#1 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasoning: We haven't seen Alfred in a few issues now, in which time Joker could have been doing who knows what. I think Joker cut off Alfred's face (once he had driven Alfred insane) and had him attach his OWN face on, to make him appear like the Joker. And what's on the tray? Why, Alfred's face of course.

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

I think Joker cut off Alfred's face (once he had driven Alfred insane) and had him attach his OWN face on, to make him appear like the Joker. And what's on the tray? Why, Alfred's face of course.

Didn't read that didn't read that didn't read that

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

That's stupid. If this happens, I'm pretty much done with Snyder.

#4 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree I know, I hate it too. But I'm 99% sure that's what is going to happen.

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

Then Snyder will be the guy I will hate the most in my life.

#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

Atleast im not the only one who got that vibe. lol

#7 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred isn't the Joker. Besides the fact that he has no reason to be doing all of these horrible things, his interaction with Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad makes me sure that this is the real Joker. I'm pretty sure she would've been able to tell if it wasn't really him or not.

#8 Edited by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

While I admit this is superior to the "Alfred was the Joker all along" theory I expected (and have seen), I still would like to know why Dent and Cobblepot reacted as they did to seeing a random old man's face. Also, it has been established that there are multiple trays, so are you saying the face was sliced into little pieces?

(Oh, and just for all the folks wondering why I keep dismissing the "Alfred was the Joker all along" theory, here are scans from Batman #13):

(Note that we see this as readers, not as Batman watching a faked video or something...Sorry if that's tangential but I figure the Alfred/Joker theorists are as like to show up on this thread as any of the others)

#9 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

They're going to eat Al's heart, he's the heart of the Bat family

#10 Posted by Wardemon32 (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

yea right

#11 Posted by comicace3 (6382 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Reasoning: We haven't seen Alfred in a few issues now, in which time Joker could have been doing who knows what. I think Joker cut off Alfred's face (once he had driven Alfred insane) and had him attach his OWN face on, to make him appear like the Joker. And what's on the tray? Why, Alfred's face of course.

STAHP JUST STAHP RIGHT THERE!

#12 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...I haven't been following the New 52 Batman stories, but I swear I've read a Batman trade where Alfred is the joker.

#13 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

Wait...I haven't been following the New 52 Batman stories, but I swear I've read a Batman trade where Alfred is the joker.

he was the villain Outsider back in the Silver Age if I remember correctly.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

Wait...I haven't been following the New 52 Batman stories, but I swear I've read a Batman trade where Alfred is the joker.

What Ever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

Wait...I haven't been following the New 52 Batman stories, but I swear I've read a Batman trade where Alfred is the joker.

Whatever happened to the Caped Crusader.

#16 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: @Decoy Elite: That's it! I remembered the "moby dick to his ahab" line and could recall him donning the get up in the mirror but just couldn't place it. Thanks!

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: No probskis.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred being the Joker would be as stupid as making Dr. Octopus Spider-Man, Oh wait, never mind.

#19 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Alfred being the Joker would be as stupid as making Dr. Octopus Spider-Man, Oh wait, never mind.

This..sadly...this

#20 Posted by JohnMetro (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@DoomDoomDoom said:

Wait...I haven't been following the New 52 Batman stories, but I swear I've read a Batman trade where Alfred is the joker.

he was the villain Outsider back in the Silver Age if I remember correctly.

That is also correct.

#21 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Alfred being the Joker would be as stupid as making Dr. Octopus Spider-Man, Oh wait, never mind.

Put this post into the Comic Vine Hall of Fame!

The Gaiman "Fairy Tale-esque" story where Alfred wa sthe Joker, and his friends were the other villains, and the GCPD and Arkham were props for Batman was a great story.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU ALL WILL BE WRONG!!!!!

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

How could Alfred kidnap himself?

#24 Posted by JonSmith (4008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

How could Alfred kidnap himself?

He's got acting skills you wouldn't believe.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

If Alfred becomes Joker I quit comics

#26 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movie, the Dark Knight Rises, Alfred is Bane.

#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

I can whole haltingly say no this will not happen

#28 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raizex said:

In the movie, the Dark Knight Rises, Alfred is Bane.

Steroids is a powerful drug.

#29 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

I think Joker cut off Alfred's face (once he had driven Alfred insane) and had him attach his OWN face on, to make him appear like the Joker. And what's on the tray? Why, Alfred's face of course.

Didn't read that didn't read that didn't read that

This. This. This!