Actors who could play as the punisher in the MCU

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now for the beginning you would need an actor who could do the punisher justice as a character on screen three of my choices are as follows

1) Thomas Jane-He understands the character and with the right script and plot could bring the Punisher to great heights also the fact he has already played the character in a sort of good adaption i would say employing him would be a smart idea.

2) Mel Gibson now- i think many people might be like why Gibson well if you don't remember Mel is in his 60's a good age that supports punisher being a part of the Vietnam war which is a big point for punisher in the comics as a character. also the fact that Mel has played as a character very similar to Frank in lethal weapon martin riggs and that if mel got into shape like he was in expendables 3 then we could be on a good run and he could bring the coldness and unorthodox method of law and everything to the character just as long as the script is good because he is a very good actor, he also has experience playing as a character in the vietnam war he played as hal moore in we were soldiers and has played pretty bad ass characters like stone banks from expendables mad max martin riggs william wallace.

3) Jefferey Dean Morgan- now i think the third actor in the list could play a good punisher as his performance as the comedian in the watchmen was decent and he did well bringing that character to life on the silver screen i believe his acting ability and the willingness to get in shape for the role is a plus.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Adkins and make the damn movie an 80s style exploitation film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Any adaptation done should emulate Punisher MAX. They need to shy away from the B-movie action route, and go for a more pulpy crime/noir thriller. I don't think Frank works as a narrative character, but rather as a boogeyman/force of nature. Frank, especially in the film medium(no inner monologues), is a very quiet, visual character. For those reasons, they should take the narrative focus off him, and put it onto characters we can actually empathize with or relate to.

I think the trick is getting someone who can portray a terrifying, imposing, and weatherworn serial killer without coming off as cheesy or excessive.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Jon Bernthal pls.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Milo Ventimiglia just got real buff, and he's actually Italian.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Any adaptation done should emulate Punisher MAX. They need to shy away from the B-movie action route, and go for a more pulpy crime/noir thriller. I don't think Frank works as a narrative character, but rather as a boogeyman/force of nature. Frank, especially in the film medium(no inner monologues), is a very quiet, visual character. For those reasons, they should take the narrative focus off him, and put it onto characters we can actually empathize with or relate to.

I think the trick is getting someone who can portray a terrifying, imposing, and weatherworn serial killer without coming off as cheesy or excessive.

I agree. Unless they want to do the origin story again, the central character(s) should have a stake in events and something to lose, as opposed to Frank, who likely just blew into town to kill some fools. I'd like to see Frank's character revealed through his interactions with the central characters, rather than the characters being revealed through interactions with a central Frank (which was the case in Punisher: War Zone).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

He also want's to play him

No Caption Provided

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he doesn't fit in the mcu

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@benk111 said:

No Caption Provided

Au contraire, mon ami: The whole point of the MCU is that everything fits. With a Daredevil Netflix series coming soon, Punisher isn't so great a leap.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Benk111

@darthmummy said:

@benk111 said:

Au contraire, mon ami: The whole point of the MCU is that everything fits. With a Daredevil Netflix series coming soon, Punisher isn't so great a leap.

he's a ruthless killer if they did him they'd have to tone down the character so kids could enjoy him like they do ironman and then it wouldn't be the punisher.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timothy Oliphant

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: But MCU Punisher needn't be a mass marketable main character, or a main character at all, as Sprior93 pointed out. What if Frank showed up in Daredevil, contrasting the title character and renewing the rivalry between them? That way, Punisher could appear without sacrificing any if his brutality.

Avatar image for psychopsychology
PsychoPsychology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Marvel needs to do as add street characters like Punisher and Moon Knight to the netflix series as co-stars/defenders members. It's already more like Marvel Knights than the actual defenders, so they might as well get the rest of the crew in on it.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Gerard Butler.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milo Ventimiglia

Gerard Bulter

Frank Grillo

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I really wish they would have let Thomas Jane continue with the role.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Theres some terrible suggestions here

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@captain13 said:

No Caption Provided

Aesthetically, this is pretty good,

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colin Farrell

Thomas Jane

Frank Grillo

Guy Pearce

IronAngel89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_halberstram:

Colin Farrell - eh

Thomas Jane - yes

Frank Grillo - would have been good but he's already Crossbones

Guy Pearce - PLEASE NO!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F it, bring back Thomas Jane

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thomas Jane? Guys stop living the pipe dream. That's never gonna happen. The MCU doesn't want to be tied to any previous version of the character. Duh. My god people suggesting Gerlad Butler? He's terrible.

Anyway, these guys could do it. They are all the right age, the right look, and most importantly they are all going to be available. True Blood is Over, Supernatural is ending, Mad Men is a wrap, and Karl Urban does mostly film so he isn't tied to some long term TV contract.

Joe Maganiello
Joe Maganiello
Jensen Ackles
Jensen Ackles
Jon Hamm
Jon Hamm
Karl Urban
Karl Urban

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@captain13 said:

No Caption Provided

Aesthetically, this is pretty good,

Honestly this is a good choice this guy can get buff when he wants to. Also he voice acted Wolverine in the Marvel Anime series, so he can do a tough guy voice.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided