Air Super Bowl Trailers This Sunday

simonjo890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simonjo890

Watch Breaking Dawn Part 2 Online Everyone knows that the Super Bowl broadcast is one of the biggest advertising opportunities around, and that fact isn't lost on the major movie studios. Every year they shill out millions upon millions of dollars to take advantage of the incredible number of viewers watching. Last year brought previews for movies like The Avengers, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, John Carter, and Battleship. But can we expect from this year's how?

Watch Hansel and Gretel Online The Hollywood Reporter got the inside scoop on the various trailers that will be playing during this year's big game, and in addition to re-confirming spots for films like Oz The Great and Powerful and The Star Trek Into Darkness, they also revealed some previously unannounced titles. Perhaps the biggest name in the bunch is Justin Lin's Fast Six, which is scheduled to be hitting theaters this May but has yet to produce a single teaser, let alone a theatrical trailer. Other movies set to air spots include anticipated titles like Iron Man 3, The Lone Ranger and World War Z. This year 30-second spots during the game have run between $3.7 million and $3.8 million.

Watch PARKER Online Written and directed by Kim Nguyen, War Witch centers on the story of Komona (Mwanza), a 12-year-old native of Sub-Saharan Africa. One day, her peaceful life is disrupted when rebels invade her village, slaughtering many residents and kidnapping others. Abducted and forced to join their troups, Komona builds a mystique by her very survival; they believe she is a witch. Fittingly, she forms a friendship with a fellow child soldier called Magician (Serge Kanyinda), and the two make the dangerous decision to desert. Get a peek at their journey in the trailer below, or see it in hi-res at Apple:

Watch Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters Online These things — I can feel them coming on. I can feel it when I need to slough off one skin and grow another. So that’s when I started thinking, ‘All right, when I turn 50, I’d like to be done.’ I knew that in order to stop, I couldn’t keep it a secret — so many things are coming at you when you’re making films that you need to have a reason to be saying no all the time. … It’s a combination of wanting a change personally and of feeling like I’ve hit a wall in my development that I don’t know how to break through. The tyranny of narrative is beginning to frustrate me, or at least narrative as we’re currently defining it. I’m convinced there’s a new grammar out there somewhere. But that could just be my form of theism.”

Watch The Hobbit Online This was among the many enticing titles that played at the Tribeca Film Festival last year. I didn't manage to see War Witch at the time, but soon regretted missing out as it won Best Narrative Feature and Best Actress at the fest's award ceremony. Thankfully, now I'll have a second chance to see the film that has already awed critics worldwide. Fatal Attraction. I watched that a lot. That’s a very well-directed movie. Adrian Lyne knew exactly what he was doing. The eighties was a terrible decade for American films, with a few exceptions in the independent world. It’s basically when the corporations took over. And one of the few, to my mind, interesting aspects of the decade were these psychological thrillers that popped up. I don’t know why they stopped being made. Maybe they priced themselves out of existence.”

Watch Gangster Squad Online Perhaps even more interesting than the movies that will be airing spots are the ones that aren't bothering. 20th Century Fox, Sony and Warner Bros. are all staying clear of the Super Bowl fray and won't be airing commercials despite the fact that they will be releasing some of the big movies this summer, including The Wolverine, White House Down, Elysium, The Great Gatsby, The Hangover Part III, Pacific Rim and Man of Steel. Which Super Bowl spot are you most excited to see? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to come back on Sunday, as we will be posting all of the trailers as they arrive online! While Beasts of the Southern Wild and its pint-sized star Quvenzhané Wallis have been drawing notice Stateside, there's another daring feature about a young impoverished girl left to her own devices that has won praise here and abroad. War Witch premiered at the prestigious Berlin International Film Festival last February. There, its young ingénue Rachel Mwanza won the Silver Berlin Bear, and the drama went on to draw acclaim as it toured the festival circuit through the fall. Then came the Academy Award nominations, where the drama won a coveted spot in the Best Foreign Language Film category. War Witch will be available on iTunes on February 26th. A limited theatrical release will follow on March 1st. No. There may be some directors who do that, but anyone who works with me can tell you that I don’t operate that way. I can’t spend two years on a project without being totally excited about it. Any movie I’ve made has been because of the challenge it offered me as a director, because it provides a new canvas. Even the big-budget stuff like the Ocean’s films.” Steven Soderbergh isn’t one of those omnipresent filmmakers who takes advantage of every interview opportunity when they have a film heading to theaters. Rarely do you see Soderbergh sitting down for a long-form Q-and-A with the hottest pop-culture magazine, and I’d swallow my own tongue if you ever heard Soderbergh’s name on TMZ. So when he grants a lengthy and informative interview, we tend to sit up, pay attention, comb through his comments with care and see what news we can parse.

Variety has published an article about the future of future of the studio, which just saw saw Kevin Tsujihara named CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment, and on the subject of the upcoming Justice League movie it says that the executives at WB are planning on waiting to see how well Zack Snyder's Man of Steel does at the box office before moving forward and making deals for the new superhero team-up film. As of now the studio is working with a script written by Will Beall (Gangster Squad), though the project still doesn't have a director. So this summer you will once again have a chance to vote with your dollar: if you see Man of Steel you increase your chances of one day seeing a Justice League movie, while waiting for the Superman flick to be released on Blu-ray could kill the more ambitious project. It's all up to you!