• 132 results
#1 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Whose powers would you rather have?

Alucard

• Immortality: This ability is rather ambiguous, as Alucard himself has stated that immortality is a myth. However, what it most likely refers to is the human souls inside Alucard; it has been speculated that, when damaged by blow that would have killed or incapacitated him such as exceedingly holy weapons, the damage is instead directed to his reservoir of souls. Because this ability doesn't really grant him true immortality, it can be considered as psuedo-immortality. Although, this ability is no longer the source of his immortality after he absorbed Schrodinger's soul which did grant him immortality. Before he absorbed Schrodinger, Alucard states he's now "hungry", and starts to absorb the dead city of London, after which his soul count was equal to three million, four hundred and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-seven. However, the "soul count" theory is just a fan theory, and has never been definitively proven. But it was stated by Anderson that this was the reason for him not being able to kill Alucard.
  • Regeneration: Alucard's ability to regenerate is considerably greater than any other vampire's. He has regenerated from a pool of blood and from being blown to shreds by gunfire, incinerated completely, etc. When damaged to an extreme extent, his body simply turns into a shadow-like substance and reconstitutes. Exceedingly holy weapons have been shown to incapacitate him for a time, but even Anderson augmented with Helena's Nail could do no permanent harm to him. While regenerating against Anderson, he became a shadow entity at one point.
  • Superhuman accuracy: Alucard has been known to hit targets at great range using handguns while looking the other way. He does this by using his so-called 'third eye'.
  • Superhuman strength: The extent is unknown, but Alucard can physically rip humans and vampires apart with ease. He can slice through Tubalcain's card which is sharp and strong enough to easily cut through a uranium shell propelled at it without the slightest damage to the card. He can rip right through body armor with ease and lifted a falling fighter jet with just his upper body and didn't use any of his arms.
  • Superhuman speed: He can move faster than can be seen. He can quickly move up a large building while appearing as a glint of light to Tubalcain identical to how Luke was appearing to Alucard
  • Superhuman reflexes: he has demonstrated the ability to catch bullets (both Rip Van Winkle's and ordinary ones). He caught Rip Van Winkle's magic bullet, which punctured a SR-71 moving down at Mach 2.8+ speed several times in rapid succession before causing it to explode and intercepted missiles, with ease.
  • Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid objects.
  • Superhuman agility: The ability to defy gravity to an uncertain limit. He is also seen leaping impossible distances and can go up vertical surfaces.
  • Shadow manipulation: Manipulation of shadows into physical form, which he can then use however he wishes.

Shape-shifting: Alucard can transform himself or parts of himself into bats, insects, snakes, hell hounds, other human forms including a little girl, an amorphous mass of darkness, and many other forms. Alucard has four known human forms, each with different characteristics and weapons. He also states that his form means nothing and that he can take any form that he chooses.

