Alice and the Invaders From Wonderland Indiegogo Fundraiser

bretmherholz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello All, My name is Bret M. Herholz and I have started an Indiegogo Fundraiser for my graphi cnovel ALICE AND THE INVADERS FROM WONDERLAND.

The concept for the project came to me when I was doing Steampunk versions of Alice for a show. I found myself really liking the idea of re-imagining Alice as a Steampunk Adventuress and proceeded to write a script for a 120 page graphic novel.

I wanted to create a version of Alice that was "fun" and adventurous in the style of Harry Potter, Doctor Who with a little Buffy the Vampire Slayer thrown in for good measure. I've become so tired of all the "sexed up" versions of Alice in comic books. I wanted to create a version that wasn't all bosoms and cogs.

The story is a sequel to her adventures in Wonderland. The Queen of Hearts has invaded Alice's world shortly after her return from her journey down the rabbit hole. The action picks up with a 16 year old Alice alongside her friends the Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, March Hare and the White Rabbit trying to free Alice's world from the grip of the Queen of Hearts.

Apart from the script, I'm also handling the letter, layout and pre-press. I've handed the artistic duties to a super-talented artists named Paul Loudon who I think is ideal for the book.

If you wish to check out the fundraiser page and support this project financially, please click on the link below to see all the original artwork and prints you can score by pledging. Also, if you know anyone you think would be interested in this project please do me a huge favor and pass this link along to them and encourage them to pass it along as well. Feel free to repost on any social media site you wish. Any support I can get would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/alice-and-the-invaders-from-wonderland-graphic-novel