About Jaden Smith's Acting

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Roth

So there are the rumors about Jaden Smith playing as Static in some series that DC is going to put out. My initial thought was, "okay, probably about the right age, sounds cool!" Then I started reading other people's thoughts about this guy playing the part of Static. The more I read, the more I started thinking, "holy crap, maybe this guy isn't cut out for a lead role in a comic book film!"

So I thought about him for a few and thought, "damn, I have only seen him in ONE flick, that being The Pursuit of Happyness!" He was just a young buck at that time, and while watching the film, I was mainly watching his dad. That movie was ALL about the character his dad was playing. Then I realized something else. "Holy crap, this is ALL I've seen him in!"

So I sought to remedy that situation. I looked up Jaden Smith's IMDB, and saw that he was in The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Karate Kid remake, and After Earth. I told my wife, "I have to rent these movies and see what all the fuss is about." So, being the awesome wife that she is, she said, "Okay!"

Today we went to the video store, and though they didn't have The Day the Earth Stood Still, they DID have The Karate Kid and After Earth. I have now watched them both. So here is my question to everyone...

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Dude, Jaden was GREAT in both of those movies! If anything, in The Karate Kid, I feel like he may have done an acting job that was ABOVE his age... as in, it felt like he should have been older because of the portrayal of the character and the emotions shown throughout the movie. He was REALLY good in that flick! And as for After Earth, holy crap, Will Smith was the WEAK LINK in that movie! And this is coming from someone that loves Will Smith!

I am seriously at a loss as to why people don't like Jaden Smith's roles and how he has portrayed them. I am actually really friggin' impressed with this young kid. So here's my question...

What did this young cat do wrong in the two films that I saw (Karate Kid and After Earth) that makes him so damned disqualified from playing as Static?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Jaden.... is that you?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah, but how can his acting be real if our eyes aren't real.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DBVSE7

Here we go.. it's because it's Jaden Smith.. he's gets so much sh*t. The kid may not be the best actor, but people need to give it a rest as if their acting skills are better.

I would love to see him play Static. Maybe the role will hel him work harder to become a better actor. Who knows.. oh wait Jaden critics apparently do lol.

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Here we go.. it's because it's Jaden Smith.. he's gets so much sh*t. The kid may not be the best actor, but people need to give it a rest as if their acting skills are better.

I would love to see him play Static. Maybe the role will hel him work harder to become a better actor. Who knows.. oh wait Jaden critics apparently do lol.

That's just it... I don't think anyone has an actual gripe about him as an actor, or can point to any specific instances that make them cringe (or if they can, it is one or two instances, and not multiple). I really like what I have seen out of him so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo said:

@joeagentofhand1: that's deep, man.

Thanks man!!1 I am just doing it because nobody else will.

haha Really though, all kinds of actors are kind of weird and talk weird stuff when they're not in their role. Did you see that episode of The Talking Dead that had the actress that plays as Carol? She isn't altogether what you would call "the norm" or whatever. So, Twitters and all that jazz... push it to the side, as it has no bearing. What makes Jaden a bad decision to play Static? That is the question I would like answered.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaden Smith good acting?

No Caption Provided

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaden Smith good acting?

No Caption Provided

Explain why he's a bad actor, in detail. Specific instances that stand out.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can act?

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can act?

Explain why he can't act, in detail. Specific instances that stand out.

I am actually really interested in hearing someone actually answer this seriously, because I have seen multiple people say, seriously, that he can't act and that he would ruin a Static show. I want to know what he has done so far that proves, or makes a solid case, showing that he would be a horrible choice for Static.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Y2G

I know nothing about his acting. I do know he's a piece of shit.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is easily a good actor. Most of the people who don't like him is because of how he acts in public.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By legacy6364

He's a decent actor. The people just need something to hate.

Also, I don't want him to play Static.