• Weather control: The ability to control the weather to an unknown limit, as demonstrated by the fog created when he returned to London aboard the H.M.S Eagle.
  • Illusions:The ability to cast illusions, such as when he tricked Walter into seeing Luke Valentine as himself.
  • Teleportation: The ability to disappear and reappear somewhere else.
  • Telekinesis: In the manga, Alucard uses telekinesis to close a door on a fleeing SWAT officer. He also launched six SWAT officers into the air and guided them to flag poles where they were impaled. Alucard is later seen moving a broken down air-craft carrier from the Gulf of Italy to the Dover of London all in a little less than 40 minutes, only traveling at a few knots.
  • Telepathy: Alucard can speak telepathically to his fledgling.
  • Mind-reading
  • Mind control and hypnosis: (fans sometimes call it the "Love Beam" after a remark from Pip).
  • Summoning: The ability to summon familiars, the souls of those whose blood he has sucked in a variety of forms that either sprout from his body or swarm around him as an army numbering in the millions. These familiars can also include animals such as horses and the weapons and abilities that the familiars possessed in life, but Alucard can only use this ability when Control Art Restriction System Level Zero is released.
  • Bloodsucking: The ability to suck a person's blood and absorb their soul and, consequently, their knowledge and memories. (He learns more about Millennium after absorbing Tubalcain.) He can also absorb blood through his clothes and skin, as he does with Luke Valentine's blood after his hell hound had eaten Luke's body. Alucard can draw in blood over vast distances (at least throughout the city of London).
  • Hibernation: Alucard is able to survive long periods of time without consuming blood, but is able to fight at a usual level of strength after drinking even the smallest bit of blood.
  • Immunity to vampiric weaknesses: His abilities and health are not in any way compromised by such things as sunlight or silver. In fact, it appears that the only weapons capable of harming him to any real extent are the most holy of Christian artifacts, such as Father Anderson after augmenting his abilities with Helena's Nail (a nail, which was from the True Cross, which crucified Jesus Christ, and was blessed in his blood) but even that did no permanent, or even lasting, damage.
  • 'Supernatural sense': The ability to sense supernatural activity (In The Dawn, a prequel to Hellsing, Alucard knew the Captain was a werewolf the moment he saw him, and in the OVA, he could see the blessings on Father Anderson's bayonets).
  • Combat experience: In addition to his superhuman abilities, Alucard also possesses centuries of combat experience. While he usually relies on crushing his opponents with sheer power, he does at times use strategy. When he fought Alhambra, Alucard used shadow duplicates to distract him, allowing Alucard to close the distance between them and deliver the death blow.
  • Schrödinger's powers: At the end of the series, Alucard has acquired Schrödinger's quantum reality manipulation powers after absorbing him during the Millennium incident. This grants him the ability to exist wherever and however he wishes to. This enables him to be omnipresent at any given time.
  • It is not known what Hellsing changed on Alucard's/Dracula's original powers. However, the ghoul army formed by the devoured souls in Alucard can be one of these. Dracula didn't use this ability against Prof. Van Helsing and his crew according to the flashbacks in the manga (and of course according to Bram Stoker's novel, which is a base of Hellsing). In addition, Van Helsing admitted that they had destroyed all of the vampire's servants (which means these servants can't re-appear in 1999). Maybe by some process the Hellsing Organization made advantage of the terrifying amount of the souls restored in Alucard, and made it possible to release them on the battlefield in Control Art Restriction System Level Zero. (In the ending of Hellsing OVA II, which is a trailer of The Dawn, it can be seen that some of the WW-2 german soldiers are impaled much like the Millenium and Crusader infantry in the battle of London. Also, the Major seem to know much about Alucard's release states. However, it is yet to be revealed in the ongoing Dawn-series whether this assumption is true or not.)

Edward Cullen

POWERS AND ABILITIES

Edward is the fastest vampire in the Cullen family. He and Jasper are the best fighters in their coven, though they are not the strongest. As a vampire, he has sharp senses, superhuman strength, speed, endurance, healing factor, and agility. He describes himself as the most dangerous predator in the world whereas his appearance, scent and voice are enormously attractive to his prey, so much so that he occasionally sends Bella into a daze entirely by accident. Edward explains that vampires do not need to breathe, though they often do so out of habit and to retain their ability to smell. He cannot digest human food, and compares its attractiveness for him to the prospect of eating dirt for a regular person. He also compares his family's "vegetarian" diet to a human only eating tofu, as it gives them the same strength as human blood but never fully satisfies them.

dward possesses the gift to read others' thoughts. His gift is different from Aro's, which is limited by his need to touch the target and can access every thought a person has ever had. Aro is very intrigued by Edward's power because he can read people's minds from a distance and what is going through their mind at that moment, and wishes to make him part of the Volturi Guard. However, Edward refuses.

Edward's power seemingly comes from his dormant ability to read people as a human, which became a supernatural talent when he became a vampire. He can hear all "voices" in range, but has learned to block out the ones he is uninterested in by focusing on one voice or something in particular. Edward mentions that his ability is like being in a room where everyone is talking at once. He can tune out the "voices" so that it's just a low buzzing in the background. The closer and more familiar he is to his target, the farther away he can reach when he wants to, but can only keep track of a person within a few miles. He mentions in Twilight that he can use it to dismiss people who feel attraction toward him and his family. He can also telepathically experience Alice's visions and keep track of a shape-shifter's telepathic link to his pack when he is within range. However, he cannot read Bella's thoughts as she is shielded, which is part of what made him curious about her when they first met.

#2 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Alucard all the way

I do not want to look like pattinson

#3 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx:

#4 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Alucard !!!

#5 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall:

What do you think of my pics?

