#1 Edited by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get your hopes up (yet) haters.

I was just wondering... Does anyone else think it would be embarrassing if the show got cancelled within its first, whatever episodes? Apparently, like most shows, ABC will air the first 13 episodes and it depends on whether those episodes are, well, good enough for the network to order an extra 10 episodes or something. I'm asking this because so far the show hasn't impressed me... I mean look, I said the same about Arrow (which took about 15 episodes for me to actually start liking it) - both shows have that overwhelmingly-annoying cheesy taste to it that isn't necessary. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is very important because one of the main reasons the show was picked up in the first place was because its connected to Marvel Studios. If it fails, I can only imagine that it would be an embarrassment for everyone working on the show and everyone at Marvel.

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

It ain't impossible.So far for the three episodes that have been out no one was impressed from what he saw from the show.The show for me is too boring and so far hasn't offered me anything interesting that I can hold on to.I thought that the show would be a mess and I would not like it but I really hoped that it would surprise but that ain't happening for now.

#3 Posted by kyrees (5101 posts) - - Show Bio

let those 13 episodes appear then we can come back to this.

#4 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#5 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Agents of SHIELD was the second highest most watched show among 18-49 yr olds last night, losing out to only to The Voice. I think it's a safe bet that Disney-owned ABC will air the entire season.

#6 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

It ain't impossible.So far for the three episodes that have been out no one was impressed from what he saw from the show.The show for me is too boring and so far hasn't offered me anything interesting that I can hold on to.I thought that the show would be a mess and I would not like it but I really hoped that it would surprise but that ain't happening for now.

My thoughts. I think its a bust as of now.

#7 Posted by danmcn12 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

It ain't impossible.So far for the three episodes that have been out no one was impressed from what he saw from the show.The show for me is too boring and so far hasn't offered me anything interesting that I can hold on to.I thought that the show would be a mess and I would not like it but I really hoped that it would surprise but that ain't happening for now.

It's getting good reviews from most user sites like IMDb and metacritics. Have to keep in mind that even though it is using a comic book universe the show is not aimed one iota at comic fans. It's the same as with Iron Man 3.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

@danmcn12 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

It ain't impossible.So far for the three episodes that have been out no one was impressed from what he saw from the show.The show for me is too boring and so far hasn't offered me anything interesting that I can hold on to.I thought that the show would be a mess and I would not like it but I really hoped that it would surprise but that ain't happening for now.

It's getting good reviews from most user sites like IMDb and metacritics. Have to keep in mind that even though it is using a comic book universe the show is not aimed one iota at comic fans. It's the same as with Iron Man 3.

I know that the show isn't centered only on one community like the comic book readers and I am not rating or judging the show from the comic book point of view.I have never been a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D or a big expert on the whole team and that is why I am judging the show on it's own showings and it's own way.The show so far hasn't impresses and interested me at all.

#9 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is too polished and a beauty pageant of actors with basically no talent. It's typical network tv. It's just another garbage ABC teen show. After the first episode, part of which I fell asleep for, I thought about giving it another chance. But when that came around I didn't hve the motivation to. It is what it is. I guess Marvel is pulling in a different market though, which isn't a bad business decision, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

....And the winner of the Misleading Title Thread Award goes to.....

@extremis said:

The show is too polished and a beauty pageant of actors with basically no talent. It's typical network tv. It's just another garbage ABC teen show. After the first episode, part of which I fell asleep for, I thought about giving it another chance. But when that came around I didn't hve the motivation to. It is what it is. I guess Marvel is pulling in a different market though, which isn't a bad business decision, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

These are essentially my thoughts on the series. But you know, once I kinda accepted it was going to be a generic cheesy pretty-people-who-can't-act sci-fi show....it got more enjoyable. Basically, I lowered my standards, and found that I enjoyed the show a lot more as a result.

#11 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: it's amazing what low standards can do for you lol I got dragged to Real Steel when it was in theaters and I was so pessimistic about it that I ended being pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed it.

So maybe I'll take that advice and give it another shot.

#12 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@veshark: it's amazing what low standards can do for you lol I got dragged to Real Steel when it was in theaters and I was so pessimistic about it that I ended being pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed it.

So maybe I'll take that advice and give it another shot.

Same thing happened to me for Pacific Rim.

I'll tell you this though: lowering your standards won't make it any better....but you'll find yourself having more fun. Basically just turn your brain off and enjoy the simplistic plot, the pretty girls, and Coulson.

