advice for dc reading

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In an effort to stop being such a DC hater in looking for new 52 story arch's that are worth the time and money sink. Specifically interested in the big 3 as well as gl. Also anything that might focus heavily on much bless common characters. Any info would be appreciated. Also looking at what runs I might want to avoid.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avoid the current reboot (due to it's rigged polls allowing only white males to vote) and wait for the reboot that's going to happen and see what happens. I'm not saying to not read stuff from DC though, their post reboot stuff is good and there are some excellent titles from their imprint Vertigo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you're into brainless action and dated, one-dimensional characters then go for their superhero stuff. If you're interested in actual stories and quality comics then check out their Vertigo titles.

EDIT: That was douchey post, I feel bad. New 52 Animal Man and Swamp Thing are great. Obviously there's Snyder's Batman run which everyone seems to love. Justice League, Injustice, Aquaman, Batwoman, Grayson, and Wonder Woman are all supposed to be good too. I've heard to stay away from Hawkman, Teen Titans, and Red Hood.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Get as many TBP of "Fables" as you can. For the Big 3..how far back do you want to go? For the New 52 Snyder's Batman and Azarello's WW will go down as epic runs. (Snyder's for certain.) I enjoyed Morrison's Action, but Morrison is not for everyone. Kelly's Action runs was darn good. Batman has had so many good runs, I don't know where to start, but try the TBP of the "Hush" storyline perhaps? Heck, what writers at Marvel do you like? Chances are about 80% they've done some work at DC.