Posted by Joygirl (20075 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Alright guys, let's not lie... do you think the new Lobo is hot? (51 votes)

Unffff. He is SO friggin' hawt, I would jump him in a second. 2%
No. The design is actually pretty much total ass, why would I consider this attractive? 18%
Lol, I'm a straight guy/lesbian, so just show me the answers. 43%
Even as a straight guy/lesbian, I have to admit that he is hellaciously sexy. 12%
Even as a straight guy/lesbian, I can tell that he looks ridiculous. 25%

Just, for a minute, pretend you aren't mad that this is "Lobo". Forget all of the nonsense surrounding the redesign. Just look at this sexy beast and tell me what you think about him:

#1 Edited by Wolverine08 (44071 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not at all. He looks ridiculous.

#2 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5547 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks anorexic

#3 Posted by tupiaz (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a canceled one. This is the new look:

Is he beautiful? Sure but it is so far from the original design that it doesn't really matter. Anyway this doesn't really concern me since I'm not a lobo fan.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7773 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he looks cool, but I don't find him hot/sexy.

#5 Edited by Perethorn (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF is that? That cant be Lobo.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (20075 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: As I said, the original design is irrelevant in regards to this poll. i'm just talking about that picture.

#7 Posted by BumpyBoo (10114 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he's not sturdy enough for me ;)

Moderator Online
#8 Edited by Immortal777 (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Lobo was Jason Todd with some type of power up ability when I first saw the pic.

#9 Posted by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you high?

#10 Posted by JetiiMitra (8731 posts) - - Show Bio

How does one become a straight lesbian?

#11 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the new lobo. Looks like a hipster cut out of lobo. Lobo was a badass and I dont know who this is supposed to be. Big Mistake.

#12 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wondered what makes pretty boys so eye candy for girls.

Then I realized it's because they have feminine features, which then led me to think 90% of women are bisexual but don't know it.

Then I brained.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (44071 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I realized it's because they have feminine features, which then led me to think 90% of women are bisexual but don't know it.

Then I brained.

You are a genius.

#14 Posted by SC (13266 posts) - - Show Bio

Works better as a sidekick to Lobo. This guy should be called Bobo. He will be known as Bobo The Beautiful. He can be the beginning of supporting characters that will result in Lobo having an extended family. He'll have to have around four boy Bobo's, and one female Bobo. One Bobo will be his genetic son, he will need a female progeny/successor as well, we can call them Fofo's and we will need a Lobowoman. One Bobo will also get killed by a crowbar and come back as the White Hood err... wait that almost sounds racist, how about the Ivory Hood. Then one day Lobo can have his very own Death in the Family story. He'll also be able to have a big family fight with Wolverine in the next fan voted inter company cross over. Lobo, Bobo, Fofo versus Wolverine, X-23, and Daken.

Now imagine Daken and Bobo above interacting.

My work here is done.

#15 Posted by tupiaz (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@tupiaz: As I said, the original design is irrelevant in regards to this poll. i'm just talking about that picture.

But your picture is not the new Lobo. But an unused design.

I thought Lobo was Jason Todd with some type of power up ability when I first saw the pic.

Well if you look at the picture I posted the gloves are suppose to give him strength. They have also given him laser weapons. I'm so lucky I'm not a Lobo fan.

Are you high?

I wonder who you is in this sentence. It seems like you aren't addressing anyone in particular which make your post kind of ironic. Writing to your self or just new form of art?

#16 Posted by JetiiMitra (8731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

Then I brained.

You are a genius.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (20075 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Whatever. Then the thread is about the unused design.

#18 Edited by Joygirl (20075 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I brained.

Either that or "super manly men" aren't as sexy as men think they are.

#20 Posted by SC (13266 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

Then I realized it's because they have feminine features, which then led me to think 90% of women are bisexual but don't know it. Then I brained.

Interestingly enough its indeed a combination of what's considered masculine and feminine features from an evolutionary perspective that makes "pretty" boys attractive to make females, and those pretty boys also have to have some other type of edge as opposed to just being pretty. Some subjectivity as well as far as what is the right balance, but most woman aren't typically attracted to hyper masculine guys in the same vein as say your Ryback's Brock Lesnar's, huge body builders etc men are kind of similar too.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (44071 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Then I brained.

Either that or "super manly men" aren't as sexy as men think they are.

Us "super manly men" are incredible.

#22 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what they are doing. At first, I absolutely dreaded the redesign, but now, I just see it for what it is. The male fantasy is changing somewhat, especially in the past, say, decade or so. Before all we saw, or wanted was a super-buff dude on paper who we all wanted to be. Now, that fantasy is still around, but I think it's also making way for the "uber-cool, brooding type male character that looks stylish, but retains some amount of masculinity" or whatever. I don't know how to say it lol.

That's just me. Looking at it that way, I like the design. But at the same time... that's Lobo? Yikes.

#23 Posted by CyborgZod (149 posts) - - Show Bio

This character design is just too generic and amateurish. Lacks personality.

#24 Edited by ccraft (5425 posts) - - Show Bio

@twentyfive said:

I see what they are doing. At first, I absolutely dreaded the redesign, but now, I just see it for what it is. The male fantasy is changing somewhat, especially in the past, say, decade or so. Before all we saw, or wanted was a super-buff dude on paper who we all wanted to be. Now, that fantasy is still around, but I think it's also making way for the "uber-cool, brooding type male character that looks stylish, but retains some amount of masculinity" or whatever. I don't know how to say it lol.

That's just me. Looking at it that way, I like the design. But at the same time... that's Lobo? Yikes.

so Justin Bieber is to blame? I knew it...

#25 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

Another lame DC update to a character that was good already. Cyborg-Supes is another fail.

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#27 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a Twilight Vampire, how do I know that?

#28 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer pretty boys to macho men. Give me Dick Grayson over Bruce Wayne any day.

#29 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer pretty boys to macho men. Give me Dick Grayson over Bruce Wayne any day.

Dick's face is not why the ladies love him and you know it. :P

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34025 posts) - - Show Bio

What is with this Slobo foolishness?

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (15009 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he looks funny.Not hot,not beautiful,not scary or anything but just funny.The new design doesn't suit him at all and I don't like it.

#32 Edited by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Moe

version of lobo

#33 Posted by The Stegman (25171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd tap the final edition, but not the one in the OP

#34 Posted by Samimista (20850 posts) - - Show Bio

Very much so! =D

#35 Edited by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the look but he greatly resembles Loki in my opinion.

#36 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

But, thats not Lobo......

#37 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

"Even as a straight guy/lesbian, I have to admit that he is hellaciously sexy."

Wait, we aren't going with the final version? I'm changing my answer to no.

#38 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8011 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought I would see a thread entitled this...

Damn you again, DC. DAMN YOU you fraggin' bastiches.

#39 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought I would see a thread entitled this...

Damn you again, DC. DAMN YOU you fraggin' bastiches.

The character you chose as your avatar is ugly.