. Infinity, The Hunger, and Superior are going to screw with history, combining ult and 616 with 2099

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rell127

it's starting to seem like Marvel may do it. Unlike DC I think their Reboot would make more sense and actully fit in more. Marvel always changes their history up but a reboot can change everything. MY only problem would be who would get new books. Who would be stuck in teams who would be the first to get canceled when they do it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Marvel needs one way more than DC ever did, tho if they do I'd hope that more qualified writers and editors would take the reigns for it.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

SUCH EVIL THOUGHTS WILL NOT BE THOUGHT!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By IrishX

Marvel does not need a reboot and it is definitely not going to happen.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

@rell127: Yeah there seems to be a pattern of sorts going on there.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of Marvel's unique traits is that it has a single long continuous history without massive reboots. Rebooting it would be a massive waste.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No it doesn't need one. Marvel didnt do anything like crisis when DC did it and they don't need one now with the New 52

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By PeppeyHare

One of Marvel's unique traits is that it has a single long continuous history without massive reboots. Rebooting it would be a massive waste.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I both agree and disagree with you here, but I wouldn't mind if they just reset to somewhere between the end of Civil War and the beginning of World War Hulk.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine008

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wouldn't mind it. Just not the way DC did it. I say roll the clock back a bit and clean out the closet. Oh one thing I really think they should do is advance their debuts. Like Punisher still has his Vietnam origin for some writers. Bring it closer to the present.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Marvel needs to reboot, but I wouldn't mind the continuity being cleaned up a bit and things like Norman Osborn/Gwen Stacy's love children, Planet of the Symbiotes, 'Franken-Castle' Punisher, and Bruce Banner's 101+ potential Hulk personalities and bout of Lou Gehrig's disease stricken from the record.

Oh, and better utilizing some lesser known characters, or introducing some of the characters Marvel owns from absorbing other companies like Malibu might be nice, rather than 'here's another Hulk/Spider-man/Weapon Plus character' and two more each Avengers/X-Men groups.

And for cripes sakes, when a character dies, even a popular one, let them die! (Though that's just more of a general comic book gripe than Marvel specific.)

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they are just trimming everything down. Taking the good characters and bringing them all into the 616 universe. They needed jean back since the phoenix is gone now. i think Galactus is going to destroy the ultimate universe.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By FlashKnight

If they do I for one hope it is a full reboot. Either go all the way or don't do it at all - that is one thing I dislike about the New 52, if they were going to do a reboot they should have just started from the beginning.