#6 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99:

Alucard's pics: BADASS (and scary)

Edward's pic:

#7 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

@majestic99:

Alucard's pics: BADASS (and scary)

Edward's pic:

QFT

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

Alucard's healing factor is borderline toonforce. Who do you think I'm going to choose?

#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Lol, Alucard.
#10 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Alucard's healing factor is borderline toonforce. Who do you think I'm going to choose?

What is toonforce?

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a rhetorical question right?

#12 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

What is toonforce?

It's a term used for how cartoon characters never seem to get hurt. Alucard's healing factor is insane. Nothing Edward has comes even remotely close to Alucard's abilities.

#13 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought you were referring to cartoon, lol.

Reason I chose Edward is because I know there are Twilighttards out there who always choose Edward over any other vampire/lycan.

#14 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx: He loves ****ing !!!

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

ALUCARD 10000000000000000000X ALUCARD!!!!

#16 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall:

LMAO

#17 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

I thought you were referring to cartoon, lol.

Reason I chose Edward is because I know there are Twilighttards out there who always choose Edward over any other vampire/lycan.

That makes no sense.. at all. You're choosing a character because you know there are rabid fans of it?

#18 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

That makes no sense.. at all. You're choosing a character because you know there are rabid fans of it?

I don't any other versions of vampires(excluding Alucard) who are more powerful Edward.

Plus there are Superman fans who say that Superman can beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thor and Beta Ray Bill at the same time, Darkseid,etc.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

This.....this isn't eeven a question, I'm picking the most bad@$$ m*therf*cker of all time Alucard all the way

#20 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I don't any other versions of vampires(excluding Alucard) who are more powerful Edward.

Plus there are Superman fans who say that Superman can beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thor and Beta Ray Bill at the same time, Darkseid,etc.

Still, Alucard is clearly more powerful here. It doesn't make sense that you're choosing him because you think Edward is more powerful than other vampires other than Alucard, but none of them are in this debate. Only Alucard and Edward. So yeah, it makes no sense.

Also, I don't see how that entire second part about superman and silver surfer is relevant..

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

QFT

#23 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

careful, it curses alot and kinda attacks Catholics

#24 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e:

Just skip to the end of the video go to about 0:5

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@Nerx:

LOL

#26 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

This is a rhetorical question right?

Yes.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (23127 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was gonna be about this Edward....  :( 

#28 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I thought this was gonna be about this Edward.... :(

A better fight by far, still futile, but better

#29 Posted by kiyava (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Alucard for sure. I don't want to sparkle. I think that's one of the main reasons I couldn't get into the whole Twilight thing. Besides the abusive relationships and one-dimensional characters, anyway.

#30 Posted by The Stegman (23127 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: I know, if it was Edward Elric, I would actually pick him, I'd rather be an Alchemist than a Vampire, even if it is a badass vampire.
#31 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like much Hellsing but I hate Twilight,so....Alucard all the way to the win.

#33 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

What exactly are his powers?

#34 Posted by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

He would still die horribly but he's better than Twilight Edward!

#35 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Anything is better than Twilight!

Btw, what are the alchemists powers?

#36 Posted by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Tbh I don't really remember it wasn't an anime I followed (saw a few random ep's) seemed like the classic super speed, strength, agility etc....

#37 Posted by The Stegman (23127 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99:  

Btw, what are the alchemists powers? 

Despite Edward's small stature and young age, he is a remarkable combatant. Having apprenticed under Izumi Curtis, Ed was taught to condition his body through regular workouts and sparring as part of her philosophy, "to train the spirit, first train the body." As such, his slight frame belies a compactly muscular build that, in addition to his naturally high energy level and endurance, fuels his considerable strength and agility. Due to Izumi's spartan training, Edward has become a particularly competent hand-to-hand fighter, able to hold his own against armed opponents and even skilled martial arts practitioners. Besides that, his steel right arm and left leg augment his fighting strength by adding to his defensive and offensive capabilities as well as his speed - after he is refitted with a lighter, cold-climate automail in Chapter 70 of the manga.

