Age of Ultron review (spoilers)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

Not a very long review; quite short and brief.

Overall, I liked this film. I enjoyed it - and I'm surprised the reviews aren't as strong as they are for other Marvel installments.

What I like

Right off the bat, the highlight of this film must be the Hulk vs Iron Man fight. It was excellent; although I'm disappointed Iron Man won, the action was paced at a good speed and the fight wasn't too destructive {although one empty building gets massacred}. It was like the fight was ripped straight from the comics. Stark's humor during this scene and cheap-shots made the scene all the more enjoyable.

The humor was far superior in this film. It wasn't stupid and pandering to the kiddies, it was much cheekier and wittier. In addition to the dialogue, it was a good mix.

Hawkeye was expanded upon; while in the first Avengers, he was just ''the guy who is there'' --- in this film, his motivations are revealed (his wife and kids) and it's emphasized how he really is part of the glue holding the team together, keeping it stable.

Ultron was much more bad-ass than Loki, though I'm bias, as I dislike Loki.

The teases in the film were good; Thanos with the infinity gauntlet mid-credits and the Planet Hulk teaser left me wanting more, as I knew vaguely of what was to come.

What I didn't like

The first half hour or so of the film was rushed. Within a few minutes of Ultron's inception, he was evil and his motivations were akin to the steryo-type mockery of AI we usually see. Ultron's origin was all too convenient and the same old tired formula repeated itself.

Black Widow's horniness for Bruce Banner felt completely forced. There was absolutely no hint of that in the first film. Perhaps Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner were right in saying that she is a slut.

Ultron's power levels were nerfed and far too inconsistent. At one point he's fighting Iron Man, and then at another he cannot even kill a female Scientist.

Also, the Maxmimoff twins. Their motivations were revealed with a few lines of dialogue. It felt so rushed and plot-convenient that I honestly didn't care for them. I was disappointed with their roles. I don't blame them, I blame the writing.

The final battle was a bit too hectic, felt like something from Transformers, albeit more fun.

The Verdict

I might re-write a longer and more comprehensive review later, but I liked this film. So gets a 3.8-4/5 from me.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

@frozen

Black Widow's horniness for Bruce Banner felt completely forced. There was absolutely no hint of that in the first film. Perhaps Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner were right in saying that she is a slut.

LOL! Truth Right Here!

Ultron's power levels were nerfed and far too inconsistent. At one point he's fighting Iron Man, and then at another he cannot even kill a female Scientist.

Also correct, he was all over the place.

What did you think of the Maximoffs?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2 frozen  Moderator

@jacthripper: Lol.

Also, the Maximoffs, thanks for reminding me....I should edit that into the OP. The fact that you reminded me of them, means it isn't something I liked...

They were crammed into the film and given little to no development besides the same old routine, hence I cared for neither.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jacthripper: Lol.

Also, the Maximoffs, thanks for reminding me....I should edit that into the OP. The fact that you reminded me of them, means it isn't something I liked...

They were crammed into the film and given little to no development besides the same old routine, hence I cared for neither.

I was kinda disappointed TBH, I wanted to see a bit more develop with them

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great review.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very nice

Keep up the good work ^_^

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I approve of this.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good review

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I more or less agree. I prefer Loki to Ultron as I hated Ultron's snark or should I say, Stark?

But yeah, the Widow/Banner romance was weird and the Twins served no purpose..at all.

Also, Vision was awesome.

3.5/5 for me.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

and the Planet Hulk teaser left me wanting more

@frozen: There was a Planet Hulk teaser, I didn´t notice, when did it happen.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice review by the way, I just disagree with your opinion on the twins, I think they were really good and had enough development, you can´t really give a long development in a movie that focuses on more than 8 characters, the lfew lines and scenes they had were really good.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would give it a 5/10

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the Planet Hulk teaser left me wanting more

@frozen: There was a Planet Hulk teaser, I didn´t notice, when did it happen.

i guess he is refereing to when hulk left instead of staying with the avengers.

@rpgesus said:

I would give it a 5/10

ouch

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I'm not even trolling the whole way I was questioning/hating almost all the events

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Hulk was never shown after he stayed in that SHIELD jet, right ? Also don´t listen to Rpgesus, Age of Ultron is really good, 9/10 for me, you can go and read the comments in K4tzm4n´s review, most said the movie wasn´t as spectacular as the first one but it was still a great movie.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Hulk was never shown after he stayed in that SHIELD jet, right ? Also don´t listen to Rpgesus, Age of Ultron is really good, 9/10 for me, you can go and read the comments in K4tzm4n´s review, most said the movie wasn´t as spectacular as the first one but it was still a great movie.

Fury said he crash landed somewhere in the ocean but cant be traced from there.

Rpgesus is usally an ok poster but i do disagree with him here.