#1 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops glasses

There is space between his glasses and his face right, so why can't we see the beam

The beam would have burned the glasses or his face, it kept firing, so when he goes to sleep,what if he suddenly opened his eyes

And how can he see ?

#2 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a kinetic beam, it doesn't burn. and it's a macguffin, it doesn't have a proper explanation IIRC

#3 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: it will still destroys his face

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12779 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, no space supposedly. It contours to his face.

The beam is a force beam, has nothing to do with heat.

He usually sleeps without glasses as shown.....so you just have to chuck that question up to comic logic

He sees like anyone else would normally. Except everything he sees is red.

There is actually a book that explains in detail how mutant powers work...as much as it ignores physics...its still interesting

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: probably mental training conditioning or Prof X did something so he won't open his eyes during sleep time and so he can wake up with his eyes close until he gets the glasses on

#6 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't the force beam push the glasses off his face?

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12779 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
His glasses are mad of Ruby Quartz that absorb/harness the beams
#8 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@tuananhxu99001 said:

@Jorgevy: it will still destroys his face

He is immune to it effects. When storm (powerless) fought him to be leader of X-Men, she held held his arm over his eyes. I also believe Havok is immune to it's effects. Here is verbiage form Marvel Comics Database.

The crystal resonates at the same frequency as the psionic field that protects both Cyclops and Havok from their own powers.

@Dernman said:

Same reason he doesn't blow out his retinas or drum against his eyelids when he's asleep. Per the above, it's kind of a psionic field... I guess like certain rocks are supposed to give off good ionic vibes.

So if this is true, why don't super villains just get dressed in ruby quartz? They obviously haven't read this marvel comics database and hopefully won't read this thread...

#9 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Nope, no space supposedly. It contours to his face. The beam is a force beam, has nothing to do with heat. He usually sleeps without glasses as shown.....so you just have to chuck that question up to comic logic He sees like anyone else would normally. Except everything he sees is red. There is actually a book that explains in detail how mutant powers work...as much as it ignores physics...its still interesting

I know exactly what book your taking about... But it doesn't ignore physics. It IS a physics book.

Anyone can find it at a local commercial book store, but they can only find it in the Science/Math/Physics area, not the comic stands.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12779 posts) - - Show Bio
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Thats not it though, there is one specifically for mutants and the X-men 

#11 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Thats not it though, there is one specifically for mutants and the X-men

Hmm interesting. I think I might want to check this out. But the book that I posted is pretty good. You might want to check it out if you get the chance to.