After one year of having Superior Spiderman. Marvel has announced the return of Peter Parker!!!!

• 61 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@squares said:

@lvenger said:
@squares said:

Since when is anything written in a letters column set in stone?

I'm not saying it is. I am merely using it as an indication to the OP's wishful thinking that Peter will come back at the end of 2013 when it'll just be a few past stories that take place Pre Superior to pacify those who want Peter back.

But we have no solid proof that that will be the case at all. Just something from a letter's column, if I recall correctly.

It does come from the Spider-Man editor himself who probably knows when Peter will be coming back. And it can also be said you don't have any solid proof of the opposite conclusion that Peter is coming back in December. Besides, there's no indication that Superior is ending since Slott is enjoying mucking up Spider-Man too much at the cost of the actually Superior titles like Venom and Scarlet Spider. Plus, I doubt Marvel would run Superior and Amazing at the same time and it's more likely they'll wait til ASM 2 to bring Peter back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@lvenger said:

@squares said:

@lvenger said:
@squares said:

Since when is anything written in a letters column set in stone?

I'm not saying it is. I am merely using it as an indication to the OP's wishful thinking that Peter will come back at the end of 2013 when it'll just be a few past stories that take place Pre Superior to pacify those who want Peter back.

But we have no solid proof that that will be the case at all. Just something from a letter's column, if I recall correctly.

It does come from the Spider-Man editor himself who probably knows when Peter will be coming back. And it can also be said you don't have any solid proof of the opposite conclusion that Peter is coming back in December. Besides, there's no indication that Superior is ending since Slott is enjoying mucking up Spider-Man too much at the cost of the actually Superior titles like Venom and Scarlet Spider. Plus, I doubt Marvel would run Superior and Amazing at the same time and it's more likely they'll wait til ASM 2 to bring Peter back.

Um, hello, didn't the solicitation at the start of this topic state Superior is ending?

EDIT: Oh wait, no, it didn't explicitly state that. It just said Amazing is starting up again. Personally I seriously doubt the two will be running concurrently, but no, there is no explicit statement as to the cancellation.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53 vance_astro  Moderator

@lvenger said:

He'll have few friends due to Otto being a prick to everyone Peter's cared about, no romance for a long time unless he decides to continue the romance with Ana for some bizarre reason and Otto will probably cost Peter his Horizon job at some point. It's not exactly creative to put your character back years of development back to the place he started out at.

I don't think it's intended to be creative, I think this is just something the felt they HAD TO DO. Characters don't age in real time. Peter has been around since the 60's. Logically half of the most popular characters either shouldn't exist anymore or someone should have taken their mantle already because the amount of ideas you actually have for the character have to be wear thin after a while.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@squares: Yeah there's no indication Superior is ending. It only says a year after his death, Peter Parker is coming back.

@vance_astro Yes there is that but surely there should be some other, nay better way of doing it than having a supervillain screw over his personal and costumed lives.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It would be nice if SpOck and Peter Parker could co-exist somehow.

Nope, there can be only one.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you can only have so many spider men in the 616 and not have a single one be parker.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

It would be nice if SpOck and Peter Parker could co-exist somehow.

Nope, there can be only one.

What, besides Kaine and Ben Reilly?

Avatar image for rebal_avenger219
Rebal_Avenger219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What they should do is have Peter take his body back from ock, finally killing him for good (till he eventually returns in his own body), then they can transition Miguel O'Hara (since he now lives in the current 616) to the Superior title and bring back Amazing for Peter, and switch the bi-weekly format to monthly so both titles can run concurrent. This would make me 1 happy Spider-Fan!!!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@squares: I Know there was an update on the solicts

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@flazam said:

@squares: I Know there was an update on the solicts

...Good for you?

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@flazam, not to be negative about this news, but after One More Day, does it really matter what Marvel elects to do with Spider-Man? Joe Quesada once shat on all of fandom saying that Marvel could no longer afford to "write love letters to the past." In other words, continuity didn't matter in the face of moving forward. I agree that storytelling opportunities should be paramount for companies, but without a solid framework from which those stories arise, why become emotionally invested in the characters? Who cares if Flash Thompson turns out to be a Skrull? "Shucks, that Marvel got us again." So what if Mysterio dies and comes back and dies and comes back? Marvel has really killed any excitement that Spider-Man has had for me. It's a shame that there is a huge cross-secton of comic book fans who buy into all the hype because they never experienced it any other way.

The mystery of the Hobgoblin's identity may be packaged neatly in a single trade paperback, but it went on for years. "Fearful Symmetry," the storyline in which Kraven committed suicide, actually seemed like the definitive death of Kraven the Hunter until he came back from the dead. Mary Jane and Peter's marriage... ~sighs~... I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that, for me at least, those days are gone.

Even if Peter Parker is back, Spider-Man has been dead to me for years.

Geonettazombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Geonettazombie

What they should do is have Peter take his body back from ock, finally killing him for good (till he eventually returns in his own body), then they can transition Miguel O'Hara (since he now lives in the current 616) to the Superior title and bring back Amazing for Peter, and switch the bi-weekly format to monthly so both titles can run concurrent. This would make me 1 happy Spider-Fan!!!

This idea i really like, minus bringing ock back in his own body. I think he should stay gone, but then again ive never been to fond of ock to begin with. Anyway, being a fan of both characters if they gave Miguel Superior and gave Pete Amazing i to would be a very happy spider-fan