As suggested by his unprecedented acceptance into the State Alchemist program at such a remarkably young age, Edward Elric is an alchemical prodigy of genius level intellect. From early childhood, he displayed a proficiency for alchemy, acquiring self-taught alchemy skills and comprehension from the advanced literature in his father's abandoned study at an age that shocked even his mother. Having incorporated alchemy into his life during his developmental stages, Edward sees the world alchemically and is therefore able to solve complicated codes, puzzles and mysteries much more easily than normal. He has also shown himself to be exceptionally adept at chemistry and reasonably competent with biology; indeed even his preparations for the failed attempt to resurrect his mother were indicative of these. Edward's near-encyclopedic knowledge of alchemical theory is astounding and contributed to his incredible success with emergency Soul Binding experimentation. He shows an uncanny level of focus that allows him to effectively shut out everything from his surroundings and devote all of his considerable mental power to whatever problem demands his attention, especially in the case of books.

Combat Alchemy

As a result of having passed through The Gate and witnessing the Truth, Edward became one of the fewalchemists who do not require a drawn Transmutation Circle to perform alchemical transmutations. By merely touching his palms together, he creates an energy circulation with his arms and transmutes by using his own will as a substitute for the necessary runes. This remarkable talent makes his transmutations both instantaneous and incredibly versatile, allowing him to use alchemy to its fullest potential in direct combat. In the 2003 anime, Edward was initially unaware of his new talent and continued to draw transmutation circles when performing alchemy, but after he accidentally used this ability to heat water to comfort the pregnant Gracia Hughes, he ended up using it regularly.

With this quick style, Edward becomes a master of his surroundings and uses the substances therein to supplement his physical prowess in battle - creating giant earthen hands to lift objects, columns of stone to gain himself the higher ground and ogre-faced battering rams with which to strike opponents. Ed also specializes in transmuting weapons with which to do battle and often crafts menacing-looking swords and ostentatious lances when necessary, but his primary weapon is his automail right arm, whose forearm plating he transmutes into various blades.

Of course, the true genius of Edward Elric's combat alchemy lies in his aptitude for incorporating the alchemy styles of others into his own after merely having once seen them in action, which makes him very adaptable to various situations. So far, he has adapted Scar's destruction alchemy, Alex Louis Armstrong's gauntlets and stone spikes as well as Greed's carbon armor hardening into his combat repertoire. In the 2003 anime, he also took on the tactic of repeatedly altering the chemical makeup of his automail in order to keep Scar from comprehending and therefore, destroying it.

In the manga and 2009 anime, Edward's alchemy mostly deals with the transmutation of inanimate solid objects. In the 2003 anime his alchemy is somewhat more diverse. In this series he has also shown the ability to transmute water in multiple ways, like boiling and freezing it, forming moving constructs from it and even changing its chemical composition to that of other fluids. Lastly he can use his alchemy to transmute plants; in one instance he used alchemy to grow flowers from the ground and in another he mentioned being able to transmute grass into bread.

For the more complex alchemy such as summoning The Gate or transmuting souls, Ed still requires the use of a transmutation circle for performing these difficult tasks, though this is more frequent in the 2003 anime compared to the original manga and 2009 series. 

@Strider92:  

This isn't a battle, it's a "which powers would you rather have'' thread.
#38 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I still choose Alucard over both Edwards.

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#40 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wouldn't want Alucard's powers. Mostly because there is no telling how much blood the man needs to keep going or if his aggression or the disconnect from humanity he feels comes from his personality or his powers. If the answer to those questions fall on the wrong side of the fence you've basically transformed yourself into a blood thirsty killing machine completely devoid of human feelings that feels a longing inside that can never be filled because of your base lack of humanity.

So being a horrifying danger to all peoples everywhere not to mention anyone I've ever loved or could love (assuming I still have actual emotions) or being a sparkly kid that has absolutely no drawbacks to his vamperisim and is still superhuman in every way including being able to read minds. I think I choose the sparkly kid's powers.

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very one sided.

#42 Edited by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

I actually wouldn't want Alucard's powers. Mostly because there is no telling how much blood the man needs to keep going or if his aggression or the disconnect from humanity he feels comes from his personality or his powers. If the answer to those questions fall on the wrong side of the fence you've basically transformed yourself into a blood thirsty killing machine completely devoid of human feelings that feels a longing inside that can never be filled because of your base lack of humanity.

This pretty much sums up Alucard apart from 2 small differences:

1.He can control himself but chooses not to.

2.He does also have feelings but also chooses to ignore them.

So If you only had his powers and not his personality i'm guessing you could keep you're humanity. Its just Alucard likes being a monster, he's stated it numerous times. For example Sera who he turned into a vampire refused to drink human blood but still had some of his abilities. So a lot of it hinges on personality.

