Am I the only one that hates Sasuke from Naruto?

• 52 results
Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is all i hear when he talks, "Whine, b****, moan."

He's also just a plain total tool, and I've always wanted to strangle the little s*** so badly!

No Caption Provided

sammysalsa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sammysalsa8

I do sometimes... I don't know how they're just gonna forgive him and let him rejoin the village without any repercussion.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are not.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By frogdog

Its normal not to like sasuke, he is a terrible character

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

I don't hate him like I hate Luffy

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

99% of shonen characters are all like that.

shonen = teenagers.

teenagers are whiny.

this isn't new.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whaaat? Y'all tripping, homie is dat dude!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sovereign91001

Sasuke's been unlikable for a long time.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shonen = teenagers.

teenagers are whiny.

this isn't new.

This is why yusuke is awesome, he one of the few teenagers from a shonen that isn't whiny

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@frogdog said:

@fallschirmjager said:

shonen = teenagers.

teenagers are whiny.

this isn't new.

This is why yusuke is awesome, he one of the few teenagers from a shonen that isn't whiny

yeah. he's a gangster (literally)

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: You're not alone. I hate him more than any other Naruto character.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonez_

I liked him a bit more before Shippuden. Since then I have hated him.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@fallschirmjager said:

shonen = teenagers.

teenagers are whiny.

this isn't new.

yeah. he's a gangster (literally)

Who needs to cry about problems? Just go outside and beat the s*** out of punks.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people realize that he found his entire family slaughtered like cattle right? Its not like he is whining about not being good enough, or women problems. Dude witnessed some pretty horrible s--t.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Cloakx14

Yusuke is pretty cool. Sasuke is pretty f*ck up dude. To me he 's a lot like Garra.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You people realize that he found his entire family slaughtered like cattle right? Its not like he is whining about not being good enough, or women problems. Dude witnessed some pretty horrible s--t.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@guardiandevil83 said:

Yes he got his revenge on his brother. Well his brother killed himself, but after that he's like, "Brother dead so now I can have peace in mind........f*** it I'm going to destroy Konoha.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I actually don't hate him, unlike most.

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke doesn't annoy me, it's Naruto's obnoxious obsession with him that makes up the entirety of Shippuden's storyline.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: your right man, sasuke, itachi, naruto, Kakashi, and gaara had a really sad past. Sasuke witnessed his clan, and family get slaughtered by his own brother, right in front of his eyes. And then he after he gets revenge on his brother and kills him he learns the truth about how his brother was a poor forces puppet, and the higher ups from the village he was born in planned the attack. So moved on to wanting to destroy the village for its corruption and dark decisions. This is why sasuke and naruto are my favorite characters from the series.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

I stand beside you in your hatred for Sasuke.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Ya he was cooler when he wanted to kill Itachi but now he's ehh. He used to be my 2nd fav character but now he's my fourth after Kakashi, Minato and Itachi.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sasuke was awesome before his fight with itachi (but even then it varied). Once he found out the true behind Itachi and Konoha and STILL decided to destroy it I just hardcore facepalmed myself. This entire arc with Madara he has been extremely unlikeable though too.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allways loved Sasuke and I allways will.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just don't understand his inner torment.

Loading Video...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm tired of him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

Dude, you know you're not the only one.

Anyway, I don't HATE him, but I hate parts of him. I LOVE his backstory, I love his fighting style, (before he got cheap and start spamming Amateratsu and Susanoo) I love him when he formed Hebi and I love his hair.

What I don't like, in part 1, he had this ridiculous superiority complex, thinking he was better than everyone, and he lost...to EVERYONE, Haku, Lee, Gaara, Naruto (strength comparison) etc. I know Kishimoto did this on purpose so Sasuke would seek more power from Orochimaru, but my gawd.

Also, I don't like current Shippuden Sasuke..what is his goals?? First he's evil, then he's good, then he's crazy, then he's evil again, then good, now..he wants to be Hokage?? come on Kish...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolfrazer
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Sasuke has been bad*ss lately. Spamming amaterasu, formed a full susanoo, combining susanoo with Naruto's kyuubi, & stabbing Madara. btw you're no the only one who hates Sasuke.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: Multiple personality disorder? XD

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. ...okay, I'm crazy.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. ...okay, I'm crazy.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: I had actually stopped reading after he started to Assemble his lil revenge squad so I did not know that. Lol

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just don't understand his inner torment.

Loading Video...

Lmfao!!! XD

That was great.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, no, no. We back home all hate him.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I dislike all characters that he is inspired by...Vegeta, Batman, Wolverine...

We get it pee-holes, you're too cool for teams, now go away. If I hate anyone, it's Sakura.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StrictlyAnime

Meh, I've always liked Sasuke more than Naruto. Though I understand why the majority dislike him, and I would hardly call what Sasuke does "Whining".