#13 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: yeah it definitely doesn't help the quality haha Real Steel is still exactly what I thought it was. But stuff can still be enjoyable even if it's not necessarily good.

I'd probably like AoS more if I had a someone to watch it with. Because low expectations always works when you have friends to enjoy it with.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@veshark: yeah it definitely doesn't help the quality haha Real Steel is still exactly what I thought it was. But stuff can still be enjoyable even if it's not necessarily good.

I'd probably like AoS more if I had a someone to watch it with. Because low expectations always works when you have friends to enjoy it with.

Can't say the same for Pacific Rim - that was a genuinely awesome movie. But yeah, Bay's Transformers flicks? Terrible. But still enjoyable to watch.

Haha I think that makes it worse because whenever I watch bad shows with friends - we end up making fun of em.

#15 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: haha exactly! There's plenty to poke fun at with AoS

Except Coulson, he's awesome.

#16 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

This show has been slow. It needs more action.

I was watching the Walking Dead marathon last night, and all this week.

#17 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet and unfortunately I don't really feel an urgency to do so. The shows really failed to grab me. Don't get me wrong its alright and Coulson is great as usual but unlike Arrow, another show that I thought was just alright after its first 2 episodes I don't feel compelled to return. Even though Arrow got off to a slow start I still wanted to watch ot the next week.

#18 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Coulson and Skye are carrying the show, imo. Skye brings the playing for two-sides, unexpected twist, and she is hot. Coulson... well everybody loves him. Also, the asian badass pilot is pretty cool as well. I forget her name.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (24448 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet and unfortunately I don't really feel an urgency to do so. The shows really failed to grab me. Don't get me wrong its alright and Coulson is great as usual but unlike Arrow, another show that I thought was just alright after its first 2 episodes I don't feel compelled to return. Even though Arrow got off to a slow start I still wanted to watch ot the next week.

Pretty much my thoughts on the show, though "alright" is a bit higher than what I'd give it, I found it mediocre.

Online
#20 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10082 posts) - - Show Bio

The first episode was interesting, the others for the most part were just lacking.

#21 Posted by mondo625 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

So far they have talked about Hydra and in episode 3 provided the origin story for freaking Gravitron. These early episodes are laying the ground work for a bigger story down the line. Yes Skye is annoying but at least we saw a more serious Agent Coulson in episode 3. I like the show so far and doubt its going anywhere anytime soon. This is a Disney funded show on a Disney owned channel, its safe for now. Plus how bad would it suck if we never got to season two, which if timed correctly would lead right into Avengers 2.

#22 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the whole show was made to drum up interest (and revenue) for the next Avengers movie? I'm sure if it does well they will keep churning out new episodes. That's the Hollywood way, milk it until it's a shriveled shell of it's original idea and no longer making money (see Planet of the Apes).

#23 Edited by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not... I really like it...

#24 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Firefly was great and got cancelled after one season...Why not cancel this "cheese" after one season too and put a better series in it's place??? I think that would be fair

#25 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubtful

#26 Posted by RogueShadow (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really not very good. Arrow is leaps and bounds above it, Stephen Amell should definitely into the DCmovieverse.

#27 Posted by MaccyD (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Really? I'm the only comic book reader out of my friends, yet I'm the one giving it a chance (mainly due to the random references and in case it ties into Thor 2). My friends found the acting atrocious and the plot cheesy.

#28 Edited by RBT (4197 posts) - - Show Bio

ABC picks up Agents of SHIELD for while season-

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110029

#29 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit that this show is a bit too slow at starting up and I'm still not sure about what S.H.I.E.L.D's actual goals are, but at least the character development is starting to get better, especially between Skye and Grant. I just hope that we get some kind of story that would explain what S.H.I.E.L.D's actual motives are.

#30 Edited by HellionVulcan (3781 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

ABC picks up Agents of SHIELD for while season-

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110029

Just saw this but the show needs to make the agents like-able so far they seem annoying & worthless to me .

#31 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

ABC just gave the show 22 episodes

#32 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

ABC picks up Agents of SHIELD for while season-

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110029

Just saw this but the show needs to make the agents like-able so far they seem annoying & worthless to me .

It would be interesting to see where they take the show at in the next season.

#33 Posted by OreoAssassin (4988 posts) - - Show Bio

1st Episode= Promising

Others= A bore to watch

#34 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

... I am disappointed that the show was picked up for a full season.

Why didn't they just continue making the Jessica Jones series! We could have gotten Luke Cage!