All New X-Men Start Up Assistance

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just picked up my first Marvel book in quite some time: All New X-Men.

It sounded interesting, and I thought it could be cool to see two faces of one of my favourite Marvel Characters, Scott Summers, go head to head.

Ive been following events in the Marvel U, but the ridiculous number of "event" comics is a large reason why I dropped Marvel, and is also the reason I am pretty far behind on X-Men history.

Can anybody give me a brief synopses of why everyone is so pissed at Scott? And let me know who basically "won" Schism (how the Logan and Scott fight went down)?

As far as I knew, Scott took up the Magneto banner, essentially forgoing peace as a solution and instead choosing revolution, then, later on he and his besties got Phoenix powers, which he then used to thwomp the Avengers and kick start the mutant population (killing Xavier while under the Phoenix's influence). Is that all basically right? I feel like I really must have missed something, considering how self-righteous and high-and-mighty everyone, INCLUDING WOLVERINE (self declared best killer in the world) AND JEAN GREY (killer of billions).

Is there any important history ive missed. My heart goes out to young Scott. BTW, are they 12?! Old Scott is creepy, creepin on 12 yo Jean.

*On issue 8 btw.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo:

Can anybody give me a brief synopses of why everyone is so pissed at Scott? And let me know who basically "won" Schism (how the Logan and Scott fight went down)?

No one really one Schism. Logan and Scott stopped mid fight when the new students joined in on the fight against the giant sentinel and then Wolverine packed up, left, and opened the JGS.

As far as I knew, Scott took up the Magneto banner, essentially forgoing peace as a solution and instead choosing revolution, then, later on he and his besties got Phoenix powers, which he then used to thwomp the Avengers and kick start the mutant population (killing Xavier while under the Phoenix's influence). Is that all basically right? I feel like I really must have missed something, considering how self-righteous and high-and-mighty everyone, INCLUDING WOLVERINE (self declared best killer in the world) AND JEAN GREY (killer of billions).

Basically Cable told Scott he needed to protect Hope for a war that was coming. Hope ,being Cyclops' granddaughter, obliged. Scott thinks they can use Hope to control the Phoenix and restart the mutant population. Avengers show up and demand to take Hope into protective custody. Then Cyclops gets pissed, fires at Cap, start of AvX. The revolution Scott comes after AvX (at least that is how I see it).. But no, you have it in a nutshell. They think that Cyclops, whom didn't even want the PF in him to begin with since Stark blew it to pieces, killed Xavier and should stand trial for murder. So everyone is pissed at him despite the illogical thought process behind it since the entire fight was them attacking Scott with him begging for them to stop before he lashed out at Emma (which we learned had context behind it since Emma and Scott had a psychic conversation while their bodies fought the Avengers and Emma was going Dark Phoenix so Scott took her power there saying he could handle everything so she wouldn't have to) and then lashed out at Xavier before being all Dark Phoenix.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo: And the original X-men that came back are like 15-17 range. I don't think Scott was creeping on her, he was just more shocked at seeing the woman, in some form, he loved for so many years back and just remembered the time when he first met her and how he felt.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deaditegonzo

@god_spawn: Ok, haha they keep bringing up the age of 12, but ive seen that used more as a figure of speech before, so I get that. I was going to say, theyre all pretty jacked for 12.

Anyway, thanks for the response. So basically, all the Jean Grey School folks are just self-righteous d****, and Scotts own group are just totally, inexplicably, cold to poor Scott. Oh, and Jean is pretty darn aggressive.

Side question, after the Dark Angel stuff, Warren's body is "possessed" by a super "peppy" entity?

Ive always said I would side with Magneto, so I guess I feel a lot more sympathy for Scott, since his people have been oppressed for 40 years, the Xmen being completely impotent no matter what they try, finally deciding he needs to save his race through force (after all, we consider the US the heroes in the revolutionary war, whats the difference in Mutants fighting for their rights?). I feel even worse for Young Scott, who has literally don nothing wrong but is being held directly accountable by everyone. Its like all the good he does/did means nothing. And besides, does nobody else realize WHAT he had to go through to finally snap?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo:

Yeah, it's just a figure of speech.

They believe Scott intentionally killed Xavier. Scott on the otherhand, has willingly asked them to kill him ,I think twice now, if they believe he intentionally murdered Xavier because he doesn't want to live with the thought they think he would do that. And Beast is the biggest self righteous asshole in the series right now. Issue 10, Scott calls him out on his bullsh*t, which was awesome.

And Scott's own group isn't cold to him at all. Him and Emma are actually still very supportive of each other, along with occasional flirting. Magneto is trying to keep everything level. And Magik is.....well being Magik. They all have the same goal in mind and are very supportive of each other.

Warren isn't possessed, per say, he's just...reborn and purged of corruption with new powers if that makes sense?

I think everyone targets young Scott just because they know what he grows up to. Stupid logic, but that is the closest to the legit Scott Summers they can vent to.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Well, when I say "Scott's group is cold to him," I mean young Scott. All of them are treating him like he suddenly transformed into Hitler.

Now that you mention it though, Emma was all pissy at Cyke, and so was Magneto, but I figure Old Cyke is just dealing with a bit rougher crowd.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo: Ah, I thought you meant the older group, lol. But yeah, young Scott's getting stones cast at him by everyone.

They were mad but eventually got over it. Magneto probably still has some issues since he will be fighting Cyclops in UXM 8 for some reason, but Emma seemed to just accept everything in Uncanny X-Men 2 after some soul searching. ANXM 3 they were mad but that was more of a prelude issue to everything.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@god_spawn: Wait, does the young Xmen storyline cross over into all the other X-titles?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo: So far, Uncanny X-Men does since Bendis writes both.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo: So far, Uncanny X-Men does since Bendis writes both.

Gah, the Marvel way is so frustrating. This is an interesting story, but I dont want to have to deal with all inconveniences. Is there already a crossover scheduled for All New X-Men?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@deaditegonzo: You don't have to. UXM mainly does its own thing and ANXM does its own thing. But at certain points they do cross before going different ways. And the crossover between the two is issues 10-11 for ANXM and issue 4 for UXM. That's it so far.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deaditegonzo

@god_spawn: Ok good, haha. I was about lose my s***.