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why..why do you hate Luffy? What's to hate?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@hart7668 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Let me say this first. I like the world that the creator has set up. I love the power structure of both Navy and Pirate. The way super powers are introduced is actually interesting. I like many characters in the story like Shanks, the Admirals, Smoker, Dragon. My favorite being Coby.... but Luffy as a main character just pisses me off. He's a moron who loves to eat and fight (almost a rip off of Goku, which isn't surprising considering the creator worked for AKira). His goal to be King of the Pirates pales in comparison as to why Naruto wants to be Hokage. His grandfather is a legend yet he chooses to go against all that just cus it's cool to be a pirate. As a main character in a comedy series I wouldn't care, but in a series like this he just seems to hinder the story. I get that people like him and its a block buster selling manga, but as a main character Luffy is not my cup of tea. I hope to see Coby at least match his power someday and become his rival.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@hart7668 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Let me say this first. I like the world that the creator has set up. I love the power structure of both Navy and Pirate. The way super powers are introduced is actually interesting. I like many characters in the story like Shanks, the Admirals, Smoker, Dragon. My favorite being Coby.... but Luffy as a main character just pisses me off. He's a moron who loves to eat and fight (almost a rip off of Goku, which isn't surprising considering the creator worked for AKira). His goal to be King of the Pirates pales in comparison as to why Naruto wants to be Hokage. His grandfather is a legend yet he chooses to go against all that just cus it's cool to be a pirate. As a main character in a comedy series I wouldn't care, but in a series like this he just seems to hinder the story. I get that people like him and its a block buster selling manga, but as a main character Luffy is not my cup of tea. I hope to see Coby at least match his power someday and become his rival.

I completely, and 100% Agree, Luffy is without a doubt the most uninteresting character in One Piece. The manga itself does a brilliant job of building its world and the people in it, it does something many Shonen can't do, and gives us fascinating, three dimensional characters, look at Nico Robin's development, look at Zoro going from the rogue pirate hunter to a valued member of the bunch, look at Nami and everything she's been through and evolved over time. Hell, even the villains are all black and white.

then you have Luffy. Luffy, aka, "Stretchy Goku", Luffy, who is literally the same character now, as he was in chapter 1 of the manga, Luffy, who has NO emotion besides "upset" and "happy" he doesn't show fear, or jealousy or real hatred (sure, he's angry at people from time to time, but he gets over it once the fight is done) or lonliness, etc. He's dumb to the point of being oblivious to many things around him. the happy go lucky, over eating for comedic effect guy who is always sunny unless you mess with his friends, then he's mad! He's one step above Ichigo Kurosaki (who has similar lack of character development, but also boring as a table lamp) in my book of "bad Shonen protagonists" People may call Naruto annoying, but damn, at least he acts like a human being every once and awhile.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hart7668

@the_stegman: @saint_wildcard

But that's half the point. Luffy is supposed to be this really simple guy with goofy powers that takes all the gravity of the series, its trecherous geopolitical undertones and other serious, real-world issues and yells "I'M GONNA BE THE PIRATE KING!" simply because of spite towards his grandfather and most likely to show that Shanks didn't lose his arm for nothing. His deal with Shanks is the driving force for his motivation (bringing the hat back by becoming a fine pirate in his own right). Basically, Luffy is the epicenter of levity in an otherwise dark manga (what with historical censorship, slavery, New World Order type government and such) and I appreciate him for that.

Ah well. If you don't like him, ya don't like him. I'm not gonna persuade you otherwise, but I figure'd I'd give my two and a half cents whether you wanted it or not :p

EDIT: That, and I think the thread may have derailed a bit.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's dumb to the point of being oblivious to many things around him.

I have to take issue with this however. Oblivious?

• He didn't interfere with Zoro's fight with Mihawk because he understood what it meant to Zoro - Mihawk even (slightly) praises Luffy for his decision
  • In his fight with Arlong, he destroyed the cartography room (before soon destroying Arlong Park) because he knew what it represented to Nami. Everyone else was just thinking "a desk?" but Nami silently cried and thanked Luffy for understanding.
  • He was the only one to oppose Vivi's plan of action because he realized none of it meant anything if Crocodile wasn't defeated and even went as far and called Vivi naive - Sanji remarked that while Luffy is quite...aloof, when he gets it right, he hits the nail square on the head.
  • While fighting the Boa sisters, he covered the slave symbol of Sandersonia because he knew what would happen to the Boa sisters otherwise.

If by oblivious you mean he goes against the status quo frequently, then sure I guess. But I don't think someone who is really oblivious to their surroundings would do or think to do half of the things I mentioned.

Buuuuuut again, it's all just opinion. You're free to yours, I'm free to mine, and we're all free to rant debate each other :P

As far as Sasuke goes, I'm "meh" about him. I would, however, find it absolutely hilarious if he became Hokage.

Divineflame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Divineflame

@ssjdarthplagueis:

Let me say this: Because basically everyone who watches the show or the non-watchers are basically a shallow, they're like "He's going to destroy Konoha? wow." Then" He's going to be hokage? What a retard" Then" He's gay" etc..etc. He's my favorite character of all times, in fact, he's the best so far in Naruto and the non-touched one. They didn't know something called "Reasons" Before.

I can, however, prove everyone in this forum is pretty much wrong of why they hate him.

But eh.....they just see the emo guy who keeps whining (By the way, he never whined)

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate him as well he's just a typical emo anime B****

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_stegman  Moderator

I had a love/hate thing with him

Hates him in all of pt 1. All he did was lose.

Liked him when he was with Hebi/Taka in Pt 2. Then hated him again Summit Arc onward.