#43 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Soulstealer said:

This pretty much sums up Alucard apart from 2 small differences:

1.He can control himself but chooses not to.

2.He does also have feelings but also chooses to ignore them.

So If you only had his powers and not his personality i'm guessing you could keep you're humanity. Its just Alucard likes being a monster, he's stated it numerous times. For example Sera who he turned into a vampire refused to drink human blood but still had some of his abilities. So a lot of it hinges on personality.

Maybe, except when she finally did drink blood she changed rather drastically. Anderson even comments on it when they meet again. He says something to the effect of "Finally become a monster eh Seras Victoria." And she doesn't deny it. Also even before she drank blood she had her "berserk" moments.

So, you sir have a very good point but the fact that Alucard himself is able to control himself doesn't mean that someone with a lesser will would be able to. And yes he does let himself run wild whenever Intergra allows it, but when she doesn't he's calm and collected. So he has restraint or at least she has it for him, but if someone else is suddenly imbued with everything he is I'm not convinced they don't become inhuman.

I think I agree with you about the emotions except I'm not sure that he's just ignoring them at all times, as with Seras it might just be that he's completely and totally overcome with bloodlust. I've no proof one way or another, but I'd rather have the lesser powerset than turn myself into the destroyer of earth.

#44 Edited by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

Maybe, except when she finally did drink blood she changed rather drastically. Anderson even comments on it when they meet again. He says something to the effect of "Finally become a monster eh Seras Victoria." And she doesn't deny it. Also even before she drank blood she had her "berserk" moments.

True she did go berserk but:

1. Her friend had just been killed so she was pretty angry.

2. She still didn't kill any humans. She fed off of the mercenary guy (can't remember his name) because he was going to die anyway and he told her too.

This is just speculation on my part but the reason I think she didn't deny that she was a monster to Anderson is because she believes drinking blood in itself is monstrous as when you look at the position she was in she didn't really do anything wrong. The guy was bleeding out and going to be dead within a few minutes so its not as if she killed him and as yet we haven't seen her hurt any humans let alone kill any. I also remember her saying something like that near the begining (OVA 1-3) that drinking human blood is monstrous so I think that is the likely answer.

#45 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

This is very one sided.

So whose powers would you rather have?

@Strider92: @Soulstealer: It's not about what you are, it's about who you are. You always have a choice to do the right thing.

#46 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Alucard.

#47 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Soulstealer said:

True she did go berserk but:

1. Her friend had just been killed so she was pretty angry.

2. She still didn't kill any humans. She fed off of the mercenary guy (can't remember his name) because he was going to die anyway and he told her too.

This is just speculation on my part but the reason I think she didn't deny that she was a monster to Anderson is because she believes drinking blood in itself is monstrous as when you look at the position she was in she didn't really do anything wrong. The guy was bleeding out and going to be dead within a few minutes so its not as if she killed him and as yet we haven't seen her hurt any humans let alone kill any. I also remember her saying something like that near the begining (OVA 1-3) that drinking human blood is monstrous so I think that is the likely answer.

His name's Pip. He's a pretty awesome character to me.

And I agree with you totally and concede your points about the fight after Pip's death, but actually when I was talking about berserk I was actually referencing her bloodlust moments before. Like against the ghouls before they met Anderson for the first time. That was just her being tempted by blood to go wild, you can argue that it was because of her not having drank blood before but likewise when she finally did drink a good amount of blood (i.e. more than the little Integra fed her) her whole demeanor changed and I'm not sure it was merely cosmetic (like in the OVA when her hair and outfit changed). After all, Alucard tried to get her to drink his blood during their first encounter with Anderson and he said that she'd become a true vampire. Anderson's comment also had that same kind of vibe to it, but like you said about your statement mine is also just speculation.

#49 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@ReVamp said:

This is very one sided.

So whose powers would you rather have?

@Strider92: @Soulstealer: It's not about what you are, it's about who you are. You always have a choice to do the right thing.

Not true at all. If you're crazy, can you help that you're crazy? Does it not affect the choices that you make?

#50 Posted by Strider92 (16118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer: Oh yeah the when she first met Anderson and when the vampire twins attacked Hellsing forgot about that.

but even when blood-lusted she hasn't killed any humans yet. I don't think ghouls count as being human. So I guess that does show a level of self-control.